I won't buy the Nexus 2015 if _____________

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Finish the sentence in the Subject and specify which model you are referring to.

I won't buy the Nexus 5 2015 if it starts at $499 or above.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Finish the sentence in the Subject and specify which model you are referring to.

So it can be the best phone of the year, but if it costs less than the normal price of a flagship, that's a deal breaker?

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

I won't buy the LG Nexus if:
  1. it starts at $399 for 16GB
  2. it doesn't have a metal frame (I'll look at the Huawei instead)
  3. the battery is smaller than 2800 mAh
I won't buy the Huawei Nexus if:
  1. it starts at anything over $499 for 16GB
  2. the battery is smaller than 3200 mAh
I may be willing to work with some of these, but for the most part I think I'm easy to please. Google still needs to put forth their best effort.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I won't buy either if Verizon doesn't offer it on contract.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Why do people want Huawei and LG to cut their own throat on phone prices? If you want world class specs why wouldn't you be willing to pay for them? Google subsidized the Nexus 4 and 5 and Moto is subsidizing the Moto X lineup. Those prices aren't/weren't normal. We need to keep in mind that we want OEM's to keep pushing the envelope, not cut every corner possible to make a cheap device. There are PLENTY of crappy knockoff devices that you can buy for extremely cheap - and they come with all the associated tradeoffs. Personally I want LG & Huawei to kick out the best device they can and charge customers a reasonable price for it - one that makes it attractive against other flagships and still makes them a buck so that they have a reason to sell/support it.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
lol, let me find you a Verizon Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime Toro.
Since I pay the same monthly premium on my unlimited data plan, regardless of on contract or not, personally I see no reason to pay more for off contract. Of course everyone's situation is different. Just speaking for myself.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
Why do people want Huawei and LG to cut their own throat on phone prices? If you want world class specs why wouldn't you be willing to pay for them? Google subsidized the Nexus 4 and 5 and Moto is subsidizing the Moto X lineup. Those prices aren't/weren't normal. We need to keep in mind that we want OEM's to keep pushing the envelope, not cut every corner possible to make a cheap device. There are PLENTY of crappy knockoff devices that you can buy for extremely cheap - and they come with all the associated tradeoffs. Personally I want LG & Huawei to kick out the best device they can and charge customers a reasonable price for it - one that makes it attractive against other flagships and still makes them a buck so that they have a reason to sell/support it.

Well considering other manufacturers are doing it at less than my price point ($499 for 16gb version) I don't think it's too much to ask for a nice phone for under $500. Look at the idol 3, zenfone 2, moto x etc... Yes they aren't THE best but they are great phones and cost less than my entry point.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Well considering other manufacturers are doing it at less than my price point ($499 for 16gb version) I don't think it's too much to ask for a nice phone for under $500. Look at the idol 3, zenfone 2, moto x etc... Yes they aren't THE best but they are great phones and cost less than my entry point.

I get your point, I'm just not interested in a mid-range spec'd Nexus just to hit a price point. Now, I think that you are pretty close on what the price will be, somewhere in the $400-500 range - I'm just of the opinion that if they rock the specs and make a device that's truly better than the competition, asking for the same price as or more than the competition is justified. Price really isn't a point of contention for me; the quality of the device is what it is all about.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
You can get a Verizon g4 for $400 ar.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I will not buy the Nexus 2015 (either version) if they have an SD Card slot.
I will not buy the Nexus 2015 (either version) if the camera is totally garbage.
I will not buy the Nexus 2015 (either version) if the battery won't EASILY last all day.
I will not buy the Nexus 2015 (either version) if the build quality sucks or it is ugly as hell.
I will not buy the Nexus 2015 (either version) if the performance doesn't exceed the Nexus 6.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I get your point, I'm just not interested in a mid-range spec'd Nexus just to hit a price point. Now, I think that you are pretty close on what the price will be, somewhere in the $400-500 range - I'm just of the opinion that if they rock the specs and make a device that's truly better than the competition, asking for the same price as or more than the competition is justified. Price really isn't a point of contention for me; the quality of the device is what it is all about.

I think I should clarify my comments. My price point is based on the leaks I've heard about the new Nexus 5. I would be first in line to spend top $ on a premium Nexus with top of the line everything and I would love if they went this route. The leaked specs look decent but I don't think they are top of the line so I'd be disappointed if it was above $500 to start. The sad thing is I don't really even know which specs I'm not happy with haha. It just seems they are going middle of the road again.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

I can't speak for everyone, but I don't want world class specs. I'm not interested in a QHD display or a 20 megapixel camera. Not for a Nexus phone. The only spec I want to see that's "world class" is the battery.

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I won't buy the Nexus 2015 if SOT on average is 2 1/2 hours or less (like my Nexus 5). Heck, it needs to be at least 3 1/2 hours like the Nexus 6. Though, 4 hours would be ideal.

I won't buy the Nexus 2015 if it's priced like other high-end flagships. Sorry, but the big part of the Nexus appeal for me were the the relatively low prices (see Nexus 4 & 5). Oh, and there is a Nextbit phone named Robin that has nearly identical specs and it's priced at $399. So yeah, I expect $349 for 16 GB and $ 399 for 32 GB.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

totally agree, but then again, I'm 36 and financially stable. if I was in college taking bong hits I'd probably feel differently

but yeah, I'm not asking or expecting a hand out. you get what you pay for, and for what I'm asking of Google, I expect it to be priced slightly higher than the Moto Pure, maybe a touch higher.

don't underestimate Fi though. it's in Google's best interest to get these in as many hands as possible, and even though they might take a hit up front, they'll recoup it on the back end.

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
I won't buy the LG Nexus 2015 if it has a worse camera as well as worse battery life compared to my Moto X Play. I'm already expecting the latter but could be willing to forgive that providing the camera thoroughly destroys the Moto X Play in both low light and well lit conditions.

@assasin droid - don't you mean you won't buy one if it lacks an SD card slot? Otherwise you're the first person I've ever come across to boycott a device because it has that functionality. If that is indeed the case, may I ask why?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I won't buy the LG version if: M battery optimization didn't live up to the hype AND
it has less than 3000 mAh

I won't buy the Hauwei version if: same as above, but with 3500 mAh

point is, if battery optimization finally becomes a reality, mAh isn't as important. sometimes there's no replacement for raw power, and of M doesn't have the optimization that it's promising, a larger battery will be needed

USB-C 2.0 and only 32 GB would also be disappointing, but not necessarily a deal breaker. same with front speakers and quick charge. I expect both, but if they pull the rug out, I'd be disappointed.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I won't buy the LG Nexus 2015 if it has a worse camera as well as worse battery life compared to my Moto X Play. I'm already expecting the latter but could be willing to forgive that providing the camera thoroughly destroys the Moto X Play in both low light and well lit conditions.

@assasin droid - don't you mean you won't buy one if it lacks an SD card slot? Otherwise you're the first person I've ever come across to bit but a device because it has that functionality. If that is indeed the case, may I ask why?

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

that'll be interesting to see. what if it's on par, what would you do then?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs