Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

Wait 'n see. There are already third party Qi compatible charging platforms out there (Eveready Energizer? I can't remember). Someone will likely undercut Google with a similar tilted stand/charger thingie that operates the same,... or better. I don't think Google is going to have the corner on Qi chargers for the N4, or even the most economical.

Christmas is coming. Santa surely has Qi chargers in his bag o' toys.
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 11-15-2012 at 07:17 PM.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Quote Originally Posted by shashankmittal View Post
    The other thing is that a branded corded wall charger from LG (or any other brand) costs about $30 (including the chinese ones sold by AT&T, VZW etc), so $20 extra for the added wireless convenience isn't too bad. It's a luxury not a necessity, so there is certainly a customer base for it.
    The third thing is that we've already got 2 chargers by the bed, one at work, one in the car, a spare wire for downstairs plugged into the Xbox etc. So we're leaving the N4 charger (and headphones) wrapped in the box so that we'll get maximum price for it later, aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Murkle View Post
    The third thing is that we've already got 2 chargers by the bed, one at work, one in the car, a spare wire for downstairs plugged into the Xbox etc. So we're leaving the N4 charger (and headphones) wrapped in the box so that we'll get maximum price for it later, aren't we?
    You will be leaving the headphones for much later for sure...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Murkle View Post
    ... So we're leaving the N4 charger (and headphones) wrapped in the box so that we'll get maximum price for it later, aren't we?
    Uh. What headphones? :rolleyes:
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Oh wow! Just realised there's no headphones, oh well. No worries, I wasn't planning to use them!

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Prodigy View Post
    Check ebay, less than $3.00 for a cord charger that will work as well as the branded versions.
    Science or you're wrong.

Charger test here:

With that being said, I buy Palm Pre chargers on Amazon for not much, and they're good quality.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish.
    Thanked by:
    ChromeJob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hodan View Post
    Science or you're wrong.

Charger test here:

With that being said, I buy Palm Pre chargers on Amazon for not much, and they're good quality.
    +1 It was too much to type, so I didn't reply earlier...but you put it the right way! If I am gonna be using a $350 phone, then I would prefer to use a branded charger. I have seen people fry their phones with cheap fleabay chargers.
    Google Nexus 5 - Straight Talk
    Previously - Nexus 4 | Motorola Atrix 4G | ...and various others
    hodan likes this.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Wait 'n see. There are already third party Qi compatible charging platforms out there (Eveready? I can't remember). Someone will likely undercut Google with a similar tilted stand/charger thingie that operates the same,... or better. I don't think Google is going to have the corner on Qi chargers for the N4, or even the most economical.

Christmas is coming. Santa surely has Qi chargers in his bag o' toys.
    I started a thread today to try and keep track of what Qi chargers are available.

Qi Chargers for the Nexus 4

Hope it helps!
    Thanked by 3:
    ChromeJobhodanKitN 
    ChromeJob likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12