Who's it going to be?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Who do you guys think the OEM will be for the next Nexus? LG? Huawei? Moto?

Sure nothing is confirmed yet, but it will be interesting to see who it winds up to be.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see Asus or LG.

I'm also hoping that it won't be as huge as the Nexus 6. I'd prefer a device that is around 5". If a 5" Nexus is released, there's a great possibility I'll get it.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to see Asus or LG.

I'm also hoping that it won't be as huge as the Nexus 6. I'd prefer a device that is around 5". If a 5" Nexus is released, there's a great possibility I'll get it.

I think there are a lot of people hoping for a Nexus 5 sort of device with updated specs.

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
When has Google usually announced new Nexus devices?

I know Apple and Samsung have well-known schedules for release dates.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
N5 and N6 were both announced in October, so there's plenty of time for speculation.

I'd like to see a refreshed/updated version of the N6 myself, but I fear I'm in the minority on that one. As long as they keep the front-facing speakers, I don't care who makes it. Well, maybe not HTC (how's that for irony) since they seem to have hit a wall this year.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
When has Google usually announced new Nexus devices?

I know Apple and Samsung have well-known schedules for release dates.

We typically find out something or another about upcoming android features at Google I/O (June-ish) and then phones are usually announced and released Q4, October or November. Tablets were being released Q2, but last year the Nexus 9 was also Q4.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Like everyone said...the Nexus is usually among the last of the devices released for the calendar year. I think the earliest one was the 5 at October 31.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
N5 and N6 were both announced in October, so there's plenty of time for speculation.

I'd like to see a refreshed/updated version of the N6 myself, but I fear I'm in the minority on that one. As long as they keep the front-facing speakers, I don't care who makes it. Well, maybe not HTC (how's that for irony) since they seem to have hit a wall this year.

I agree with you here. With all the supposed issues with the Nexus 6's back cover coming apart, it's what has kept me from getting it. I loved the front-facing speakers when I tested a display model AT&T, so I'm afraid whoever makes the next one will put a single flimsy speaker on the back (read LG), which would be a huge step back, imo. I just want a unibody device whose battery won't swell, causing a glued on back to come apart. To me, a glued on back is unacceptable when you're paying up to $750 + with tax for a phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I hope it's not LG again. I have a Nexus 4 that could never give me more than one hour OST. The rear camera lens even fell off about a year ago.

Motorola has always been good.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I hope it's not LG again. I have a Nexus 4 that could never give me more than one hour OST. The rear camera lens even fell off about a year ago.

I agree. I have nexus 4 and patiently waiting for a new nexus.
I could go with N6 but at this point its better to wait for a new device.

huawei makes nice devices. I hope they do mate 7 update

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site

I am the opposite. I hope LG gets a 3rd crack at it. I have the nexus 5, and I love it, best smartphone I've ever owned. Girlfriend has the nexus 4, which I was originally going to get, but then it was sold out and the nexus 5 was announced, so I waited for it instead. I don't have any problems or issues with my nexus 5.

Posted via Android Central App

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I would like to see LG, I have been quite satisfied with my N5 and still am. With the exception of battery life. If not the LG then Asus would be go I have two of there laptop and love them both. Only 6 more months and we will know.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

wow, I still use my Nexus 4, mostly WiFi,I typically get 3-4 SOT

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I know this almost certainly won't happen, but I would love to see Samsung back in the Nexus game. Samsung definitely knows how to make the hardware. While I'm sure Samsung thinks it could hurt their bottom line since they're all about TouchWiz and OEM-specific features these days, I do think Google could convince Samsung by allowing them to use their own Exynos chip in the phone. Imagine a GS6 camera on a Nexus, though.

I'm also really interested to see who is going to make the new Nexus tablet. I'm in the market for a new one, but straying away from the N9. Like the N9's design but software kinks and other glitches have me hesitant to make that kind of purchase.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I have not purchased a Nexus smartphone, but I'm thinking about it. I have the Moto X (2014) Pure Edition right now, and I love the experience... the Moto Voice adds a lot to straight Android and yet does not distract.

If this comes out fairly close to the same time as the new Moto X (2015) and has good specs... I might have to look at it a little more seriously.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21