For Reference with Regard to a Possible Huawei Nexus Phablet

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Last edited:

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
If only they made a third Nexus this year, the same size as the 6.8" P8max.

I have to admit, looking at it made me kinda drool, lol. I've had a Huawei MyTouch, and as far as speaker output, it was plenty loud enough. There was no way I missed getting a notification on it. So if the supposed Huawei Nexus comes with a Samsung supplied Note 4 5.7" screen, that finger print scanner, and either size of those batteries, I may just consider it.

Posted via the Android Central App

beaner b

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I really hope evleaks is wrong. I think that one tweet of his is the sole source of the rumoured huawei specs so far that everybody seems to accept.
a 6"+ screen would be the way to go here. the small hands people will have the lg to keep them relatively happy. and there's just not enough difference between 5.2 and 5.7, not to mention a bigger screen will most likely mean a bigger battery.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I really hope evleaks is wrong. I think that one tweet of his is the sole source of the rumoured huawei specs so far that everybody seems to accept.
a 6"+ screen would be the way to go here. the small hands people will have the lg to keep them relatively happy. and there's just not enough difference between 5.2 and 5.7, not to mention a bigger screen will most likely mean a bigger battery.

I can't imagine them doing another 6" device after how disappointing the Nexus 6 turned out.

Also, I don't equate big hands with big phones. If that were synonymous NBA players wouldn't use iPhones (prior to 6+) and my small hands wouldn't prefer larger devices.

Gunny94

Apr 16, 2015
Visit site
I can't imagine them doing another 6" device after how disappointing the Nexus 6 turned out.

Also, I don't equate big hands with big phones. If that were synonymous NBA players wouldn't use iPhones (prior to 6+) and my small hands wouldn't prefer larger devices.

Pretty much..

Plus, Google has noticed that people have been rising their voice about a phone like the Nexus 5. A revision of the Nexus 5 or a new phone like it and I would buy it in a heartbeat.

However... If it's in fact Huawei making the next Nexus phone, I might just eventually skip it all together (if it uses Kirin)

beaner b

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

disappointing? how? and for who, you?
or are you saying the sales numbers were disappointing?
I don’t believe Google ever released sales numbers for the N5 or the N6, so how would you even know if they sold more 5's than they did 6's.
but even if they did, I don’t know anyone who thinks that the purpose of the nexus line has been to sell volume. I mean does anyone really believe that Google actually thought they would sell more phones at 6” than they would at 5.2 or 5.5 or even 5.7??
they wanted to put out a 6” phablet, for whatever reason, and they did. they dropped the 7, which apparently sold well, and put out the 6 and the 9.
I have no idea what tablets, if any, are in the works but unless they’re going to do another 7” or something, I really don’t think it’s that hard to imagine them having Huawei make another 6" phone for them, especially if they’re hoping to release it in China (good luck with that one) and, like I was saying, if they’re also going to put out a smaller nexus (for the disappointed).

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
disappointing? how? and for who, you?
or are you saying the sales numbers were disappointing?
I don’t believe Google ever released sales numbers for the N5 or the N6, so how would you even know if they sold more 5's than they did 6's.
but even if they did, I don’t know anyone who thinks that the purpose of the nexus line has been to sell volume. I mean does anyone really believe that Google actually thought they would sell more phones at 6” than they would at 5.2 or 5.5 or even 5.7??
they wanted to put out a 6” phablet, for whatever reason, and they did. they dropped the 7, which apparently sold well, and put out the 6 and the 9.
I have no idea what tablets, if any, are in the works but unless they’re going to do another 7” or something, I really don’t think it’s that hard to imagine them having Huawei make another 6" phone for them, especially if they’re hoping to release it in China (good luck with that one) and, like I was saying, if they’re also going to put out a smaller nexus (for the disappointed).

a simple Google search would've answered your question, but sales numbers were disappointing, that's straight from Google ....

http://phandroid.com/2015/04/24/google-q1-2015/

beaner b

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
a simple Google search would've answered your question, but sales numbers were disappointing, that's straight from Google ....

http://phandroid.com/2015/04/24/google-q1-2015/

everyone knows profits were down on nexus devices from the year before (and actually Google has only attributed that fact to the success of the nexus 7, not the nexus 5, and not due to poor sales of the 6).
btw, you should actually try reading the article that you so simply posted the link to. and while you’re at it, try reading my post too.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
everyone knows profits were down on nexus devices from the year before (and actually Google has only attributed that fact to the success of the nexus 7, not the nexus 5, and not due to poor sales of the 6).
btw, you should actually try reading the article that you so simply posted the link to. and while you’re at it, try reading my post too.

read both chief, and responded to your snarky "for who, you?" comment ... if you read not only the article I attached, but the many others that discussed the Nexus 6's underwhelming sales numbers, you'd know that the odds of them making another 5.96" device are slim to none. I've literally seen 2 of them in the wild, and read on these forums and other sites how Nexus fan after Nexus fan passed on the 6 due to its size, specifically the width. If you choose to believe otherwise, you've simply not been paying attention or have trouble reading between the lines. If the do indeed release another $600 6" device I'll be the first person to admit I'm wrong, but I don't see Google making the same mistake twice. We'll see.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Google would be supremely stupid to again go with the pricing scheme they adopted for last year's Nexus. If indeed there are two coming this year. I see $349.99-399-99 for the LG Nexus, and $499.99-549.99 for the Huawei Nexus phablet.

I would think Google learned from the all around debacle that the launch of the Nexus 6 was early on, with its myriad of problems.

M120

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
way I see it google should have 2 nexus device In a perfect google should offer

the LG Nexus 5 2015 edition (comes in 32 or 64 GB options, priced at 349.99 for the 32 GB version and 399.99for the 64 GB)
the Huawei Nexus ( comes in 64 GB priced at 449.99 and the 128 GB option is priced at 499.99)

beaner b

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
read both chief, and responded to your snarky "for who, you?" comment ... if you read not only the article I attached, but the many others that discussed the Nexus 6's underwhelming sales numbers, you'd know that the odds of them making another 5.96" device are slim to none. I've literally seen 2 of them in the wild, and read on these forums and other sites how Nexus fan after Nexus fan passed on the 6 due to its size, specifically the width. If you choose to believe otherwise, you've simply not been paying attention or have trouble reading between the lines. If the do indeed release another $600 6" device I'll be the first person to admit I'm wrong, but I don't see Google making the same mistake twice. We'll see.

well I see you revised your lack of imagination. you went from not being able to imagine google selling another 6” phone to now it’s a $600 6” phone.
well at least I got you to read the article you suggested.
your repeated calling of nexus 6’s sales numbers (which again, do not exist) disappointing or underwhelming is kind of clownish, not to mention tiresome.
what’s also clownish -but at least enjoyable, was your citing the fact that you’ve only seen 2 in the wild (literally, no less) as evidence that it didn’t sell. that was excellent, thanks.
and these forums are absolutely crammed with people hating on large phones and phablets. for years! has that altered any of the manufactures’ size direction?
how many times did you read that someone passed on the Moto X 2014 because it was “too damn big”? or that Motorola blew it -they changed the one thing that everyone liked best: the perfect size. if I barfed every time I read that, I'd be inside out.
and I bet you said Motorola won’t make that mistake twice, didn’t you. well, how did that one work out?
so the odds are "slim to none" huh? ok, got it.

beaner b

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
Google would be supremely stupid to again go with the pricing scheme they adopted for last year's Nexus. If indeed there are two coming this year. I see $349.99-399-99 for the LG Nexus, and $499.99-549.99 for the Huawei Nexus phablet.

I would think Google learned from the all around debacle that the launch of the Nexus 6 was early on, with its myriad of problems.

I'm thinking 100 higher on the Huawei.
I'm wondering this year if they'll be launching both phones at the same time. mostly because if they're going to use the 820 for the phablet and it's not ready, might they launch it later, maybe even early next year? they do whatever the hell they want it seems.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm thinking 100 higher on the Huawei.
I'm wondering this year if they'll be launching both phones at the same time. mostly because if they're going to use the 820 for the phablet and it's not ready, might they launch it later, maybe even early next year? they do whatever the hell they want it seems.

I wonder the same, especially since I've been reading that devices like the Xperia Z5 is launching around IFA time in September, and that it also supposedly has the SD 820. Then again, I read that so does the HTC Aero and the G4 Pro.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
well I see you revised your lack of imagination. you went from not being able to imagine google selling another 6” phone to now it’s a $600 6” phone.
well at least I got you to read the article you suggested.
your repeated calling of nexus 6’s sales numbers (which again, do not exist) disappointing or underwhelming is kind of clownish, not to mention tiresome.
what’s also clownish -but at least enjoyable, was your citing the fact that you’ve only seen 2 in the wild (literally, no less) as evidence that it didn’t sell. that was excellent, thanks.
and these forums are absolutely crammed with people hating on large phones and phablets. for years! has that altered any of the manufactures’ size direction?
how many times did you read that someone passed on the Moto X 2014 because it was “too damn big”? or that Motorola blew it -they changed the one thing that everyone liked best: the perfect size. if I barfed every time I read that, I'd be inside out.
and I bet you said Motorola won’t make that mistake twice, didn’t you. well, how did that one work out?
so the odds are "slim to none" huh? ok, got it.

I give up. you're 100% right. the Nexus 6 and it's 5.96" display was a huge success, so much so that I'm sure they'll make another one priced the same and at the same size. and the sales numbers that can be found all over the internet via a simple Google search don't exist, I just made it all up. everybody else is wrong and your right. there ya go buddy, you win, hope that makes you happy!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang