Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default iPhone-like bumpers confirmed for Nexus 4 by Google employee - possible pictures

This isn't incredibly hot news, but it does answer a question I had. In the Wired's N4 review, the phone look entirely too purple, and a few commenters asked about it. A few days ago, a Google employee confirmed the N4 would be getting bumpers, but the comment has been removed. Now the Wired's photos make sense. Looks like a bumper is on the phone, but aside from the color, it actually looks pretty nice. Very tight fitting. This post has the original details and a link to the Wired review. Nexus 4 Bumpers Confirmed [Possible Photos] | Breaking Nexus
    Thanked by:
    hodan 

Default Re: iPhone-like bumpers confirmed for Nexus 4 by Google employee - possible pictures

I think the Accessories section is the place for this topic.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-4-accessories/

Quote Originally Posted by shaunmclane View Post
    This isn't incredibly hot news...
    It is if you love purple.
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 11-09-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
    Thanked by:
    shaunmclane likes this.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: iPhone-like bumpers confirmed for Nexus 4 by Google employee - possible pictures

I confirmed this almost two weeks ago.... and yes, I have one now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    We just got an internal email about it, and it's confirmed there will be one OE from LG and should be sold through the play store.
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Sorry about that. I didn't see it.

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

How about posting some pics of this bumper?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Looks like the bumper is on the pics in the Wired's review.

where is the bumper picture. it says possible photos
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

I confirmed this almost two weeks ago.... and yes, I have one now.
    Should I take this post down? I have no problem doing that.

i honestly don't see any bumper in the wired review.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

The picture used in the post is a photo from the Wired review. They have a few more photos in the review which is linked to in the post.
    Banned

Global Posts
    5,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Something JB

I wonder if this is to correct o e or some of the issues that were brought up in the xda review.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I am not allowed to post pictures as they can be traced back to me, Google has a very strict policy about these things for us. I have seen 6 different color bumpers so far.

EDIT: On second look at those pics it does appear to not have the bumper on it, however the bumpers do exist and they to me are very similar to the iphone4 bumper's. No word on availability as of yet.
    Last edited by Ziptied; 11-09-2012 at 04:13 PM.
    Thanked by 2:
    shaunmclane likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Is it flimsy? Or a hard type rubber? I've never felt one on an iPhone before, but I used to have something similar around my old blackberry and I hated it. Collected dust, slid off phone, and was just a pain most of the time.

Global Posts
    1,923 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

I hope they sell a regular case also. I still would like some protection for the back.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    shaunmclane likes this.

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

I am not allowed to post pictures as they can be traced back to me, Google has a very strict policy about these things for us. But the pictures in the link above are accurate, mine is black though. That one appears to be purple, but they are made in like 6 colors that I have seen.
    Thanks for keeping us updated, much appreciated

Hope these are available on launch day

Is it a tougher TPU and does it give a "lay on table" design?

I am not allowed to post pictures as they can be traced back to me, Google has a very strict policy about these things for us. But the pictures in the link above are accurate, mine is black though. That one appears to be purple, but they are made in like 6 colors that I have seen.
    How are they in protecting the phone if it drops?
    Nexus 7 Rooted with Jelly Bean 4.1.2
    Nexus 4 4.2.2 w/ PA 3+ & Franco Kernel

Is that an actual bumper? To me it doesn't even look like a bumper is on there, since it doesn't add any bulk at all. usually bumpers cover the buttons up but in the picture the buttons seem to stick out the same as here: http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/...4-review-5.jpg with no bumper? im thinking that it may appear purple-ish maybe due to the room? cause the white background it was taken on kind of reflect purple also.
    Zee

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts

Bumper. Day 1.

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vietmode View Post
    Is that an actual bumper? To me it doesn't even look like a bumper is on there, since it doesn't add any bulk at all. usually bumpers cover the buttons up but in the picture the buttons seem to stick out the same as here: http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/...4-review-5.jpg with no bumper?
    not all bumpers have buttons

you can see in the pic that there is a cutout for the volume buttons

hope google guy here in the forums can give us a little "first impression" on the bumper he has
    Zee

Global Posts
    653 Global Posts

Is that an actual bumper? To me it doesn't even look like a bumper is on there, since it doesn't add any bulk at all. usually bumpers cover the buttons up but in the picture the buttons seem to stick out the same as here: http://cdn.androidcentral.com/sites/...4-review-5.jpg with no bumper? im thinking that it may appear purple-ish maybe due to the room? cause the white background it was taken on kind of reflect purple also.
    You're probably right. There's a real purple hue in that entire background of that pic so it's probably just a picture effect. Look at the phone here in Phil's meaty hand, it looks like a slightly different colour on the top there and could also be mistaken for a bumper.

not saying all bumpers have buttons, and from the picture i dont see any cutout for the volume buttons . but im saying if there was a bumper wouldn't the buttons appear more flush with the bumper? yet the picture i provided above (without a bumper) the buttons stick out the same. and from this picture http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/ga...NE-022edit.jpg if you zoom in, the phone appears to be purple but you can clearly see the bezel and frame.

im not saying bumpers dont exist, im sure they do but i just dont see a bumper in the picture.
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

On second look at those pics it does appear to not have the bumper on it, however the bumpers do exist and they to me are very similar to the iphone4 bumper's. No word on availability as of yet. They do seem to be made of a harder type TPU and do offer a lip on front and back to keep the surface off of tables and such.

That picture just has a bad white balance... its not a bumper lol.
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

not saying all bumpers have buttons, and from the picture i dont see any cutout for the volume buttons . but im saying if there was a bumper wouldn't the buttons appear more flush with the bumper? yet the picture i provided above (without a bumper) the buttons stick out the same. and from this picture http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/ga...NE-022edit.jpg if you zoom in, the phone appears to be purple but you can clearly see the bezel and frame.

im not saying bumpers dont exist, im sure they do but i just dont see a bumper in the picture.
    good points you make...it def can be just the picture

hopefully we get a leak image this weekend, if not, tues isn't that far away

Some pretty craptacular photography there, WIRED.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast