Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Screen protector

Well I'm from Germany so I don't know if those are avaialble in other countries. I used them already on my iPhone 4 and had no trouble at all.
    4+4 x mumbi Displayschutzfolie Google Nexus 4: Amazon.de: Elektronik

ROM
    Stock

I recommend the SGP Ultra Crystal just because they have a dry installation vs pretty much all of the others where you risk damaging your phone from getting it wet. The only downside is that the material does tend to scratch easier than the "self healing" protectors, which is probably why they include 2 in the pack. Plus, it doesn't give you an orange peel effect or feel rubbery like all of the wet application protectors.

I'll probably go naked on the front and just get something for the back since I don't want to worry about setting it down and scratching it up. I've had 5 different phones with Gorilla glass and only 1 has been scratched. I generally keep a pocket dedicated for the phone but one day at work I was in a hurry and threw a metal pen in my pocket for about 15 mins, after I realized it I pulled the phone out and it had been tainted!! So yeah, Gorilla glass is scratch resistant; but that doesn't mean scratch proof..
    nickacs likes this.

Are they good? I've heard alot about different brands/companies, but they seem legit

What is up with SGP? I placed an order and no response?

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sx4dude2013 View Post
    What is up with SGP? I placed an order and no response?
    They blow from my personal experience.

YMMV

Sent from my Nexus 7

I'm thinking for me, a bumper with front and rear screen protectors is the way to go. Are there any screen protectors that offer a clear film for the front ant back?

SPIGEN! Hahaha looks like its on a sale too but discounted by a$1?! Better than nothing I guess

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sonicresidue View Post
    I'm thinking for me, a bumper with front and rear screen protectors is the way to go. Are there any screen protectors that offer a clear film for the front ant back?
    Skinomi sells both front and back screen protectors. I bought a set on Amazon.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Hey guys just warning you, I normally love spigen because I don't like wet applications. But unfortunately the current form covers the proximity and light sensor, causing them to be very unpredictable. Not to mention it doesn't cover the entire glass screen, it leaves some of the edges unprotected. I would wait to get a spigen until these issues are resolved. Such a bummer...
    sonicresidue likes this.

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cluckkillerb View Post
    Hey guys just warning you, I normally love spigen because I don't like wet applications. But unfortunately the current form covers the proximity and light sensor, causing them to be very unpredictable. Not to mention it doesn't cover the entire glass screen, it leaves some of the edges unprotected. I would wait to get a spigen until these issues are resolved. Such a bummer...
    I had the same problem - spigen accepted return for a full refund, however they will not have corrected screen protectors for another 2-weeks...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12