gingerbread with CyanogenMod 7???

wally27

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I seen on youtube people running gingerbread. there using CyanogenMod 7. Any one tried this? I was wondering If i flashed my mt4g and installed CyanogenMod 7 could i restore my phone back to stock if i need to send it back for warranty? Thanks

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I seen on youtube people running gingerbread. there using CyanogenMod 7. Any one tried this? I was wondering If i flashed my mt4g and installed CyanogenMod 7 could i restore my phone back to stock if i need to send it back for warranty? Thanks

Yeah.. do a nanbackup of your stock rom and restore it when you are ready to send it back. To do a nanbackup, power off the phone, hold the volume button point down and simultaneously push the power button. It will go into bootloader. Wait for the hboot to load and use the volume botton to navigate to recovery. Then push the power button.

Sent From Tapatalk.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Use rom manager. And I'm not trying to be mean but do some reading before you flash cm7. It's not straight forward like other roms.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Jason Black

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Use rom manager. And I'm not trying to be mean but do some reading before you flash cm7. It's not straight forward like other roms.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Yeah.. i second that. Just use cm 6.1.2 and download a gingerbread launcher if you so please.. cm 7 isnt fully cooked yet, so it still has bugs. As a first timer, you dont want to start off with a buggy rom. Try stable ones.

Sent From Tapatalk.

PhilipJFry

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Am currently running CM7 nightly build 32, and although I've had some WiFi and GSPS issues I've been really happy. Running GB on the MT4G can be done, but there are hurdles you have to jump (must flash ClockworkMod 3.0.0.5, and won't be able to downgrade to your 2.2.1 OS anymore unless you reflash an older version of CM and reinstall your backup) and have to be aware you are going to run into problems here and there.

PhilipJFry

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
And to add to that, eventually CM7 will get stable and be more friendly for first time flashers.

It's not a bad daily ROM, imo. I haven't had too many problems w/it, other than some WiFi and Gallery/playing movie issues- but that's expected with nightly/experimental builds. I don't data wipe before every build, although I recommend doing so every 5 or 10 builds since the repeated flashings will stack up on each other and develop issues after a while.

PhilipJFry

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
When I tried flashing cwm3 it gave me errors. Any tips or tricks i should know?

I transferred the .zip file to the root directory of the MT4G, booted into recovery, and installed the .zip file from \\advanced\install zip from sdcard. From there, I went into ROM Manager, selected the first option "Flash CWM Recovery", and selected 2.5.1.4. Version 2.5.1.2 is the CWM version for 2.2+ Froyo use only.

Hopefully, that helps, but please let me know if I can help further (or am totally off the mark).

BTW, what sort of errors have you experienced? This XDA MT4G link may help.

Reactions: Kevin OQuinn

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hmm...those are the steps I followed but ROM Manager told me it couldn't find clockwork (or something like that). Reading the OP in the thread you linked it could be because it was an older version and ROM Manager was looking in the wrong place. I will try those instructions tonight.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I got it up and running. Finally. Anybody else having some problems getting gmail to push or read about it anywhere?

Sent from my myTouch 4G

PhilipJFry

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Yes and I couldn't be happier. Except my gmail doesn't push now.

I've had that problem a couple of times when flashing new nightly builds, so I've taken to either fixing permission w/in CWM recovery or reinstalling the gapps .zip file. Since I usually flash builds on top of one another for a while, I've taken to doing a complete data/cache wipe and reinstalling the nightly build when problems like this arise.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've been running cm7 for about a week or so. Just updated to rc1. I couldn't be happier.

Lol turns out my Gmail push problem was just a setting. Cm7 comes with gmail sync turned off by default.

Anybody that's rooted and hasn't tried this should. Clockword mod 3 is now in rom manager so the hard part just got a lot easier.

Sent from my myTouch 4G

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX