From OnLeaks, Get Excited

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Oh I see...

Yes, the iPhone 6+ has amazing battery life.

I have also found iOS to be more stable than Android... but it's mainly a battery life thing

That's cool I was just confused by your earlier statement. I think the 6 has good battery life compared to most Android phones as well the plus is even better.

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
That's cool I was just confused by your earlier statement. I think the 6 has good battery life compared to most Android phones as well the plus is even better.

I think that the Doze feature will probably be something Apple have been doing already. So I have high hopes for Marshmallow.

However, I still think as the phones get older and the software gets heavier the mAh's will prevail over optimization

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I think that the Doze feature will probably be something Apple have been doing already. So I have high hopes for Marshmallow.

However, I still think as the phones get older and the software gets heavier the mAh's will prevail over optimization

I wanted to touch on the issue you just raised. I'm very hopeful about Doze, as well. But, after my experience with my G2, I'm concerned about relying on software optimization. My G2 had amazing battery life for almost the first full year I had it, including an initial OS update. Then, Verizon pushed out a subsequent KitKat upgrade that trashed our battery life. That lasted for almost 3 months, until they sent out a further update that fixed that issue. So, again, I was lovin' my G2 and had amazing battery life. Then, last spring, Verizon pushed out the Lillipop upgrade. I did my research and knew there were major battery issues, among others, so held off as long as I could but, ultimately, after a couple months of me declining the upgrade every freakin' day it self-installed, and since then my once-loved phone has sucked big time, especially where the battery is concerned.

My fear is that, even if Doze (and perhaps other software features) make a 2700 mAh battery (in the LG Nexus) sufficient at the outset, there's always a chance that future OS updates/upgrades could negatively impact that. I know this could be the case no matter the battery size, but my thinking is that the larger the battery the less impact such an issue should, theoretically, have on day-to-day use.

I was very excited about the new Nexus 5, but the current rumors about battery size and limitations on internal storage capacity have seriously dampened my enthusiasm.

I'm interested in the specs of the Moto Pure, but I really don't want a 5.7" phablet.

Guess I'll just wait and see what the final actual specs of the Nexus are and figure it out from there.

#firstworldproblems. ;)

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Regarding Doze and standby..

What exactly is Apple doing so differently than Android to have such great standby times? Android only gets close with Doze and Apple is still better. And doze only kicks in when the phone is sitting on a table for awhile. iPhones have crazy standby times when you are carrying them around. Does Apple have some secret magical fairy dust they sprinkle or what? I know they are masters at optimizing software but is that really all it is?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

What exactly is Apple doing so differently than Android to have such great standby times? Android only gets close with Doze and Apple is still better. And doze only kicks in when the phone is sitting on a table for awhile. iPhones have crazy standby times when you are carrying them around. Does Apple have some secret magical fairy dust they sprinkle or what? I know they are masters at optimizing software but is that really all it is?

Google has so many more moving parts than Apple, so it's a lot more difficult. Apple has to worry about the iPhone, that's it. Android runs on a million different phones, so optimization is a monster task comparatively speaking.

alex98#AC

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

On iOS apps can't run in background. They can only use some very specific services like music playing, uploading data, ....
Basically, when your screen is off, the phone will go to IDLE and do nothing, apps are frozen and all notifications have to use push.

On Android, it's very common to see an app that keeps refreshing itself in background or send data to a server to see if there is some notifications when the screen is off.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site

You may already know this, but Greenify will help with applications running in the background, eating up ram and bogging down your phone.

robert7107

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
What about the USB type -C ? Will their be a need for a special cable to support faster charging of will the standard micro USB be OK...

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I don't think I should have to go through all this trouble since the update has been out for days but I'm considering now.

Anything anybody tells you is speculation. We won't know until it's announced.

Edit: wrong thread. Sorry. Quote was supposed to be the pervious post. My bad.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
What about the USB type -C ? Will their be a need for a special cable to support faster charging of will the standard micro USB be OK...

And there no special cable, you'll get what you'll get out of the box and everything else you've had will be obsolete, given that their changing format.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
just saw the Hauwei Mate 8 (the same phone that was rumored to have a 6" display and 4200 mAh battery just last month) went with a 5.5" 1080p display and 2700 mAh battery. this from a company known for battery size.

either the jokes on us and every OEM already knows M will run with extreme optimization and efficiency, or we're screwed.

seems like lenovo/moto is the only company interested in larger batteries, and even they skimped out on those of us on American soil.

Last edited:

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
just saw the Hauwei Mate 8 (the same phone that was rumored to have a 6" display and 4200 mAh battery just last month) went with a 5.5" 1080p display and 2700 mAh battery. this from a company known for battery size.

either the jokes on us and every OEM already knows M will run with extreme optimization and efficiency, or we're screwed.

seems like lenovo/moto is the only company interested in larger batteries, and even they skimped out on those of us on American soil.

I seriously think these companies are screwing with us now.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I know right?! 2700 on 5.5" from Hauwei of all companies? I've been saying stock and battery are what's important to me. I'm just gonna have to forget about battery at this point. if and when we finally get it, great, but I'm done banging my head against the wall.

3000 mAh, if nothing else but out of spite is the lowest I'll go, but I'm done with it.

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site
Everyone is singing Doze's praises on here, but was standby time anyone's concern before you got sold Doze? Screen on time is what drains your battery, not standby. I've never heard anyone complain about how much their phone goes down when they aren't using it(aside from people with some battery draining app/service/process). My phone already lasts a long time if I'm not turning it on. I could really care less if it lasts 24, 48, or 72 hours while it's on standby, because it will never be off for that long. I mean, if you get five days of standby but only three hours of screen time, what did you gain? It's the using the phone that runs it down, not sitting while it's off. And I haven't heard anything that leads me to believe screen time will increase at all. Hope my concerns prove unfounded.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes