Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Nexus 4 cases?

The thing is the thick good cases i find ruin the aesthetics.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is the thick good cases i find ruin the aesthetics.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Fairclough I agree with that. I'm not a big fan of thick ones. I usually tend to like flexible silicone ones. The gnex has a cool one in green with a giant Lloyd on the back. I'm hoping this phone gets something similiar.

From a chat on the Otterbox website. Maybe the policy is not to announce until it is ready and there will be one near launch, but if what I was told it true it is bad news for fans of big clunky cases.

Me: Any word on if otterbox will be making a case for the LG Nexus 4 soon?
    Josiah: Unfortunately, we do not have plans to develop a case for that device. I would recommend keeping an eye on our website, as it will have the most up to date information for every new release.

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by socaltyger View Post
    The back is supposedly gorilla glass as well, so I'm not too worried about direct impact or scratches. However, like in one of the reviews, edge impact may cause a crack. Ive always liked the Note 2 wallet type cases. if they make them for the N4, ill go that route. if not, I'll most likely just get a bumper case and leave the rest as is.
    You should be worried about scratches, as Phil has mentioned this in his 'Ask me' thread and 2 other internet reviews mentioned it too, just having the phone for a couple days. I thought that was the whole purpose of Gorilla Glass to NOT get scratches on it?! LMAO.. I don't get it???

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Picked up a 5 buck tpu case on amazon just for initial protection. Brand is kayscase. Don't see anything on shop android yet. Only a week more to order!

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera View Post
    Can you post a link to your item? I have yet to see a single case offering for the Nexus 4.
    Hope this is really what they claim...

KaysCase Slim Soft Gel Cover Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone (Smoked)
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ZNBHBY/...idcentral00-20
    Nexus 7 Rooted with Jelly Bean 4.1.2
    Nexus 4 4.2.2 w/ PA 3+ & Franco Kernel

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

Why would a case made for the S3 fit the Nexus 4?

I'm curious ... until I decide on a bumper or a TPU case,... a simple leather or pleather sleeve should suffice. Matias Duarte had the N4 in a sleeve during The Verge's extended video on the Nexusmeisters. I presume a sleeve that fits the Optimus G will fit the N4 okay?
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

i would like either a silicone case or metal hard case but for the time being im going to get this cheap pouch one i saw on ebay for initial protection against falls

Just a guess but since T Mobile will have them in store on the 14th they should have some kind of a case for sale. Even if it's something temporary I'm going to try that route.
    ChromeJob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    Those arent screen protectors in the sense you think they are. They won't stay on long with use. Maybe a day if that.
    Our resident googler...tell us:
    What is the intended pricing?
    And screen protectors for both back and front, will they be available?
    When can we get them?

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    You should be worried about scratches, as Phil has mentioned this in his 'Ask me' thread and 2 other internet reviews mentioned it too, just having the phone for a couple days. I thought that was the whole purpose of Gorilla Glass to NOT get scratches on it?! LMAO.. I don't get it???
    The back isn't gorilla glass.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
    #teamandroid

Global Posts
    177 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    The back isn't gorilla glass.
    I thought I read online that it was, maybe I picked it up wrong

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Apparently the front is but google wont say what the back is, probably to keep confusion down as people would mix the two up. Apparently it is a glass like substance, maybe stronger maybe weaker who knows. Personally i would of done both gorilla glass 2.
    Tom Fairclough
    Zee

Global Posts
    622 Global Posts

Default Nexus 4 cases?

Apparently the front is but google wont say what the back is, probably to keep confusion down as people would mix the two up. Apparently it is a glass like substance, maybe stronger maybe weaker who knows. Personally i would of done both gorilla glass 2.
    Matias Duarte said it was gorilla glass front and back in that verge video.
    A proud former Nexus 4 Limbo level-2 member
    Thanked by:
    ChromeJob likes this.

I thought in the video this forum posts up weekly it said it wasn't my bad i could be wrong.
    Tom Fairclough

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

I thought in the video this forum posts up weekly it said it wasn't my bad i could be wrong.
    Comes from that man himself at 4:17. I still don't get why the back is getting scratches then. Like I said another review the guy took keys to the front/back and didn't get a single scratch?! But yet a day's use of 3 other reviews did?! Makes no sense.. I know I'll be leaving the back OEM protector on until something comes out

Quote Originally Posted by nickacs View Post
    Comes from that man himself at 4:17. I still don't get why the back is getting scratches then. Like I said another review the guy took keys to the front/back and didn't get a single scratch?! But yet a day's use of 3 other reviews did?! Makes no sense.. I know I'll be leaving the back OEM protector on until something comes out
    Things can be scratched quite easily, even Gorilla Glass. There's a big difference between someone trying to scratch it with thick, blunt keys and something that's just a little rough but concentrated on a smaller area that causes hairline scratches.

Kind of like comparing a pin to a mosquito bite - The mosquito breaks the skin with very little effort yet the pin requires far more pressure to achieve the same effect.

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by antonusklesk View Post
    Things can be scratched quite easily, even Gorilla Glass. There's a big difference between someone trying to scratch it with thick, blunt keys and something that's just a little rough but concentrated on a smaller area that causes hairline scratches.

Kind of like comparing a pin to a mosquito bite - The mosquito breaks the skin with very little effort yet the pin requires far more pressure to achieve the same effect.
    Yea, I've never had a phone with Gorilla Glass, but in the last couple years it seems everybody wants that manufactured as part of their phone. Nonetheless, I'm leaving the OEM plastic on the back until a bumper or another full body-clear protector comes out I'm not scratching this baby!

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

How about we get back to talking about cases since that is what the thread is titled

Anybody here from any companies? I contacted Spigen and got no email response. Great...

Quote Originally Posted by johnp888 View Post
    Hope this is really what they claim...

KaysCase Slim Soft Gel Cover Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone (Smoked)
    Amazon.com: KaysCase Slim Soft Gel Cover Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone (Smoked): Electronics
    I'm gonna get this brand they have a hard version too which is great.
    Nexus 7 Rooted with Jelly Bean 4.1.2
    Nexus 4 4.2.2 w/ PA 3+ & Franco Kernel

Here are some now listed on amazon. A lot of these without pictures have the same case for other phones so you can get an idea what they will look like.

Ionic Guardian Armor Case available Nov 24. Blue, Purple, White, Black.
    Amazon.com: Ionic GUARDIAN Armor Case for LG Nexus 4 (Blue): Cell Phones & Accessories

Ionic Explorer available Nov 24. Black with an option of Blue, Purple, Green, or Grey,
    Amazon.com: Ionic EXPLORER Protective Cases for LG Nexus 4 (Black-Green): Cell Phones & Accessories

I-Blasin TPU case. Black Frost, Frost clear Nov. 29
    Amazon.com: i-Blason SoftGel Flexible TPU Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone (Frost Clear): Office Products

i-Blasin Hard Shell - Nov 29 Black and Clear.
    Amazon.com: i-Blason Slim Fit Hard Shell Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone (Black): Electronics

Kaycase Hard Case everyone has already mentioned now with render pictures. Nov 22. Smoked, Black, Clear.
    Amazon.com: KaysCase Slim Hard Shell Cover Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone (Smoked): Electronics

Kaycases Softgel case. Nov 22. Smoked, Black and Clear.
    Amazon.com: KaysCase Slim Soft Gel Cover Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone (Smoked): Cell Phones & Accessories

And screen protectors.

Front and back. Nov 20. Available with back that is clear, brushed aluminum, Dark Wood, Black Carbon, Silver Carbon, Light wood and Brushed Steel. Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - LG Nexus 4 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Full Body Protective Skin + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

Just front. Nov 20. Amazon.com: Skinomi TechSkin - LG Nexus 4 Screen Protector Ultra Clear Shield + Lifetime Warranty: Cell Phones & Accessories

Spigen Crystal. Nov 13. Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Google Nexus 4 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Crystal] [2-PACK] Clear Film Cover Shield: Cell Phones & Accessories

Spigen Oleophobic. Unavailable. Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Google Nexus 4 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Oleophobic] [2-PACK] Clear Oil-resistant Film Cover Shield: Cell Phones & Accessories

GTMax. Nov 21. Also available in 4 or 5 pack Amazon.com: GTMax 3-Pack Crystal Clear Screen Protector for LG Google Nexus 4 with * Screen Cleaner Strap *: Cell Phones & Accessories

Lumiiart Anti-Glare. In Stock. Amazon.com: Lumii Ark Screen Protector Shield for Google LG NEXUS 4 - [3-Pack] - Anti-Glare: Cell Phones & Accessories

Lumiiart Clear. In Stock. Amazon.com: Lumii Ark Screen Protector Shield for Google LG NEXUS 4 - [3-Pack] - CLEAR: Cell Phones & Accessories

Ionic Screen. Nov 24. Amazon.com: Ionic Screen Protector Film Invisible (Clear) for LG Nexus 4 (3-pack): Cell Phones & Accessories

Edited: 11/12 to make more complete. Added in the screen protector from later post.
    Last edited by SOLGarion; 11-12-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    Thanked by 5:

Global Posts
    213 Global Posts

NIce to see Spigen listed there ultra crystal SP (hopefully more accessories soon)

However, we all might want to wait for there curved version since the n4 has curved glass

Spigen also has this one listed.

Amazon.com: SPIGEN SGP Google Nexus 4 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Oleophobic] [2-PACK] Clear Oil-resistant Film Cover Shield: Cell Phones & Accessories

But it is marked unavailable without an estimated date.

I ordered the lumii art ones because they are cheap, available now and I prefer cases with built in hard screen protectors and this crappy one will last until a case with that feature is available. Estimated delivery is 16th to 21st. If they really do have them in stock and they ship them 1st class mail (Makes sense as would probably be cheapest for them) by tomorrow it really should be sooner than that though. But who knows.
    Last edited by SOLGarion; 11-12-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast