Android Support/ My android is messed up Help!!

coolkid43

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I installed a new rom in attempt to solve a bootlooping issue caused by a
file i was installing through clockwork that had to do with installing
gingerbread keyboard on my mytouch 4g but now the service doesn't work. I am rooted. I was
hoping a professional on the software could possibly help me out. I thought
of a couple solutions; 1. Reinstall original rom, 2. install new radio, 3.
completely reinstall entire software on phone.
please and thank you =)

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean the service doesn't work? What happened when you tried to flash the ROM? What ROM was it? Why wouldn't it flash?

When you flash a ROM you need to make sure you wipe data/factory reset, cache, and dalvik cache. If you flashed something and it messed up your phone flashing a ROM should fix it because it replaces everything on the phone, software wise.

Basically I need a lot more information to be able to help you troubleshoot the problem.

Reactions: coolkid43

coolkid43

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, first off thank you. So I flashed the gorillasense rom an older version and the it would connected to the t-mobile service correctly but then after about 5 hours it stopped. It flashed fine but I don't think that I wiped before I did that one so I tried another one and I wiped it; this time I did a miui rom but it still wouldn't connect to the t-mobile network. Then I flashed to another rom by eVil and it is still not working and the rom has wifi issues. I mean everything works; my apps cam EVERYTHING all except connecting to the network.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Did you try going into settings and make sure tmobile is your preferred provider? Sometimes it's just a matter of having the correct settings.

Check that first and report back please.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
then you have a SIM card problem it sounds like. you will need to go to t-mobile and get it replaced. that or give them a call and have them check your provisioning and make sure the correct SIM card is on your line.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
what kind of wifi issues are you having? with that ROM I've noticed (and another user has too) that if wifi is on and we leave the range of the network it never picks up the cellular data connection. sometimes it won't automatically reconnect when i get back in range, too.

i'm waiting on a reply from the dev about this particular issue. it's not a deal breaker, though, just an annoyance that is fixed by turning wifi off.

coolkid43

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the same problem and also it won't connect to my home wifi but it will connect to my school wifi but as soon as I go to for example the campus center, it doesn't connect even though its the same internet just another router.

coolkid43

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Well I click read only on a management app; so im a try again. As for checking when t-mobile I went to the store today and they changed it into a nail shop -__- lol . will be checking tomorrow at another store;

coolkid43

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I fixed the bootlooping by install iced glacier. I fixed the sdcard by getting a new one. The only problem I have now is that it won't connect to the network. For example; When I goto settings then 'wireless & networks' then 'mobile networks' and 'network operators' i click search networks and click on tmobile, then it tells me "your sim card does not allow a connection to this network"

HKM

Banned
Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Just call TMo and get them to send you new SimCard. Now if there was any other radio's you could have tried it but since we only have 1 radio lol so much for that. But I think its faulty simcard, has happend to me in the past.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Did it work before you rooted? I guess the answer is obvious but I'm just making sure. I'm pretty sure you can find the radios somewhere (i'm not sure where) and try reflashing them. They might have gotten messed up somehow. I've ran Iced Glacier and Gorillasense DHD port and everything works fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batsam