3 new Nexus? Yeah, right. This needs extra salt.....

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It has been a lot quieter this year. I remember we knew pretty much what we were getting ( 2 phones, smaller by LG, larger by Huawei) by May.

Its really annoying because I cant decide if I should go for the HTC 10 or wait for the HTC nexus..
and if I wait, and HTC ends up making the cheaper plastic version, I'll be really pissed off.

Do you need a phone before, say, October? If so, then go with the HTC 10. If you can wait several months, might as well see what Nexus has to offer.

scuz

Jun 3, 2015
Visit site
Do you need a phone before, say, October? If so, then go with the HTC 10. If you can wait several months, might as well see what Nexus has to offer.

I have the S6.. I can wait. but I want to move back to HTC or Nexus..
Waiting is always tricky. If I wait till end Oct or Nov, the HTC 11 will be 3-4 months away.

Its a never ending cycle...

I guess I'll wait...

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I just hope that one if these new Nexus phones doesn't have front-facing stereo speakers.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If there are three phones I'd almost want three different devices, different designs and approaches. Having multiple sizes that only vary in specs is good for people like me that prefer the 2014/2015 design language, but kinda boring. Having a Nexus that looks like an HTC 10 and another that looks like a 6P and another that looks like something else would be fun, though I'd be most inclined to get the 6P looking one all other factors being equal.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I have the S6.. I can wait. but I want to move back to HTC or Nexus..
Waiting is always tricky. If I wait till end Oct or Nov, the HTC 11 will be 3-4 months away.

Its a never ending cycle...

I guess I'll wait...
That happens no matter what. My thinking on this is to pull the trigger on the first thing that sings to you. HTC could also do an A9 successor in the Nexus time frame, not sure.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Three devices with different screen sizes--5", 5.5" and 5.9"--would be ideal, but my pants'll need professional cleaning if a plus-plus-sized Nexus ever waddles into view again. Which will be OK by me; I got plenty of pants.

swebb

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I just hope that one if these new Nexus phones doesn't have front-facing stereo speakers.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Just curious why you don't want front facing speakers? Wanting smaller bezels? I'm liking the front facing speakers on my Moto XPE. The design doesn't make the bezels that much bigger. It would be nice if the speakers could be like the N9. On the very edge of the front, but still firing up.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Just curious why you don't want front facing speakers? Wanting smaller bezels? I'm liking the front facing speakers on my Moto XPE. The design doesn't make the bezels that much bigger. It would be nice if the speakers could be like the N9. On the very edge of the front, but still firing up.

I'm all for a front-firing speaker - that's my preference. What I don't subscribe to is the notion that for a phone to have a good design, the speakers must be dual/stereo to be good.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakhikumari800000