Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Dolfan058
  • 1 Post By Dolfan058
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Car dock with Wireless Charging

I think this is, hands down, the best use application for wireless charging on the N4. No more fumbling with wires in your car, and you're ALWAYS assured of charging your phone in your car (which is especially helpful when using maps/navigation/music, which are battery killers).

Google hasn't shown me anything but a modified powermat turned into a car dock. Any rumors about something like this coming to fruition? Who else would want an accessory like this?

Default Re: Car dock with Wireless Charging

Qi Standard thus Energizer Pads, Fatboy Pillow etc should still work a bit pricey though as its "new" technology.
    It would be great to have, i think the above require power points. I reckon for the car a good old usb should be fine. Um I did forget what i was going to type. Thats right, it would be cool to have built in wireless pads into kitchen benchs etc just a thought, i know one company is developing a wireless charging table runned by solar power.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    Qi Standard thus Energizer Pads, Fatboy Pillow etc should still work a bit pricey though as its "new" technology.
    It would be great to have, i think the above require power points. I reckon for the car a good old usb should be fine. Um I did forget what i was going to type. Thats right, it would be cool to have built in wireless pads into kitchen benchs etc just a thought, i know one company is developing a wireless charging table runned by solar power.
    My thought process is that the car dock would go into the lighter/power port, although even if you wanted the car dock to hang from your windshield and have to run a charging wire there would still be better than the alternative (it's a bit tedious plugging the wire into the phone then putting it into the car dock)

The lighter should work. Forgot about that as I don't smoke or ever use it. I read on another part of this forum a guy is building his own dock for a tablet. It would be cool if you built a pad into the car. A good spot, I know this might sound stupid is the bottom of the centre console (thats where my lighter is ) as it cant fling around the car and if you get the right size it would fit perfectly. Be a bit useless for other things in there then though. I kinda got that idea as i've seen 4x4 turn them into Fridges.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan058 View Post
    My thought process is that the car dock would go into the lighter/power port, although even if you wanted the car dock to hang from your windshield and have to run a charging wire there would still be better than the alternative (it's a bit tedious plugging the wire into the phone then putting it into the car dock)
    Tedious? How long does that take for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
    yea i wouldn't exactly call it tedious but I am going to set up a NFC chip to turn on bluetooth and launch my music app so it would be cool if than i could just throw it in a dock and it was also charging. I don't need it and not having it wont make my life any harder... but it would be really cool to have
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
    I called it a bit tedious. As in minor annoyance or inconvenience. Regardless, topic is still cool. This would be a very useful accessory. One less thing to think about (and charging is damn important).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Ricky2009 likes this.