MicroSD to Micro USB Adapter, Expand your Nexus 4 Storage

Maturola

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
What if you could add more storage to any Android device with a tiny adapter?

A MicroSD to Micro USB adapter. This indiegogo project aims to receive funding for the creation of a tiny adapter -- the worlds first of it's kind so you no longer have to worry about running out of space for your favourite videos, music or photos. All we need is your support to help fund the creation of this adapter.

http://www.indiegogo.com/microsdtomicrousb

The adapter is so small it can happily sit with your keys as a keyring; store the whole of your favourite TV series, music collection and more in the palm of your hands.

Support the project and be the first to receive the adapter. If the project doesn't get funded, your receive a full refund, nothing to lose.

IMG_20121101_130652.jpg

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
That was something I thought of many times before and wondered why it was not already out there or it might be but called something else and could not find it with simple search??? Looks interesting, I always thought that the adapter had to be powered on first before device could actually see the storage/microSD?

But anyway, it is a nice step ahead, it will have to have a different form factor before I would put that thing on any of my portable devices or phone, it would have to conform to the shape of my phone or even be built into a case that would fit my phone or device and it would have to be in at all times and allow charge through so my device or phone can still be charged through a micro usb port, nice to have the adapter but it would be even nicer to not see the adapter. :)

theriel

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Nice and clean.

Although you can (for the time being) just use microUSB->USB converter (e.g. this) + mini sandisk memory card reader. It's not THAT big...

Maturola

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I had an idea like that, but integrated into a case. Make the connection small enough and it would be very subtle.

We are already working on it, we jut need to validate the design on FCC & CE and other testing, so the adapter is the original push that would allow us to research all others alternatives.

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
What if you could add more storage to any Android device with a tiny adapter?

A MicroSD to Micro USB adapter. This indiegogo project aims to receive funding for the creation of a tiny adapter -- the worlds first of it's kind so you no longer have to worry about running out of space for your favourite videos, music or photos. All we need is your support to help fund the creation of this adapter.

http://www.indiegogo.com/microsdtomicrousb

The adapter is so small it can happily sit with your keys as a keyring; store the whole of your favourite TV series, music collection and more in the palm of your hands.

Support the project and be the first to receive the adapter. If the project doesn't get funded, your receive a full refund, nothing to lose.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...ADT0/UYxZbtMEQIg/s640/IMG_20121101_130652.jpg

Unfortunately, it appears this project will not succeed this time around.

I just found out about it today. Better luck next go round! Awesome idea. Only snafu for me, personally, is that using it requires rooting our device. That will keep it from going mainstream, in my opinion.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Maturola

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately, it appears this project will not succeed this time around.

I just found out about it today. Better luck next go round! Awesome idea. Only snafu for me, personally, is that using it requires rooting our device. That will keep it from going mainstream, in my opinion.
Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

If you would like one and participate on the finding of the device, please don't let the current amount stop you, I got a couple of privates investors waiting for the final result to benchmark the markets interest. In the worst case if we don't make it you will get your money right back in just 5 days.

Also do not let the rooting part stop you either, I've been in touch with the some developers (including Nexus Media Importer) and read/write access to the external storage without rooting is just around the corner.

Thanks for the Support anyways =)

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried it personally? I suspect not as a lot of people have discussed this issue and have come to the conclusion that the Nexus 4 at this point in time will not read any USB devices and can not use the USB for wireless mouse or keyboard. I have not received my Nexus 4 yet ut I do have one of those and I will try it when I get my phone.

Dramer77

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
no i havent, but i know they work with most popular phones.. its cheap enough to get one and try out with a flash drive or a card reader

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae