These could be the specs for LG Nexus (2015)

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Nexus doesn't need more than 3gb ram to work well with stock ui. As for the camera, that fruit product has a low mp camera and does ok. I'd wait to see reviews first before dismissing it.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I guess what really strikes me about this image of the specs is that anyone could have created it... it says right at the top, in English, that it's the "LG Nexus5 2015" and then some Korean writing. It seems to be specifically written to the US market. Maybe the Korean language doesn't have Korean words for the LG company, or Nexus5, but I can NOT believe they don't have a symbol for the year 2015. And not really having the full specs.... battery, or what type of screen except to say it was 5.2" and 2K resolution... sounds very vague.

Personally, I have been dealing with may sub-standard cameras, and to just say a 13 megapixel camera is sub-standard... it doesn't have to be a 20 megapixel camera to be great... I'd be very happy with 13 megapixel camera if it took GOOD pictures over a 20 megapixel that took so/so pictures.

Also, I'm not sure how reliable any stories are that come from the "Android Authority" website... what is their track record on early spec reports?

alex98#AC

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I guess what really strikes me about this image of the specs is that anyone could have created it... it says right at the top, in English, that it's the "LG Nexus5 2015" and then some Korean writing. It seems to be specifically written to the US market. Maybe the Korean language doesn't have Korean words for the LG company, or Nexus5, but I can NOT believe they don't have a symbol for the year 2015. And not really having the full specs.... battery, or what type of screen except to say it was 5.2" and 2K resolution... sounds very vague.

Personally, I have been dealing with may sub-standard cameras, and to just say a 13 megapixel camera is sub-standard... it doesn't have to be a 20 megapixel camera to be great... I'd be very happy with 13 megapixel camera if it took GOOD pictures over a 20 megapixel that took so/so pictures.

Also, I'm not sure how reliable any stories are that come from the "Android Authority" website... what is their track record on early spec reports?
I agree with you that a good camera doesn't have to be 16 or 20 Mpx to be good. In fact less pixels can be a better choice if it actually means bigger cells (as far as the image is sufficiently defined).

But an IMX278 use cells of 1.12 μm wich is too small in regards of actual standards (a IMX 240 1.2 μm despite the 16Mpx).

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
A 13MP camera should be good enough in terms of picture size for capturing details. Wasn't the Motorola Nexus 6's camera 13MP? As long as the camera isn't any worse than that, the Nexus is still at the top of my list.

Sent using Tapatalk

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
A 13MP camera should be good enough in terms of picture size for capturing details. Wasn't the Motorola Nexus 6's camera 13MP? As long as the camera isn't any worse than that, the Nexus is still at the top of my list.

Sent using Tapatalk

13mp is plenty, especially for a cell phone. Keep in mind the iPhone 6 has 8mp and is considered one of the best. most complaints about cell cameras are actually about the software, not the hardware (but not everyone realizes this).

alex98#AC

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
13mp is plenty, especially for a cell phone. Keep in mind the iPhone 6 has 8mp and is considered one of the best. most complaints about cell cameras are actually about the software, not the hardware (but not everyone realizes this).
The example of the iPhone 6 is in line with my previous argument.
Its APN uses cells of 1.5 μm wich is incredibly big for a smartphone and lead to very good details and low light performance, despite the fact that it's only a f/2.2.

Smallers are the cells and less light you will catch resulting in poor details in good light and bad low light performances. Software will not help that much a phone with too small photocytes.

In the case of the IMX278, the only hope is that the RGBW matrix does a good job.

alex98#AC

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site

Sent using Tapatalk
Considering the specs of the IMX278, it seems to be an enhanced IMX214 with a newer RGBW matrix (instead of the good old bayer matrix) so I will assume that photos will be better on the LG Nexus 5 2015, especially in low light conditions.

But the Nexus 6 wasn't very good for an high-end smartphone.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Considering the specs of the IMX278, it seems to be an enhanced IMX214 with a newer RGBW matrix (instead of the good old bayer matrix) so I will assume that photos will be better on the LG Nexus 5 2015, especially in low light conditions.

But the Nexus 6 wasn't very good for an high-end smartphone.

It wasn't spectacular, but if the price of the 2015 Nexus 5 is a lot lower, I won't mind a camera that takes similar photos. I've seen some really good shots from the Nexus 6. Specs have reached the point where I would consider some things too high end.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
The example of the iPhone 6 is in line with my previous argument.
Its APN uses cells of 1.5 μm wich is incredibly big for a smartphone and lead to very good details and low light performance, despite the fact that it's only a f/2.2.

Smallers are the cells and less light you will catch resulting in poor details in good light and bad low light performances. Software will not help that much a phone with too small photocytes.

In the case of the IMX278, the only hope is that the RGBW matrix does a good job.

I understand what you are saying. I guess my point was just that many people see cameras like the Nexus 6 and say it's bad and then follow up with how it needs more MP. No, it needs better software.

alex98#AC

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It wasn't spectacular, but if the price of the 2015 Nexus 5 is a lot lower, I won't mind a camera that takes similar photos. I've seen some really good shots from the Nexus 6. Specs have reached the point where I would consider some things too high end.
Yes but actually, the IMX214 (wich is found in the Nexus 6) is what is using in most of the low-end chinese smartphones. So for a phone that will cost around 400$, I think we can expect better specs than phones that cost two time less.

alex98#AC

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I understand what you are saying. I guess my point was just that many people see cameras like the Nexus 6 and say it's bad and then follow up with how it needs more MP. No, it needs better software.
Yeah, that's right. It's very common to see people jumping to the conclusion that "if it has more pixels, it is better" when in fact it's not necessarily the case.

And yes, sometimes (often in fact), software play a big role in photo's quality. The Xperias for example have suffer for a long time from a very bad auto-mode and insane jpeg compression despite good specs.
But for the Nexus 6, the subpar performances (relatively to others high-end phablets like iPhone 6 plus or Note 4) are likely due to an inferior sensor.

jackdubl

Apr 18, 2013
Visit site

And while we're at it, how come the company uses the English letters "LG" as their official logo? They are a Korean company, are they not, so their symbol should not be written with English characters. You should send them an email, fatboy97. In fact, based on that I'm not confident this is a real company.

By the way, if you go look up their company name, there are Korean symbols for "LG", but they don't use them in the US for some strange reason. They are just hung up on using English, don't know why.

Mitchell Giles

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I lived in korea for 2 years and speak korean near fluently. The characters on that page are not the korean alphabet but Chinese characters.
Also while in korea I never saw LG written in korean. And both LG and Samsung use English in the marketing in Korea.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith