Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

ROM
    CM7.1.0

Default Re: [Guide] How to root your myTouch 4G

For people trying to root the MT4G I would recommend following the current process posted in the wiki at : HTC Glacier: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki This has a method that seems solid and worked for me yesterday, I was on the stock GB T-Mobile rom. I had been using CM7 previously as well as trying out a few other roms and had gone back to the stock rom to check it out and then didn't have time to do anything else. The stock rom is pretty solid but I'm a tweaker at heart and finally had time to get back into custom rom surfing...

I am trying to use the Wiki guide you posted and I downloaded the shell but I get a 404 error when I tried downloading Busybox and the other files except for clockwork mod. Anyone have any ideas of where I can find these files or what I can do? Thanks!

I Followed The Steps and after i Temp Root i go to terminal emu, and type in su and it says Permission Denied... i try Root Browser & astro and they dont let me run Root.ssh HELP
    Thanked by:

Hey so i rooted my mytouch 4g but almost every rom doesn't run properly for me. I don't like the rooted phone personally. How would I go about unrooting the mytouch? Do i follow the instructions on the very bottom of your instructions?

Quote Originally Posted by dlnielse#ac View Post
    For people trying to root the MT4G I would recommend following the current process posted in the wiki at : HTC Glacier: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki This has a method that seems solid and worked for me yesterday, I was on the stock GB T-Mobile rom. I had been using CM7 previously as well as trying out a few other roms and had gone back to the stock rom to check it out and then didn't have time to do anything else. The stock rom is pretty solid but I'm a tweaker at heart and finally had time to get back into custom rom surfing...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12