Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.2.1

Default Screen protector

So I'll be ordering the phone once it is available. Good source to buy a screen protector?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Screen protector

Quote Originally Posted by emoeskaite View Post
    So I'll be ordering the phone once it is available. Good source to buy a screen protector?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Bestskinsever

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

XO Skins Already ordered haha before I can even order the phone

Screen Protector

Full Body

They have a 40% off coupon that expires tomorrow? scareoff40
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    1,562 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Many options out there but person tried only few which are zagg,seidio, and spigen.

Spigen would bwypue premium screen protector but consider one of the best screen protectors. I use spigenon my N7 and my HTC TB. I have used spigen for almost two years and have never had problem with them. When I get a N4 I will be using spigen to protect my N4.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______

I recommend Spigen. Got cases and screen protectors from them and so far they haven't disappointed.

Sent from my HTC One X

Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted/Jailbroken - Stock

I've had bad experiences with Skinomi, but I guess a lot of folks really like them?

Sent from my MB855 using Android Central Forums

I use sites like ebay and various other ones, i find they are cheap but still do the trick.

Global Posts
    750 Global Posts

I've used Skinomi and they hold up pretty well for me. Well, I use the body skins but not for the screen. I still prefer spigen for screen and either Skinomi or bestskinsever for the body

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    LG Nexus 4 E960 Occam 44.2.2 JDQ39 / Nokia Lumia 920 / Samsung Galaxy Nexus I9250 Takju 4.2.2 JDQ39 / Asus Google Nexus 7 4.2.2 JDQ39
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I would really appreciate if LG would take the white arrows off the skin protector that is already on the phone when it arrives to you, and please don't take the back screen protector off especially if you plan to cover it up with a case anyway.

When it arrives to my house I am going to look for a way to get those white arrows off, and if you do plan on getting a screen protector, at least keep this one on until that screen protector comes in.

I'm very happy with Spigen on the Nexus 7.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jenskristian View Post
    I'm very happy with Spigen on the Nexus 7.
    I'm not. Worst piece of overpriced plastic I've bought in a very long time. Scratches within seconds of application and has a rainbow effect that bugged me so much I took the screen protector off and threw it away! Complete rubbish. :thumbdown:

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by strats View Post
    XO Skins Already ordered haha before I can even order the phone

Screen Protector

Full Body

They have a 40% off coupon that expires tomorrow? scareoff40
    Are they worth buying? I want to have something quality, but I don't rly have any experience with protectors. : (
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Default Screen protectors?

Where will we be able to order screen protectors so we have them the day our N4 arrives?

Default Re: Screen protectors?

Looks like they're all over ebay and Amazon...

Amazon.com: Google Nexus 4 screen protector
    LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T

Quote Originally Posted by rickydavis1051 View Post
    Where will we be able to order screen protectors so we have them the day our N4 arrives?
    Two second google found these two results:
    Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - LG Nexus 4 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories - released on November 20, 2012
    xoskins.com/cell-phone-skin-protectors/lg-skin-protectors/lg-google-nexus-4-screen-protector - released same day as Nexus release

xoskins has them for pre-order. says they'll ship the day its released. So you could potentially have it in time.

Also bestskinsever has them and says they'll ship the 16th. while you'll most likely get you phone before the screen protector they have the best price on these style of protectors. at least that I've seen
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Any word on T-Mobile stores carrying them?
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Turns out, you may have to wait on a decent screen protector, since this phone has the curved glass you may have to wait on a protector that is curved as well such as the ones for the GS3, Spigen has them:

Other than that you will have to use the flexible screen protectors or the rigid flat protectors will stick out where the glass curves while the flexible protectors adhere to the curved glass, they will last a while but was told that they are still not as great as the already curved protectors.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I don't know why you even bother with a screen protector. Gorilla glass 2 is scratch resistant and super strong. No need for a screen protector any more.

I've been using my SGS2 for a year and the screen is perfect.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    radimir likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I don't know why you even bother with a screen protector. Gorilla glass 2 is scratch resistant and super strong. No need for a screen protector any more.

I've been using my SGS2 for a year and the screen is perfect.

Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    I have thought about this also. But.. i work with tools and paint and hardware, basically repair/handyman kinda stuff for H&M. I also constantly correspond with my immediate manager, and others like me in the field by txting or calling back and forth. Mostly txting. Sometimes my hands are blotched in paint, or some dirt. sometimes i just have to pick up the phone. I have a cheap Mercury case on my GNex and it occationallyl gets some paint on it that chips off and cleans up pretty easily.

But this phone... i'm a bit worried.

And with my job a screen protector just makes more sense. having that extra insurance.

But... is Gorilla glass 2 really that scratch resistant?

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by radimir View Post
    I have thought about this also. But.. i work with tools and paint and hardware, basically repair/handyman kinda stuff for H&M. I also constantly correspond with my immediate manager, and others like me in the field by txting or calling back and forth. Mostly txting. Sometimes my hands are blotched in paint, or some dirt. sometimes i just have to pick up the phone. I have a cheap Mercury case on my GNex and it occationallyl gets some paint on it that chips off and cleans up pretty easily.

And with my job a screen protector just makes more sense. having that extra insurance.

That totally makes sense then. In that environment you need more protection. My phone only has Gorilla Glass 1 and it is super strong and very scratch resistant. You can see all kinds of scratch tests on youtube. Keys and pocket change doesn't scratch it. I am still careful, but my screen is still in perfect shape.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

I ordered a kit from BestSkinsEver.
    Ricky2009 likes this.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by radimir View Post

I have a SGS I (i9000) and it has Gorilla Glass I. It's 2 years old, and there isnt a single scratch or anything like that on the screen. Altough, I'm gonna buy a full body protector for my N4, because of the back of the phone. A phone covered in glass is not a safety insurance. It can scratch or rupture anytime.

I already purchased screen protection as well. Four for the back, four for the front, but I think I will mainly use it for the back side only, since I don't want the glass to have direct contact with the surface when I lay it down somewhere.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts

Which one did you order?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast