First live pictures of 2016 Pixel leaks

j_grouchy

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: First live pictures of 2016 Nexus leaks

Yep. Looks like a smartphone.
That's about all I can say, really. Never understood why folks would have a strong feeling about any particular phone's design...unless we're talking weird colors.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Yep. Looks like a smartphone.
That's about all I can say, really. Never understood why folks would have a strong feeling about any particular phone's design...unless we're talking weird colors.

Some people like nicely designed phones - myself included.

Rather an aesthetically pleasing designed phone than an ugly one.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

They need to shrink those top and bottom bezels since they aren't using front facing speakers.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

They need to shrink those top and bottom bezels since they aren't using front facing speakers.

And make the battery capacity smaller.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site

I know that bottom bezel especially is not good, but I'm still buying. I've always considered/bought a Nexus for the software. Within reason of course. Seeing that bezel makes me think that might be my limit. I don't know if I could deal with an uglier phone.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

These look a lot like the renders that Android Police released a while back, what with the big glass panel on the back. Looks a bit like a Nexus 4, actually, with the weird edges.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

And make the battery capacity smaller.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

That wouldn't make the battery smaller. HTC is so awful with design, why can others do it yet HTC can't? Others also put much larger batteries in their devices. That is a lame excuse for those bezels.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

I wonder how similar that frame is to the HTC One A9.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

So where do you move the stuff that's behind that bezel?

This is the dream, right? lol. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-_HIPMzZKA...UyTLT_vuAbs/s1600/aquos-crystal-660x379+2.jpg
lol no thanks.

I think the bezel discussion us a little over the top. No bezels would absolutely be worse than large bezels.

I mean is this what we've come to with nit picking? We're not concerned about the screen or performance or features or camera, we're concerned about the chin at the bottom of the phone?

It's not really a concern for me. If it were so big that it hindered usage then I'd be upset, but as it is, I'm not concerned.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

lol no thanks.

I think the bezel discussion us a little over the top. No bezels would absolutely be worse than large bezels.

I mean is this what we've come to with nit picking? We're not concerned about the screen or performance or features or camera, we're concerned about the chin at the bottom of the phone?

It's not really a concern for me. If it were so big that it hindered usage then I'd be upset, but as it is, I'm not concerned.

I agree 100%.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

I wonder how similar that frame is to the HTC One A9.
Looks like you were spot on:
handmedown2.gif

Article from Android Police: http://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...ve-a-recycled-design-but-does-it-even-matter/

Some good points there regarding the 'recycled' design, and does it even matter in the big scheme of things. Seems like the physical dimensions of the body are the same, but there's a lot that's different. Even moving the camera round to a different spot means a rework internally.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

So those other companies like Samsung, LG, etc can do it but HTC can't? Once again just shows HTC is poor with design. And no, ideally something like the nexus 6, or original moto x (since they dropped front facing speakers with this device)

Small bezels =/= good design.

There's more to design than screen to body ratio, and HTC have been at the forefront of Android in terms of aesthetic design. Small bezels is just an engineering feat - one that I don't think the general public care much for.

If reducing the bottom bezel meant a smaller battery, then I wouldn't agree with shaving off the bezel. I can put up with a larger bezel if it meant larger battery.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

If reducing the bottom bezel meant a smaller battery, then I wouldn't agree with shaving off the bezel. I can put up with a larger bezel if it meant larger battery.
Fair enough, but that move really doesn't do the exterior face of the phone any favors. That freakin' big bottom chin full of nothing but glossy whateveritis just screams, "Missed Opportunity!" Especially for a line that has been sporting dual front-facing speakers for a couple of years now.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site

I look at it the same as TV's. Cheap brands with inferior hardware generally still have large bezels because it is just easier and cheaper to make. Well engineered and higher end sets have small to non existent bezels. I'm sure it is possible to still find a very high quality TV with large bezels, but that is not the norm. They look old and cheap, that's just the truth.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

I like it. Nothing at all wrong with the bezel size. If the Marlin looks similar I'm getting it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37