Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree7Likes

Default Re: Nexus 4 cases?

I just ordered one from diztronic. Pretty simple basic TPU.

Waiting for Google to get their act together and let me order a Nexus Bumper.

Dug this tweet about a nexus 4 case up from otter box.

OtterBox (@OtterBox) tweeted at 0:10 PM on Fri, Nov 30, 2012:
    @rcadden We don't currently have plans but the Power is in the People, so we just might change our mind if we keep getting requests.
    ()

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by FKNtrashbag View Post
    I happened to notice this today...

SF Matte Grey- Rearth Ringke SLIM for LG Google Nexus 4 Soft Feeling Premium Hard Case - ECO Package

What's the word about this brand? Any good?
    This looks really nice to me. Anyone buy and have impressions?

^Got mine in the mail the other day. Not a bad case, back seems pretty sturdy. Nice matte finish. The sides seem flimsy though, they're pretty thin. I feel like that's where it will crack on the first drop. I'm not the otterbox type but I'll definitely keep looking for something a bit more solid.

Quote Originally Posted by SOLGarion View Post

@rcadden We don't currently have plans but the Power is in the People, so we just might change our mind if we keep getting requests.
    ()

How blind can they be.
    Isn't all the craziness that's going on with the Nexus 4 selling out/back-order and everything, enough for them to want to make a case for it?
    They already have a case lined up for the Optimus G. I can' t say I know how many of those AT&T/Sprint sold, but I doubt it's even close to the Nexus 4 numbers. Mind you there's a very popular international market for the N4 as well.

I can't believe they need people begging them to make a case for it, as an incentive to start working on one...ridiculous.
    ChromeJob likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SOLGarion View Post

()

Quote Originally Posted by Amiroquai View Post
    How blind can they be.
    Isn't all the craziness that's going on with the Nexus 4 selling out/back-order and everything, enough for them to want to make a case for it?
    They already have a case lined up for the Optimus G. I can' t say I know how many of those AT&T/Sprint sold, but I doubt it's even close to the Nexus 4 numbers. Mind you there's a very popular international market for the N4 as well.

I can't believe they need people begging them to make a case for it, as an incentive to start working on one...ridiculous.
    Two words : Marketing gimmick.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

The Cruzerlite Androidified A2 TPU case is available to pre-order now. Thinking of picking one of these up:

Then I just need to find a good pouch style case that has a belt clip on it which can hold the phone while it is in the TPU case. I'm not a big fan of carrying my phone in my pocket... this tends to lead to the occasional lint collection in the speaker, charging, and headset ports. It also greatly increases the changes of scratching the screen. It can even degrade the signal reception and lead to missed calls in fringe coverage areas. I find carrying the phone on my belt to be much more functional.

I'm using an Otterbox Defender for my Galaxy Nexus. They don't seem too interested in making anything for the Nexus 4 even though sales have been good and Qi charging pads are suddenly flying off the shelf (I suspect most of them are being purchased to use with the Nexus 4). Hopefully they change their mind. I like the Defender cases with the belt clip holster.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

I got this case and another -->

The Nillkin case is MUCH nicer and fits better. The Rearth one is very thin, flimsy on the sides and sooth on the back so it is just as slippery as the glass back.

The Nillkin case is slighty thicker making is more sturdy, especially on the sides. The back is textured and gives it a lot nicer grip. It also has a little soft touchy feel but is still much harder than tpu. This is very important as this makes it not slide around when set on a table. I also like how the cases comes up slightly higher on the sides than the touch screen on the front so if you set it down face down it will raise the screen of the surface slightly. Highly recommend this case over the other.
    Google Android Affectionado

I don't know why no one buys from ebay. Most everything is free shipping. Got this for $5.33. I am poor.
    Some like the hard cases for big bucks, I like the simple tpu stuff. Them nubs on the side give good grippage.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ocostich View Post
    The back of the Nexus 4 is already Gorilla Glass.
    I don't believe it. The back scratches way to easily

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Believe what you want, it does. What you believe doesn't change that. It has been discussed ad nauseum on these boards and mentioned at length in review posts. A very small minority seemed to report is wasn't with no source. They were wrong.

Anyone know of a TPU case that is actually clear? Not the wavy-S frosted clear, but fully clear? The back of the N4 looks great, I'd like to be able to see it. Small potatoes though tbh.

Just got the official bumper case. While I like the styling and protection (for what it's worth), it makes the phone feel a little too wide. Maybe I'm used to a naked phone (took the Seidio case off my GNex months ago and used a Timbuk2 sleeve), but the added bulk ain't blowing my hair back.

i bought this a few days ago:

it has a clear plastic back to show the nexus logo. does anyone have any reviews on it?

there`s also this one by rearth:

might upgrade when this case comes out. it looks good.

Here are some Google Nexus 4 cases, you can take it as the reference.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234