Earbuds with volume control, microphone

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Since i've used iPhone the last little while, all the earbuds I have are specifically made for iPhone functions with respect to volume control, switching between music tracks etc. I know the microphone still works as I've tested my earbuds with my Nexus 7, but I can't control the volume with the earbuds.

Does anyone have any recommendation of earbuds that work with Android devices and include volume buttons/track changing buttons?

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Don't the beats earbuds that come with the rezound have volume and track buttons? I think most HTC one's do.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
No idea, the Nexus 7 is the first android device i've owned and the Nexus 4 will be the first phone. Just looking for some recommendations.

I'm afraid I wont be much help there, I usually don't use earbuds, but if I do there ones from past devices i've owned while running or at the gym.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Beats by Dre should work, you could buy a pair of htc (not the beats but their cheap ones) of ebay, their not the best.
Apparently these:
List for headset and headphones that work all three buttons & mic
- urbeats
- htc beats solo
- Sony smart headset
- Nocs NS200H (you can download Nocs app for 3 button or 1 button version)

cyanogen-man

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Go to radio shack its gonna run you about 40 dollars but they have android certified head phones with a mic and volume :)

INSPIRE AOKP ICE COLD SANDWICH ROM ;)

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
just to let you know. The ones that work android are all 1 button, not 3 buttons. yes beats headphones work for htc phones, but I'm not sure If they work for other phones. I had given up looking for a 3 buttons headphone that work with Android. I now use a bluetooth headsets instead. they are the only ones that have buttons that can control all your functions.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

lakaw

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend the Klipsch Image S4a. They are built for Android and i believe have everything you are looking for.

Amazon.com: Klipsch Image S4A In-ear Headphones for Android with Inline Microphone: Electronics

I bought these as well, and they sound good, but JB breaks volume control. Long press defaults to Google Now. I picked up the Ultimate Ears 985-000359 Logitech 350vm Noise Isolating Headset - Grey (for android) for the gym, and I really like them. They have physical volume control and sound as good as the Klipsch.

mzanette

Zee
Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I bought these as well, and they sound good, but JB breaks volume control. Long press defaults to Google Now. I picked up the Ultimate Ears 985-000359 Logitech 350vm Noise Isolating Headset - Grey (for android) for the gym, and I really like them. They have physical volume control and sound as good as the Klipsch.

Wish I had read this before I bought. I installed the Klipsch control app but the button doesn't seem to work even for play/pause of tracks. Am I missing something?

bencrackber

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Regular headphone jacks are too long. I can insert the headphone jack, but it sticks halfway out... are there SHORT headphone jacks that fit this type of plug?

Googled it and found that the jack is very tight. You have to push hard to get it in. No jokes about Virgin Mobile.:-!

Last edited: