What rumors are Jerry referring to in this week's blog post?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Android 7.0 is also just the beginning. There are rumors flying around and we have things we're bursting to be able to talk about (soon, Alex). If even half of them are true we'll see Android itself move forward in a different way than we're used to and Google caring more about its own customers than ever before. Both awesome things that fit well with the tightening of Android itself.

Android and chill | Android Central
Google (not nexus) phones? Something else?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Think it's just a generic reference to all the MR1, Nexus/Google Phone rumors, Allo, release dates, etc, etc.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like back in the day, DROID (V20) launches 2.0 Eclair (7.0) while the Nexus One (Google 2016) launches 2.1 Eclair (7.0MR-1/7.1).

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
ya51dl.jpg

We have to wade through and sort the good from the crap. Half of the things you hear are just total nonsense, half of the rest is Google trolling, and the best stuff nobody can talk about until it happens even if they have it sitting in their inbox from official people who say official things.

Or in a box from <redacted> (just fookin with ya. I don't have anything cool in any boxes lol)

When I think I have something solid, I try to get a word or two from the people involved. If they don't comment, I roll with it once I'm sure. I imagine everyone blogging has a similar way of doing things. The Snapdragon 800 thing is a good example. Google and Sony don't want to or can't tell me anything. But I know it's true, just trust me I know (part of doing my job). I also know there is pressure to try and change it. At that point, I need to say it out loud so we all can make noise and let everyone know to put more pressure on it. :)

protip: Pay attention when rumors fly around. The people who aren't talking already know and will be the first people with all the official details.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, but the title of this thread hurts like white hot screwdrivers in my friggin' eyes! The verb has to be "is" to agree with "Jerry" as the subject. "Rumors" (the object) is only in front of the verb cuz the crap that's arranged S-V-O in sentences gets flipped around when you turn sentences into questions.

OK. I feel better now. So you're sayin' that the new Google phones are shaped like what, now?! I didn't even think unicorns had those.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, but the title of this thread hurts like white hot screwdrivers in my friggin' eyes! The verb has to be "is" to agree with "Jerry" as the subject. "Rumors" (the object) is only in front of the verb cuz the crap that's arranged S-V-O in sentences gets flipped around when you turn sentences into questions.

OK. I feel better now. So you're sayin' that the new Google phones are shaped like what, now?! I didn't even think unicorns had those.
Thanks. I went back and forth. Probably should have asked my wife.

tdizzel

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site

Actually, the title is grammatically correct. "Jerry" is the subject, "referring" is the main verb, and "rumors" is the object. The non action verb should agree with the object in this case, which it does. If the sentence was written in SVO order, it would be Jerry is referring(which is where is would come in, as a helping verb) to rumors, what are they? If your suggestion was used, the SVO sentence would be Jerry is referring to rumors, what is they? That would be incorrect.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Actually, the title is grammatically correct. "Jerry" is the subject, "referring" is the main verb, and "rumors" is the object. The non action verb should agree with the object in this case, which it does. If the sentence was written in SVO order, it would be Jerry is referring(which is where is would come in, as a helping verb) to rumors, what are they? If your suggestion was used, the SVO sentence would be Jerry is referring to rumors, what is they? That would be incorrect.

I love when people like you own grammar nazis. I can't like your comment twice, or I would.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Damn, thanks

Old Stoneface

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
<Grammar Nazi>
It's worse than that. It should, more correctly, read: "To what rumours is Jerry referring in this week's blog post?"
</Grammar Nazi>

:)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc