Please Google bring back a Nexus 7 type tablet

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Please Google, give us back a Nexus 7 type tablet with the following specs for a reasonable price:
2/3 gb RAM
32/64 gb storage
at least the same screen as the 2013 Nexus or even better the 2560x1600 screen of the Dell and Samsung
Make it either 7" or even better an 8/8.4" offering
Good battery life
good speakers
reasonable build

The Nexus 9 is not what I want or need, it's too expensive, and just not what I want. The ASUS built Nexus 7 is the direction Google should travel.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
My wife has an iPad Mini, and I feel that the width is just a bit too much for comfortable one handed-holding, compared to my N7.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
My wife has an iPad Mini, and I feel that the width is just a bit too much for comfortable one handed-holding, compared to my N7.

yeah I've used the Nexus 7 to, bought one for my son and love it. best device for the money I've probably ever bought.

I couldn't imagine using that or any tablet one handed. I can barely use most phones one handed, never mind a tablet ... if we're talking about just holding it when watching something, I rarely do that with either. it's just uncomfortable to hold either of em one handed for longer than a minute or two. I typically just use the back of my case to prop it up in my lap

Posted via the Android Central App

Prisma Code

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Hear hear! I prefer the 7" size as well. Best balance between screen size and portability.
Definitely agreed! My Nexus 7 (2012) is still running pretty good with 5.0 installed, though it occasionally freezes up for a few seconds, possibly due to low quality memory, maybe? Hopefully if Google and Asus make a new 7in (or even 8 inch?) Nexus tab, they'll add a rear camera and, at long last, and SD card slot. :cool:

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
With the new tablets coming out with the 2560x1600 screens, I think that it should not be too hard to do it, or even give us the same resolution as before.

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
For reading, and such the 7" was easier for my wife to hold. I think that the smaller tablets are also easier to travel with for people with smaller hands. I know my wife used hers all the way from Texas to Florida last Christmas during our Disney vacation. A newer Nexus 7 with the same or better screen resolution would be great.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
For reading, and such the 7" was easier for my wife to hold. I think that the smaller tablets are also easier to travel with for people with smaller hands. I know my wife used hers all the way from Texas to Florida last Christmas during our Disney vacation. A newer Nexus 7 with the same or better screen resolution would be great.

I'd be all over a new Nexus 7 ... can't say I really need one, my iPad Mini is going strong, but if the price is right I'd jump all over it.

Makes a great present too!

Camaihofer

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I miss my nexus 7...i have a samsung tab s... Screen is awesome.. But miss the 7 inch form factor

Laura Knotek

Moderator Captain
Jan 8, 2011
Visit site
I love my 2013 Nexus 7 tablet! It's great, since it is easy to carry around and has a great screen resolution.

I'd definitely like a new one with the same form factor but better specs.

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk

smoledman

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
As usual Google's scattershot approach to hardware continue to confound users.

I guarantee you, if they simply updated the Nexus 7 with the SD 810 and nothing else it would sell several million no problem.

Phone_addict

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
Don't send pleas to companies on forums that aren't associated with the company. It doesn't make sense, but I'm all for that kind of tablet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77