Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Is the charging pod included?

    When we buy an n4 will the wireless charging pod thing be included in the box or sold separately? It sounds a bit too good to be true that the charging pod would be included for such a ridiculously low price.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    I've heard a few different answers but the one I'm going to believe is no. It's not coming with it. It'll be an additional cost accessory. But worth it in my opinion.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    My answer is no. If you read the "What's included in the box" section of the play store for the Nexus 4, it doesn't say anything about the charging pod.
    ChromeJob and TheUI like this.
  4. #4  
    Ziptied's Avatar
    Your Resident Googler

    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Negative, not included in our versions anyways. It came separately.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Based on past experience w/ every single previous nexus device accessories I'm going to guess it will be 3-5 months before it's available. Prove me wrong Google.

    And yes, I realize they've shown it and maybe some reviewers will get it but same thing happened w/ the N1 car dock, nexus s desk dock (the worst accessory ever BTW), the galaxy nexus docks, and most recently the nexus 7 dock...
    ChromeJob likes this.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    No its not.

    And it can't be with the $300 price tag. It would cost like a $100 to buy it seperately.




    Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2
  7. #7  
    mzanette's Avatar
    Zee

    Posts
    621 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Quote Originally Posted by dexbg View Post
    No its not.

    And it can't be with the $300 price tag. It would cost like a $100 to buy it seperately.




    Sent from my MB526 using Tapatalk 2

    Yeah it never even crossed my mind that the charger would be included at this price. That would make this insanely great price for an unlocked phone a stupidly insane great price.
    MERCDROID likes this.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Quote Originally Posted by snaqvi91 View Post
    When we buy an n4 will the wireless charging pod thing be included in the box or sold separately? It sounds a bit too good to be true that the charging pod would be included for such a ridiculously low price.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Lol.

    You are already getting a deal on the phone and you expect the wireless charger to be included?

    If you ever paid attention to past nexus shipments you'd know Google always sells their accessories separate and not for cheap.

    Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Per the editorial reviews, Google is expected to announce the wireless charging pod for $50.

    Google Nexus 5 - Straight Talk
    Previously - Nexus 4 | Motorola Atrix 4G | ...and various others
    Thanked by 2:
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Quote Originally Posted by shashankmittal View Post
    Per the editorial reviews, Google is expected to announce the wireless charging pod for $50.

    So there should be a knockoff for 25/30$?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Probably Wahoo, there are QI ones, the technology it uses for $30-50 at the moment, energizer has one for about $50, Fatboy pillow is 90.
  12. #12  
    Mugler Infusion's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    You know, Google may surprise us and send one with order of the Nexus 4, they are already subsidizing pretty good already, let them take a step further and send us one of these too.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Prodigy View Post
    You know, Google may surprise us and send one with order of the Nexus 4, they are already subsidizing pretty good already, let them take a step further and send us one of these too.
    That would be awesome but i highly doubt it. Id be happy if the sold it for imder $50

    Sent from my PC36100 using Android Central Forums
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    IMO, $50 for ANY charging dock (even wireless) is a rip-off, UNLESS it had some kind of speaker functionality.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    IMO, $50 for ANY charging dock (even wireless) is a rip-off, UNLESS it had some kind of speaker functionality.
    The going rate for wireless seems to be higher actually. at least in what I'm finding
  16. #16  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by emcdannell View Post
    The going rate for wireless seems to be higher actually. at least in what I'm finding
    I'm sure it is. Still doesn't mean it ain't a rip-off.

    I just think that for $50 you should get more funcionality than just been able to charge your device.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    I'm sure it is. Still doesn't mean it ain't a rip-off.

    I just think that for $50 you should get more funcionality than just been able to charge your device.
    The more here is the wireless functionality. I totally get your point and I personally would not buy it either unless I get a really good deal on it (just to show off my nexus to my iFriends), but there are lots of people who will be interested in something "cool" like this.
    Google Nexus 5 - Straight Talk
    Previously - Nexus 4 | Motorola Atrix 4G | ...and various others
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Quote Originally Posted by shashankmittal View Post
    The more here is the wireless functionality. I totally get your point and I personally would not buy it either unless I get a really good deal on it (just to show off my nexus to my iFriends), but there are lots of people who will be interested in something "cool" like this.
    True.

    It certainly is "cool".

    And like you, I'll get it if I get a deal.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Quote Originally Posted by LeftEyeBlindPR View Post
    I'm sure it is. Still doesn't mean it ain't a rip-off.

    I just think that for $50 you should get more funcionality than just been able to charge your device.
    O yea i do agree. The prices do seem a bit high for what you get. especially since the alternative( a cord) is so cheap.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Quote Originally Posted by emcdannell View Post
    O yea i do agree. The prices do seem a bit high for what you get. especially since the alternative( a cord) is so cheap.
    The other thing is that a branded corded wall charger from LG (or any other brand) costs about $30 (including the chinese ones sold by AT&T, VZW etc), so $20 extra for the added wireless convenience isn't too bad. It's a luxury not a necessity, so there is certainly a customer base for it.
    Google Nexus 5 - Straight Talk
    Previously - Nexus 4 | Motorola Atrix 4G | ...and various others
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Quote Originally Posted by shashankmittal View Post
    The other thing is that a branded corded wall charger from LG (or any other brand) costs about $30 (including the chinese ones sold by AT&T, VZW etc), so $20 extra for the added wireless convenience isn't too bad. It's a luxury not a necessity, so there is certainly a customer base for it.
    Well i pick up my chargers for about $10. And i know there is a customer base. I'm part of it. I'm picking one up as soon as they bring it out as long as it @$50. I'm just saying from my view it is a little bit much in cost
  22. #22  
    Mugler Infusion's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    179 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Check ebay, less than $3.00 for a cord charger that will work as well as the branded versions.
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    So now that a bumper case is official do you guys thing we'll see the charging orb announced in time to buy with the phone?
  24. #24  
    Ziptied's Avatar
    Your Resident Googler

    Posts
    536 Posts
    Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Quote Originally Posted by emcdannell View Post
    So now that a bumper case is official do you guys thing we'll see the charging orb announced in time to buy with the phone?
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Is the charging pod included?

    Ahh idk what that means?!?! haha
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Is the Charge worthy of the upgrade?
    By briguyy in forum Verizon Droid Charge
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-02-2011, 08:17 PM
  2. How thick is the Charge 2600mah extended battery?
    By voigts in forum Charge Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-20-2011, 01:20 AM
  3. Is the Charge the red headed step child of Android phones?
    By neemo6 in forum Verizon Droid Charge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-17-2011, 03:32 PM
  4. What generation Android device is the Charge?
    By shobuddy in forum Verizon Droid Charge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 10:21 PM
  5. Is the Charge's battery cover anything like this?
    By Oxn in forum Verizon Droid Charge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-21-2011, 03:50 AM

Posting Permissions

B