What are the chances the 2015 Nexus comes Snapdragon 820 processor and USB-C connector?

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Guessing we really will not know until they release the final specs... but currently I'd say I doubt the 820, most say the 808 (LG) and 810 (Huawei)... but they should have the USB-C connector.

egdonald

Sep 15, 2013
Visit site
Guessing we really will not know until they release the final specs... but currently I'd say I doubt the 820, most say the 808 (LG) and 810 (Huawei)... but they should have the USB-C connector.
Doubtful of a solid answer, but any possibility as to when Google might announce what they have planned for 2015? Or will we just need to sit and wait for the official word in September (September is when they generally announce phones in the past, right?)

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Doubtful of a solid answer, but any possibility as to when Google might announce what they have planned for 2015? Or will we just need to sit and wait for the official word in September (September is when they generally announce phones in the past, right?)

Until something is leaked by Google, LG or Huawei... IF LG and Huawei are the real makers. It's all just rumors right now. Google hasn't even made an official announcement as to who is really making the next Nexus... or the specs on any device yet.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
820 I doubt. IMO they're gonna try and keep it under $500 and that would be an obvious corner to cut. I also don't think it'll be ready/tested by then.

USB-C is a lock. They wouldn't have spent so much time taking about it at I/O with their custom built Nexus 5 ... they knew how that would be interpreted amongst Nexus fans.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Not a chance, that would mean the 820 would have to have already been RTM by now AND shipped for it to be inside phones that will release 4-5 months from now and are already being developed. Basically the only phones that have the latest CPU that isn't under throttling and overheating scrutiny for all of 2015 will be the S6 and the iPhone 6S. Phones with the 820 will be among the Spring 2016 launches.

Having said that, phones really haven't become any faster since late 2013. This is the old PC incremental upgrade game all over again translated into mobile. If you did a blind taste test of the S6 or the 6 Plus against any well made phone that came out 18 months earlier you wouldn't be able to see a difference with the human eye. I could comfortably pick up any moto X, M8, Xperia Z1/Z2 and not be able to tell if a 2015 android was running any faster without running benchmarks.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Well, according to the story on the main page, the Huawei Nexus comes with a 5.7" (I'm guessing it's most likely the Note 4 515 PPI) QHD screen, SD 820, and a fingerprint scanner (Huawei puts them on the back, below the camera). Add at least a 4,000 mAh battery and good speaker(s), as well as $599.99 for 64 GB, and I'm in.

Posted via the Android Central App

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
So all early "guesses" as to what the next Nexus where incorrect, or could be incorrect... not really surprising, but without something from the actual manufacturer or Google these new rumors are just more guesses at this point.

But I guess that is what a forum on Rumored Devices is all about... it's all just rumored at this time.

Personally, I'm still waiting for more information on the LG device... if all those rumors come true and if LG actually does make one.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I can indeed seeing it bringing a USB-C especially since it's a Nexus.

SD820, however depends if Qualcomm and Sammy can work together to ship the chipset early.. But probably is gonna have a 808 or 810 v2.1.

But then again depends on when it's released. Let's assume the next Nexus line somehow comes out in December 2015 and Qualcomm has SD820 ready for initial shipping on Early November, I could see it happening.

But my best bet is the 808, same as the conversation we had last year when people thought Nexus 6 would have a 810 instead of a 805.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Let's not overlook the fact that Huawei has its own line of SoC's, especially the rumored Kirin 950. If they really do want to make a big splash this side of the Pacific, debuting that processor in their own Nexus phone would be a wise move.

High-end Huawei Kirin 950 SoC spec sheet leaked

At this point, anything is better to me than the SD 810. If this processor of theirs is truly high-end, then I agree, Google should let them use it, provided that other aspects of the phone contribute to it being a quality (yet reasonably affordable phablet)

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL