Google More Likely To Pick Chinese Brands Over LG For Next-Gen Flagship

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'll take the article with a grain of salt due to the "unnamed supply chain source" but assuming it's true, I'll be upset. I'd like to see either Moto or LG partner with Google, and I'd be happy with either choice.

If one of the Chinese companies make it, I'll be really disappointed and probably won't get it unless the reviews blow me away. I'll be honest, I don't have a good reason for that, it's just how I feel though.

Posted via the Android Central App

32gig

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I'll take the article with a grain of salt due to the "unnamed supply chain source" but assuming it's true, I'll be upset. I'd like to see either Moto or LG partner with Google, and I'd be happy with either choice.

If one of the Chinese companies make it, I'll be really disappointed and probably won't get it unless the reviews blow me away. I'll be honest, I don't have a good reason for that, it's just how I feel though.

I agree with your opinion.. I'd really like to see LG back in the game tho, still lovin my nexus 5..

Posted via Android Central App

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an issue with a Chinese manufacturer making it. I don't see why anyone would be upset with this. Most phones are manufactured in China. Even iPhones, which are known for their extremely high quality, are all manufactured in China.

If a Chinese OEM are able to make a great Nexus phone, then awesome. Go with them.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Chinese brands would also include Lenovo/Motorola.

yeah I should've been more specific, I was talking about Xiaomi and Huawei. maybe I'll warm up to it if/when it comes to fruition and gets great reviews. if Google goes that route instead of Moto or LG, I'd definitely be disappointed though. again, no logical explanation, it's just the way I feel

craZDude

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I would be really excited about a Nexus from Xiaomi. They have such good phones for low prices, it could be the return of an affordable Nexus!

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I would be really excited about a Nexus from Xiaomi. They have such good phones for low prices, it could be the return of an affordable Nexus!

That's what I'm really interested in knowing - will the pricing go back to the old really good value for money model or will it stick to the Nexus 6 model of higher pricing?

Of course I'd like a cheaper device, but I've heard that Google had to subsidise the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 to sell them at those prices. Dont know if it's true.

Sent from my SM-G920I

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure they would be great phones but I agree, I won't pick one up. I worry about Google using my data as it is, even more worried about Spyware on a Chinese phone. Call me crazy but that's how I feel.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There shouldn't be any reason to not see a Chinese OEM produce a Nexus device. As stated, Lenovo/Moto would be a possibility, as would Huawei. After all, the latest rumors I've seen hint towards two devices this cycle: one by LG and the other by Huawei.

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Xiaomi wouldn't be a bad option either, they make some fairly high quality stuff. And it being a Nexus means we won't get those annoying Chinese launchers that omit all Google Services and ape the iPhone UI.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus 6 by Motorola is the best phone on the market right now. Other than its a little pricey Motorola did a great job

RealDogBoy

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I'll bet it's not Xiaomi. They seem to be taking a path somewhat similar to Apple but with lower prices. What I mean by that is that they're cultivating an ecosystem of their own.

I have a Mi Band (by Xiaomi) which has excellent build quality but very little flexibility.

An updated Nexus 5 (5.2" by LG, as rumored) is my best guess -- maybe an updated Nexus 6 also.

RealDogBoy

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site
I just found a new rumor...

Google Nexus 5 2015 Specifications, Features, Release Date Update: Android Pay, Snapdragon 820 Processor, Fingerprint Sensor, 5.5-Inch Display, Enhanced Battery Life, 2-Year Android Update Guarantee : Tech : Yibada

The new Nexus 5 packs 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor and 5.5 inch Quad HD AMOLED screen display. In addition, it shows off Android M operating system, heart rate sensor, 4,000 mAh removable battery, USB Type C port, 13 MP front-facing camera and 20 MP rear-facing camera with OIS 2.0 and F/1.8 lens. Other features include 1TB additional storage via microSD slot and 64 or 128GB of storage.

The 4000mah removable battery is great news, IMO. The 5.5" screen isn't such a good idea -- I think they should keep the N5 closer to 5" -- and continue the N6 at about 6".

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I just found a new rumor...

Google Nexus 5 2015 Specifications, Features, Release Date Update: Android Pay, Snapdragon 820 Processor, Fingerprint Sensor, 5.5-Inch Display, Enhanced Battery Life, 2-Year Android Update Guarantee : Tech : Yibada

The 4000mah removable battery is great news, IMO. The 5.5" screen isn't such a good idea -- I think they should keep the N5 closer to 5" -- and continue the N6 at about 6".

The new Nexus 5 packs 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 820 processor and 5.5 inch Quad HD AMOLED screen display. In addition, it shows off Android M operating system, heart rate sensor, 4,000 mAh removable battery, USB Type C port, 13 MP front-facing camera and 20 MP rear-facing camera with OIS 2.0 and F/1.8 lens. Other features include 1TB additional storage via microSD slot and 64 or 128GB of storage.

That reads like my dream device if I can just get a Kevlar case for it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463