Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Hey guys. quick question ...

Yesterday I installed a new ROM to phone. The Gingerbread one. Lets say that for some reason I didn't like it. How do I go back to the original software (2.2 froyo)? Will I have to permroot my phone? Oh and how do I overclock it? I think that's how you say it. Lol.

Thanks.

ROM
    CyanogenMod N252

Quote Originally Posted by Luismi View Post
    Yesterday I installed a new ROM to phone. The Gingerbread one. Lets say that for some reason I didn't like it. How do I go back to the original software (2.2 froyo)? Will I have to permroot my phone? Oh and how do I overclock it? I think that's how you say it. Lol.

Thanks.
    as long as you have the 3.0.0.6 or greater Recovery image you can flop between ROMs without a problems. Just make sure to do a Nandroid Backup and then do a factory reset via the recovery prior to flashing anything new. Their a SEVERAL FroYo XDA Evils HD Sense ROM is pretty amazing if i say so myself.

And to overclock you need to download and install a Kernel Which can also be found @ XDA's Development Section. How ever personally i do not recommend flashing 3rd party Kernels to ROM.s
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon | Cyanogen(mod) 10.1
    Asus Transformer TF101 | Cyanogen(mod)
    Nook Color | Cyanogen(mod)
    Logitech Revue
    Past : HTC Glacier / HTC Sapphire / HTC Dream / Blackberry 8100, 8310, 8700, 8900, 9700
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for your reply!

I did EVERYTHING that's in this link (except the part that says optional)

TMobile myTouch 4G: Full Update Guide - CyanogenMod Wiki

Im now with froyo again. Before I installed the custom Rom, I did a backup. So I went to Rom manager and did the restore of it from the SD card. I then powered down my phone, turned it back on (with volume down) and flashed something again. Lol. So far everything is working fine.

So why don't you recommend doing the other thing?

Thanks again!

ROM
    CyanogenMod N252

Quote Originally Posted by Luismi View Post
    So why don't you recommend doing the other thing?

Thanks again!
    As far as flashing a kernel? Because the developers have created their ROM to work with a certain kernel. And running a 3rd party ROM can break the cycle when it comes to feed back the development team wants.

[sent via Cyanogen powered Android]
    Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon | Cyanogen(mod) 10.1
    Asus Transformer TF101 | Cyanogen(mod)
    Nook Color | Cyanogen(mod)
    Logitech Revue
    Past : HTC Glacier / HTC Sapphire / HTC Dream / Blackberry 8100, 8310, 8700, 8900, 9700
    Thanked by:
    Luismi 
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Oooh. Ok. That makes sense. Thank you for your time and info!