iPhone-like bumpers confirmed for Nexus 4 by Google employee - possible pictures

vietmode

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
not saying all bumpers have buttons, and from the picture i dont see any cutout for the volume buttons :confused:. but im saying if there was a bumper wouldn't the buttons appear more flush with the bumper? yet the picture i provided above (without a bumper) the buttons stick out the same. and from this picture http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gadgetlab/2012/10/20121030-NEXUS-4-PHONE-022edit.jpg if you zoom in, the phone appears to be purple but you can clearly see the bezel and frame.

im not saying bumpers dont exist, im sure they do but i just dont see a bumper in the picture.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
On second look at those pics it does appear to not have the bumper on it, however the bumpers do exist and they to me are very similar to the iphone4 bumper's. No word on availability as of yet. They do seem to be made of a harder type TPU and do offer a lip on front and back to keep the surface off of tables and such.

map1978

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
not saying all bumpers have buttons, and from the picture i dont see any cutout for the volume buttons :confused:. but im saying if there was a bumper wouldn't the buttons appear more flush with the bumper? yet the picture i provided above (without a bumper) the buttons stick out the same. and from this picture http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/gadgetlab/2012/10/20121030-NEXUS-4-PHONE-022edit.jpg if you zoom in, the phone appears to be purple but you can clearly see the bezel and frame.

im not saying bumpers dont exist, im sure they do but i just dont see a bumper in the picture.

good points you make...it def can be just the picture

hopefully we get a leak image this weekend, if not, tues isn't that far away :)

shaunmclane

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
That's why I stated "possible pictures." I saw the comment from the Google employee and immediately thought of the purple shots from the Wired post, and those photos all of a sudden made sense.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
That is close to the first thing I have liked about this phone... Nice idea. Wonder how well it will play with accessories?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
If you've tried it, does the bumper hinder the usage of edge gestures? I'd imagine it might be a problem with the edge-to-edge screen.

Not really, It can if you arent paying attention, but after a day or so I'm used to it and it doesn't hinder me at all.

futureandroider

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Not really, It can if you arent paying attention, but after a day or so I'm used to it and it doesn't hinder me at all.

Silly question but would the bumper still fit correct/fine if we don't peel the plastic that goes around the bezel? I'm thinking of just leaving the plastic on (just taking off the front and back)

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Silly question but would the bumper still fit correct/fine if we don't peel the plastic that goes around the bezel? I'm thinking of just leaving the plastic on (just taking off the front and back)

Those would be long gone after a few hours use anyways, so no I don't think so.

MrSherms

Great Googley Moogley!
May 4, 2012
Visit site
Those would be long gone after a few hours use anyways, so no I don't think so.

Zip, I've asked this question in another thread and didn't get an answer. From pictures, the Bumper appears to fit very cleanly, almost stock looking and not bulky. Do you still get that "naked" feel with the Bumper on? Thanks in advance.

Also: Giggity giggity. :cool:

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Zip, I've asked this question in another thread and didn't get an answer. From pictures, the Bumper appears to fit very cleanly, almost stock looking and not bulky. Do you still get that "naked" feel with the Bumper on? Thanks in advance.

Also: Giggity giggity. :cool:

Its as close as you can get to naked, it adds a bit to size (a little bit) raised just enough IMO from the screen and back.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital