UPDATED: Announcement on September 29th. Pre-Order on October 13th?

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I am seeing some reports that both the LG and Huawei units will be out on Sept 29th.
If true, that is over a month earlier than the last one.
Pretty cool.
Of course, it is currently just a rumor, so I council patience.

Mav. :cool:

UPDATE: Release info on 09/29.

Last edited:

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
Re: RUMOR: Release for both Nexi on September 29th?

I am seeing some reports that both the LG and Huawei units will be out on Sept 29th.
Pretty cool.

I hope so. Both phones have been seen in the wild nearly finished. And Marshmallow is being finalized too. It has officially been two weeks since the final preview, so if we get some news this week I'll be ecstatic. The Nexus 6 was announced 2 weeks after Lollipop's final preview. Come on Google!

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Pretty cool.

I hope you're right. I've read about the LG version possibly being released on the 29rh, but not the Hauwei.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I hope so. Both phones have been seen in the wild nearly finished. And Marshmallow is being finalized too. It has officially been two weeks since the final preview, so if we get some news this week I'll be ecstatic. The Nexus 6 was announced 2 weeks after Lollipop's final preview. Come on Google!

I saw the LG version, at least the back of it, but wasn't the Hauwei Nexus just a render from the blueprints?

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
RUMOR: Release for both Nexi on September 29th?

I saw the LG version, at least the back of it, but wasn't the Hauwei Nexus just a render from the blueprints?

There was a leak of the whole phone, back and front. Not the 3D print from the guy on YouTube. Or was the community saying this is a render? I missed some of the discussion.
07ddc897b941228c7a36e79693661cd4.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

There was a leak of the whole phone, back and front. Not the 3D print from the guy on YouTube. Or was the community saying this is a render? I missed some of the discussion. //images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/01/07ddc897b941228c7a36e79693661cd4.jpg

Sent using Tapatalk

It was labeled as "potentially fake".

https://plus.google.com/+JediBurrell/posts/hD9TaaoBENn

Onleaks only supported the pictures because they went along with how his renders looked, but has no idea where they came from. Pretty sure he said somewhere his leak "verified" the leaks, but seeing as his leaks are pretty much all schematics, I took it with a grain of salt.

If the Huawei comes out later, and I am allowed to live in a fantasy world, maybe it will come out Q1 2016 and comes with the 820. I'd wait for that.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

It was labeled as "potentially fake".

https://plus.google.com/+JediBurrell/posts/hD9TaaoBENn

Onleaks only supported the pictures because they went along with how his renders looked, but has no idea where they came from. Pretty sure he said somewhere his leak "verified" the leaks, but seeing as his leaks are pretty much all schematics, I took it with a grain of salt.

I saw this post, and I think the points were somewhat valid, but I still think this is the phone we're gonna get. Even if it's not an official prototype, it's probably gonna look like this.

Sent using Tapatalk

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

There was a leak of the whole phone, back and front. Not the 3D print from the guy on YouTube. Or was the community saying this is a render?

More like everyone's praying it's a render or a fake. I dunno though. It looks too flatout dorky to be a fake. I mean, why would anyone bother?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Possible confirmation of the goofy Cyclops-visor design:

Huawei Nexus 6 Case Images Leak And Confirm Its Design | Androidheadlines.com

Okay, yeah, it's from Android Headlines, but that doesn't always mean it's BS.

personally I love the front design, simple with no branding. I'll have a case on it so I'm not concerned about the rear design. I'm just worried about battery, right now that's all I care about.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Getting my pitchfork ready if this phone isn't in my hands by the first week of October!

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

rumors/leaks started earlier this year though, and who knows when they'll actually ship, but I definitely feel it's safe to assume they'll come earlier this year.

don't hold me to it, but I thought I read something last month that showed the release dates over the years, and one was earlier than the next.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

rumors/leaks started earlier this year though, and who knows when they'll actually ship, but I definitely feel it's safe to assume they'll come earlier this year.

don't hold me to it, but I thought I read something last month that showed the release dates over the years, and one was earlier than the next.

Yeah that was my post, it has moved over 3 months back since the first Nexus.

there's 0 chance you'll have 1 in your hand week 1 October ... 0 ... and if you do I'll take that pitch fork and rob you!

I'd say October 7th is a decent chance I'll have one. I'm keeping the faith!

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Yeah that was my post, it has moved over 3 months back since the first Nexus.

I'd say October 7th is a decent chance I'll have one. I'm keeping the faith!

that post was helpful, thank you ... I put your right my man! I'm typing on my S4 right now and losing patience by the day.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

I just hope they give us enough time to get to our computers before the pre-orders start. Hopefully there's an event to show them off and pre-orders after.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I just hope they give us enough time to get to our computers before the pre-orders start. Hopefully there's an event to show them off and pre-orders after.

it's a free for all, total **** show ... I hope this year is different. but if you want one day 1, be prepared to be on the second (and I mean that literally) it goes on sale.

what's frustrating is you'll have it in the shopping cart, go to check out and it'll disappear. or you'll have to hit F5 literally 400-500 times.

best advice I can give, use your desktop or laptop to order. place it as fast as possible, and if it doesn't go through, DON'T WAIT FOR SOMETHING TO HAPPEN. just order it again ... and again ... and again.

also, be here cause surely something will go wrong and somebody will have a work around and will share it with us.

personally, I'm not dealing with that aggravation anymore, not for the LG version. of the Hauwei version gets me more excited than I'll be right there with you!

good luck

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance