glad I passed on S6 & G4

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I have an S4 for business and Nexus 4 for personal. Both are getting replaced in the near future

So, the game plan heading into the year was I'd either get the S6, M9 or G4 to replace the S4 and either one of the two leftovers to replace my N4, or just wait for the rest of the flagships to drop and pick one when I saw one I liked.

Battery, camera and most importantly UX were at the top of my list. The M9 was a failure, I just can't get over the black bar. The Evleaks render got my hopes up, but I was disappointed so figured I'd wait for the S6. I loved the aesthetics of the edge, and thought for sure I'd get it, but the 2600 battery alarmed me, it not being removable sealed the deal.

Love the G4, and had it been released when the M9 or S6 dropped I'd probably have one, but hearing the buzz around 2 Nexus phones and USB-C got my attention. I also like what I'm seeing from Lenovo, in that they're embracing Moto and I think the MX 3rd gen will be special.

At this point, it's already June and I'm glad I've waited. I intend on keeping my next 2 phones 3 years minimum, so something like USB-C is kinda important all of a sudden. I'll have the Moto X, S6 Active, Note 5, possibly 2 Nexus phones and maybe a G4 Note to choose from.

Personally, I'm fine with not upgrading my phone every 12-24 months, especially when USB-C will become the norm. Quick charging 2.0 won't be as important, and things like 808 vs 810 processors or 1080p vs 1440p don't excite me.

That doesn't mean the G4 isn't a huge upgrade from my S4, it is, but considering the phones on the horizon will have what I consider much more significant upgrades, I think this year patience is gonna pay off ... at least I hope so!!

Posted via the Android Central App

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Right on! I feel the same way about the latest launch of flagship phones. I've got a Moto X (2013) and it still runs pretty good on KitKat. It does everything I need it to do except run Lollipop. Thinking about an upcoming Nexus phone or significantly improved Moto X (2015) mainly better camera running on M is probably what I'll go for.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Right on! I feel the same way about the latest launch of flagship phones. I've got a Moto X (2013) and it still runs pretty good on KitKat. It does everything I need it to do except run Lollipop. Thinking about an upcoming Nexus phone or significantly improved Moto X (2015) mainly better camera running on M is probably what I'll go for.

yeah IMO the Moto X has the best UX out there by far, including Nexus. they give us a camera on par or even slightly below the S6/G4 with a bigger battery I'll jump all over it.

Posted via the Android Central App

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I've got high hopes for the next release, but I did for the 6 as well. It's going to be a long summer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11