Downloading... Do not turn off target!!

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So I have the same issues others are having with not being able to update on my rooted N10 except, I can't go into recovery.

About Me: Rooted Nexus 10> Running Stock JB 4.2.1>

When I hold down the power and down button I go into the bootloader and it says "Downloading... Do not turn off target!!" and it will just stay on this screen.

I can't toggle anything, up and down buttons do not work to go into recovery, reset bootloader, start device etc..

But I can hold the power button down and then restart the device and everything works fine. How do I go about this?

My only thinking is that I am going to have to go into ADB, but I'm not even sure if that's going to work.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Download mode is for using Odin. This is a Samsung exclusive way of flashing your device but usually isn't used on the Nexus line. It's used commonly on branded Samsung devices like the S3 for rooting and restoring a device to stock.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Power-Home-Volume Down = Download Mode
Power-Home-Volume Up = Recovery Mode

Well I feel like an idiot. Didn't know that there was a separate "download mode".

I must have gotten mixed up because on my N7 and N4 I believe both of those are Power + Volume down to boot to recovery. Thanks for the info, by the way I tried what you said - (Power + Volume Up) twice and it only restarted the tablet. I then did Power + BOTH Volume up and down and it booted into recovery.. Silly me.

I'll give you a thanks anyway, since it did help me get to where I wanted. Thanks for the quick response guys, a mod can lock this if need be.

tohny777

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
My phone is stuck on this and i never tried updating my phone or anything!!! How can i fix it ? I dont even think my wifi is on so its not even downloading anything[/size]

prestonhorin

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
I finally ended up pulling my battery and I was okay. I'm not sure if I was just lucky or what...

Anyways, hopefully someone will give a technical answer.

Dalt Wisney

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
My app (Android class at UW-extension) kept locking up my phone, so I shut it down and tried to restart. But all of a sudden, I get this weird screen with Lloyd with a big "Downloading" label. I tried the down button like Senor Fox recommended and then I saw the familiar boot message. I have a galaxy nexus (4.2.2) and it's always been a champ until recently.:)

Desdanie Perry

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I too am having a major problem. I didnt do anything to this stupid phone and honestly i am about to chuck this bad boy as far as i possibly can, preferably towards someone i dont like very much ;) lol jk.
So the battery died one day, stopped to get a car charger, and now it wont turn on- stuck on the screen like it will try to load- tried recovery mode, nothing. i can get to the screen where it asks to wipe system, update from sd card, etc. finally got the the screen that looks like it will work- but when i swipe to unlock the phone, all i can see is the very top where is has the battery power, 4g and notifications I get. I cant get to use the phone or the home screen. I have tried to download kies, wont recognize that the phone is connected- tried to use a different phone and load things onto the sd card to transfer- and still nothing. I just bought this stupid phone and really dont want to have to fork out another dollar. Currently using my daughters phone with a screen that looks like a spider web. HELP please!!!!!!

Fal92

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
I got the "downloading... do not turn off target" message on the screen of mys3 and then my battery died. Now my phone is not charging and it refuses to turn on. Idk what to do

Lade27

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
I have a verizon galaxy sch-1535 unlocked with a tmobile sim card...its been recently factory reset an I need to re unlock....how odin3 kept the download error message on

ppshrutirao

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Before we start, please let me explain how this service works:
Electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to solve your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not solve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record). Please use "Reply to Expert" or "Continue conversation" button instead.

When you are satisfied or your problem has been solved, please rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

?ANSWER?

Please follow the steps below:
1. Turn off your phone
2. Remove battery and SIM card (if you have SIM card in your phone)
3. Wait 5 minutes
4. Replace SIM card and battery but not SD card
5. Press and hold Power button for 20 seconds.

Check the picture below for instruction how to remove back cover - click here

If this solution doesn't work or you have any difficulties please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button.

Lallbahadoor Yatish

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
HI, am Yatish,

Please help me...if started to root my phone model samsung Gt-i9003. It was in downloading mode..

the odin application says:
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Odin v.3 engine (ID:3)..
<ID:0/003> File analysis..
<ID:0/003> Enter CS for MD5..
<ID:0/003> Leave CS..
<ID:0/003> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/003> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/003> boot.bin
<ID:0/003> Sbl.bin
<ID:0/003> param.lfs
<ID:0/003> factoryfs.rfs
<ID:0/003>
<ID:0/003> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Then i have switch off my phone... now is not switching...please advice bro..thanks

zapromel

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I have this problem about my newly purchased Samsung phone from Globe (a service provider here in the Philippines) about two months ago. It was bundled with one of their postpaid plans. The unit is SAMSUNG GALAXY S DUOS GT-S7562. I hope anyone who is familiar or has encountered the same problem can give me an idea of what is happening with my phone. I was referred by my service provider to a service center but I haven?t visited it yet since the shop is far from my workplace and I?m too busy with my work.

The first problem is about the battery charging. The battery charging during the first month was good. I would normally turn the phone off every time I would charge the battery. And there?s this battery icon that appears and shows that the battery is charging. So that?s the normal thing. It was good. But after a month, I noticed that it takes long before the charging begins. Sometimes it would take an hour or two or even four hours before it begins charging. I checked the charger but I don?t think it?s the problem since it?s working on my other Samsung phones. I have tried several Samsung chargers too but still they would not work on my phone.

The other problem is about this android image which suddenly appears on the screen when the phone is off. It says that something is downloading and warns not to turn off the target! But how could that be? There?s no internet connection whatsoever since the phone is turned off! I don?t get it.

Please anyone help me with this. The one-month replacement warranty has passed which means that my service provider would not replace my unit with a new one.

Thank you.

Zapromel

Attachments

• IMG_20130925_091946.jpg
    IMG_20130925_091946.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,646
  • IMG_20130925_092008.jpg
    IMG_20130925_092008.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 1,643

mytyng

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
i cant turn on my phone after doing these steps
1. Turn off your phone
3. Wait 5 minutes

and i also cant get into the recovery mood after pressing volume up, power, home button.
my phone is samsung note 1..help me pls.. ><

JazzyJeffie

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Before we start, please let me explain how this service works:
Electronics troubleshooting is not always easy and sometimes I will not be able to solve your problem immediately, so if my first answer does not solve your problem or you need more information please do not rate my answer negative BAD SERVICE or POOR SERVICE (that will result in a permanent negative feedback on my record). Please use "Reply to Expert" or "Continue conversation" button instead.

When you are satisfied or your problem has been solved, please rate my answer with GOOD SERVICE or EXCELLENT SERVICE, as this is the only way I get credited for helping you.

?ANSWER?

1. Turn off your phone
3. Wait 5 minutes

Hi there. Thanks for posting, however I want to clarify your steps..

In Step 2, you said to remove the battery and SIM card.. Then on Step 4, you said to replace them but not the SD card. Based on steps 1 - 3, we never removed the SD card. Please clarify, because I don't understand how to proceed.

I need to fix this, because my wife's S3 experienced this.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4