The Nexus 2015 Thread

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
I am using the Nexus 5, and I still love this phone! Hope the new one will spot a 5.5 screen and 3GB of ram. Hope LG will manufacture the new phone, it's almost two years I own the 5 and never had a problem. Have to say that it's starting showing some "age" limitations.

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
If the flagship nexus can be what the Moto X Style is expected to be but with a slightly better battery and a fingerprint reader then I'm sold.

HiiPower

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
I am using the Nexus 5, and I still love this phone! Hope the new one will spot a 5.5 screen and 3GB of ram. Hope LG will manufacture the new phone, it's almost two years I own the 5 and never had a problem. Have to say that it's starting showing some "age" limitations.

How's your battery doin?

Posted via the Android Central App

Nof603

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
How's your battery doin?

This is what made me get rid of my N5 for the G4. My battery was draining even if I wasn't using it. The G4 has been a nice phone, but I'm anxiously waiting for the 2015 Nexus to come out so I can get back to the pure Android experience!

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Iam hoping that Google has a little more originality in naming these (2) rumored devices!!! Should be 7 and 8 but wait they can't use 7 its been taken twice pffft...... Iam thinking they should call them 8 and 11. Call the tablets (nexus tab. #1 so on and so on)...

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Iam hoping that Google has a little more originality in naming these (2) rumored devices!!! Should be 7 and 8 but wait they can't use 7 its been taken twice pffft...... Iam thinking they should call them 8 and 11. Call the tablets (nexus tab. #1 so on and so on)...

I never understood why people care what they call a phone. I think they'll go in a different direction since the numbers are running out, like moto did with play and style ... I really can care less though

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I never understood why people care what they call a phone. I think they'll go in a different direction since the numbers are running out, like moto did with play and style ... I really can care less though

Agree... just give us a real announcement about the devices... real specs, photos... they could call them Nexus M&Ms, I don't care.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
You can care less? You care at least a little bit then? ;)

It's likely going to be the Nexus 5 2015 and Nexus 6 2015 as far as the naming goes. Just as with the Nexus 7 2012 and 2013 editions.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

It's likely going to be the Nexus 5 2015 and Nexus 6 2015 as far as the naming goes. Just as with the Nexus 7 2012 and 2013 editions.

yeah whatever, lol ... we'll find out soon enough what they decide I guess!! I think they'll move away from the numbers though.

Last edited:

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site

It's my understanding the reason most people think LG will call it the Nexus 5 2015 is because they built the Nexus 5, and Motorola built the Nexus 6... so WHY would Huawei name their version the Nexus 6 2015?

landale

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I think Google is trying to keep the Nexus names sort of specific to the manufacturer so I agree LG making a Nexus 5 (2015) makes sense much like Asus with the Nexus 7 (2012) and (2013) models. I wouldn't be surprised if the Huawei is something like the Nexus 6H or maybe they finally start moving away from the number scheme completely as it's going to start being very limiting if they keep changing manufacturers year to year.

GTvert90

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
It's my understanding the reason most people think LG will call it the Nexus 5 2015 is because they built the Nexus 5, and Motorola built the Nexus 6... so WHY would Huawei name their version the Nexus 6 2015?
Because it's Google's phone they can name it whatever they want

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I think Google is trying to keep the Nexus names sort of specific to the manufacturer so I agree LG making a Nexus 5 (2015) makes sense much like Asus with the Nexus 7 (2012) and (2013) models. I wouldn't be surprised if the Huawei is something like the Nexus 6H or maybe they finally start moving away from the number scheme completely as it's going to start being very limiting if they keep changing manufacturers year to year.

What makes you think this?

It looks to me as though they have shown no interest in placing the manufacturer's own brands on the Nexus devices since the Galaxy Nexus way back in 2011. That was the odd one out.

I don't see why they'd ruin a perfectly good naming scheme for the sake of differentiating the manufacturer that made the device. The emphasis has always been on the device itself and the pure Android experience. Why would they dilute the brand and overly complicate things for no good reason? Not that it hasn't been done before by other companies, but it'd make no logical sense.

They should keep it to how it currently is with the devices names being based loosely on the screen size of the display. Nexus 10 was ~10 inches, Nexus 9 was ~9 inches, Nexus 7 was ~7 inches, Nexus 6 was ~6 inches, Nexus 5 was ~5 inches etc. They already found a way to differentiate between generations of the same sized device and that was simply to plonk the year at the end of the name of the device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1