Gooogle To Focus on Future-Proofing with the Nexus 2015

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
If these reports are true, I might have to take durable with a replaceable battery over good speakers. Although having had a Huawei MyTouch, the sound on it was quite loud, which was good.

Posted via the Android Central App

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
According to reports, it seems Google's focus is on making the next crop of Nexus devices durable and future-proof. It should be interesting:

Nexus 5 2015 and Android M born to be together - GeekSnack

Google Nexus 2015 Release Date Update: Next Vanilla Android Flagship Is Durable & Future-Proof : Tech : Yibada

Every Nexus and Android were born to be together. Leak of the century there lol. Quite sure it will not be 6.0, too. As always I'm excited for the new Nexus, but as always it'll be a little while until the more creditable leaks pour out. It's just click bait for now. Nexus 6 broke my yearly Nexus purchase since the NS. My N5 is still a beast though.

LuvMusic

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I'm a big Nexus fan and eagerly await the next iteration, however, that term "future-proof," one of the biggest marketing terms I've ever seen. Technology and consumer preferences change too quickly for a phone to be future-proof. If a device, or any technology for that matter, lasts 2-3 years and is still relevant, the designers and engineers have done a good job.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Article sounded like junk to me.

Red flags for me were:

resistant carbon fiber build - Don't see carbon fiber body happening.
5.3" FHD display - Original rumour suggested 5.2" and I'd be surprised if the display is FHD as opposed to QHD. I'd like FHD, but I think the trend is to move towards QHD now.
up to 128GB of internal memory - Yeah don't see that happening. Don't see it shipping with 128gb memory, nor expect it to have an SD card slot so it can have 'up to' 128gb memory.
a removable back plate - Don't see this happening.

I'm sure there's a possibility of all of that happening, but I don't think so. Would be a huge departure from what they've done in the past. Just sounds fake to me - someone making crap up for clicks. You can get away with click bait if you have an 'unnamed source close to Google'.

I'll wait for a more reputable site like Android Police or Android Central to post something.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Geek Snack and especially Yibida are two of the more unreliable sources for rumors IMO ... they simply take the same story and add a few changes just so they can appear on the first page of Google News

Posted via the Android Central App

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Article sounded like junk to me.

Red flags for me were:

resistant carbon fiber build - Don't see carbon fiber body happening.
5.3" FHD display - Original rumour suggested 5.2" and I'd be surprised if the display is FHD as opposed to QHD. I'd like FHD, but I think the trend is to move towards QHD now.
up to 128GB of internal memory - Yeah don't see that happening. Don't see it shipping with 128gb memory, nor expect it to have an SD card slot so it can have 'up to' 128gb memory.
a removable back plate - Don't see this happening.

I'm sure there's a possibility of all of that happening, but I don't think so. Would be a huge departure from what they've done in the past. Just sounds fake to me - someone making crap up for clicks. You can get away with click bait if you have an 'unnamed source close to Google'.

I'll wait for a more reputable site like Android Police or Android Central to post something.

Personally I don't see why a carbon fiber build wouldn't happen, and FHD is still considered pretty good at that size.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01