From OnLeaks, Get Excited

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I just can't handle another disappointing release :(

This is my final hope for 2015, otherwise Apple will end up getting my money... which I absolutely dread

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Oh? Really? I'm gonna remember this the next time you have a grand mal seizure over the HTC "blaaaack bar." :p

lol, I have a major problem with that horrific black bar. that said, in no way, shape or form does it mean if the M9 ran stock and had a 3500+ battery I wouldn't be all over it.

fair point though and a tip of the cap!!

also, most of my comments regarding HTC were in regards to them surviving as a company. but yeah, I was disappointed when I realized the evleaks render wasn't happening. and the black bar gets under my skin.

1-0 you're winning though!!

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
lol, I have a major problem with that horrific black bar. that said, in no way, shape or form does it mean if the M9 ran stock and had a 3500+ battery I wouldn't be all over it.

fair point though and a tip of the cap!!

also, most of my comments regarding HTC were in regards to them surviving as a company. but yeah, I was disappointed when I realized the evleaks render wasn't happening. and the black bar gets under my skin.

1-0 you're winning though!!

I'm wondering if this new A9 or whatever it's gonna be called is gonna resemble those leaks you speak of. I remember those. Great looking phone.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if this new A9 or whatever it's gonna be called is gonna resemble those leaks you speak of. I remember those. Great looking phone.

it really was man ... I have no clue at this point. I guess it's the M10 or 02, something like that... I really don't know anymore.

but yeah, that render was sick. when it comes down to it, if I see a phone with a big battery that has stock, everything goes out the window, especially aesthetics, and is be all over it.

but since we're forced to compromise, other factors have to be taken into consideration. but I'm human, and that @evleaks render was sick. we had all just come off the Nexus 6, where so many of us were turned off by its size or price. and the M9 was the first flagship up in 2015, with the brand new 810 chip, a supposed improvement in camera, then that gorgeous render ....

we all know the rest of the story!!

seriously though, I've always had a soft spot for HTC, I've owned em and I think they have so much potential. for the life of me though, I just don't get that black bar. it's more functionality than aesthetics. it's just a useless waste of space, and it needs to go.

I'm not going into 2016 with my S4 and Nexus 4 though, that I can promise you. maybe one of em, but not both.

at the end of the day, stock trumps all, and I just love a simple, clean look and feel. I'll most likely grab the Hauwei version since I like the larger display. I'll get over the battery. whenever I'm typing I'm doing so with a smirk on my face, so this really isn't all that important at the end of the day!

but yeah, even if it's 3300 and only has 32 GB, although I'll be disappointed I'll replace my Nexus 4 with it. never had quick charge and even though I have some skepticism I do think M will be a big improvement.

my S4 will be replaced with either the Pure, LG Nexus (not if the 32/2700 is true, I simply need more storage for my usage on that phone), the Note 5, Turbo 2, or if we're in December and start hearing HTC rumors, I'll wait it out. time will tell

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Current phone is an HTC M8 running CyanogenMod.

Apple is ok, plenty battery life and nice and solid apps.

I have an iPad.

I do hate the restrictiveness of it but there are benefits too

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
it really was man ... I have no clue at this point. I guess it's the M10 or 02, something like that... I really don't know anymore.

but yeah, that render was sick. when it comes down to it, if I see a phone with a big battery that has stock, everything goes out the window, especially aesthetics, and is be all over it.

but since we're forced to compromise, other factors have to be taken into consideration. but I'm human, and that @evleaks render was sick. we had all just come off the Nexus 6, where so many of us were turned off by its size or price. and the M9 was the first flagship up in 2015, with the brand new 810 chip, a supposed improvement in camera, then that gorgeous render ....

we all know the rest of the story!!

seriously though, I've always had a soft spot for HTC, I've owned em and I think they have so much potential. for the life of me though, I just don't get that black bar. it's more functionality than aesthetics. it's just a useless waste of space, and it needs to go.

I'm not going into 2016 with my S4 and Nexus 4 though, that I can promise you. maybe one of em, but not both.

at the end of the day, stock trumps all, and I just love a simple, clean look and feel. I'll most likely grab the Hauwei version since I like the larger display. I'll get over the battery. whenever I'm typing I'm doing so with a smirk on my face, so this really isn't all that important at the end of the day!

but yeah, even if it's 3300 and only has 32 GB, although I'll be disappointed I'll replace my Nexus 4 with it. never had quick charge and even though I have some skepticism I do think M will be a big improvement.

my S4 will be replaced with either the Pure, LG Nexus (not if the 32/2700 is true, I simply need more storage for my usage on that phone), the Note 5, Turbo 2, or if we're in December and start hearing HTC rumors, I'll wait it out. time will tell

I've been an LG guy since the Optimus G on AT&T and been very pleased. And I'll say it again, the Nexus 5 was the best phone I've ever had. My wife however has been an HTC gal for a number of years. She loved her M7. Her M8 was plagued by WiFi/4g connectivity issues around late June. I talked her into upgrading to a G4 with me and she loves it. I've basically turned mind into a Nexus, so I'm also loving the phone. All that to say, when that final M9 design came out I can't stress how much my heart sank. The design is so tired, the bezel is huge and that black bar of atrocious.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I've been an LG guy since the Optimus G on AT&T and been very pleased. And I'll say it again, the Nexus 5 was the best phone I've ever had. My wife however has been an HTC gal for a number of years. She loved her M7. Her M8 was plagued by WiFi/4g connectivity issues around late June. I talked her into upgrading to a G4 with me and she loves it. I've basically turned mind into a Nexus, so I'm also loving the phone. All that to say, when that final M9 design came out I can't stress how much my heart sank. The design is so tired, the bezel is huge and that black bar of atrocious.

the Nexus 5 was the best Nexus to date IMO ... that plastic black matte finish is perfect.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Current phone is an HTC M8 running CyanogenMod.

Apple is ok, plenty battery life and nice and solid apps.

I have an iPad.

I do hate the restrictiveness of it but there are benefits too

I do get it. Everything being proprietary means everything works. I totally understand that. I just hate that everything I wanted to do meant I had to jailbreak the device. With Android, I can do whatever I want. And with the Google Now Launcher, I don't even have to root my device to get a stock experience.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm seriously considering just waiting til next year and grabbing the 2016 Moto X with the SD 820, or the year's Nexus.
I may be overreacting, though. I just don't know at this point.
Posted via the Android Central App

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I can't recall a recent Android phone that didn't have virtually all its specifications leaked before its official announcement.

Rumours are just rumours, but late stage rumours tend to be mostly true when coming from reliable sources, judging from history.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I have had G1 on day one and been with Android ever since. I been on these forums since the G1. Its the same story just a different year in these forums. I always tune into AC Forums around Nexus season with a bag popcorn and sit back to enjoy the show. TNT knows drama has never been AC Nexus forum.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It's more fun to watch people debate over speculation. Also it's priceless to read the "I give up on Google" posts because I am sorry but I think you will live.

Nexus never had a great camera or battery. being disappointed is one thing, but assuming next year things will suddenly change probably isn't realistic.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
The Nexus 5 battery was not good, but it still got me through the day. Using navigation for trips out of town hit the battery hard too. But I could say the same thing about the G4. It's a little better but I see the same issues. Unless you're on your phone all day, the battery is gonna get you through the day. I feel like all the complaining about the battery is a bit much but nerds gonna be nerds. I can't judge. There's not gonna be some huge leap in battery life of displays keep going the way they are.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I get being disappointed, but saying you're gonna wait until the same phone next year comes out, doesn't usually work out ... for instance, when the S6 came out so many people said they're not getting it cause of the glass and no removable battery, then stated they'll wait till next year and get the S7 ... usually doesn't work out that way.

Nexus never had a great camera or battery. being disappointed is one thing, but assuming next year things will suddenly change probably isn't realistic.

Especially Android is about options and not one manufacturer being the one stop for everything if your not happy with OEM A then least you have B, C, D and E to choose from. In the end with current state smartphones then may need be realistic like you said and settle for phone that most fits your need. Setting much better than cursing OEM X because in reality nothing going to change.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae