Who's buying the official Nexus 4 Bumper?

snaqvi91

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
The price seems a bit steep at $20 but its the official thing. It doesn't seem to offer as much protection as say an Otter box. It would also increase the width making one handed typing harder.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I won't be, I consider it as $20 spent for protection, but I'm betting I will be able to find better protection for less (or slightly more) than $20.

I will be buying a case, just wont be that one that lol.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
prob no, for $20, i can get a thin case and a screen protector. need to protect the glass from being scratched so i can resell it for the next nexus. haha. plus, you can prob get an unofficial bumper for cheaper price.

Tronstar

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I'll be buying one. I usually just have a screen protector but i like that this will keep the front/back glass elevated off the table to minimize scratches but will work with wireless charging. Will probably pair with front/back protective film.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Not me. I'm looking for front and back screen protectors and a better, high quality leather slim case. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7

AtomicFrost

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Its actually more like a harder TPU than rubber.

I'm curious. Have you guys drop tested the Nexus 4 with the bumper attached? :)

Also, does it add any protection from a corner fall? It seems to me that it would only protect against a totally flat fall if all it does is add a small rubber lip around the device.

It seems that most phone drops that I've seen have the phone landing on a corner. :-\

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
im getting one, i do hope its slim else im ditching it.

it is.

I'm curious. Have you guys drop tested the Nexus 4 with the bumper attached? :)
Also, does it add any protection from a corner fall? It seems to me that it would only protect against a totally flat fall if all it does is add a small rubber lip around the device.
It seems that most phone drops that I've seen have the phone landing on a corner. :-\

Phones hardly ever land flat. I've dropped mine twice in the last two days, all good so far.

vido.ardes

May 6, 2011
Visit site
Could someone with one take a few pics of the bumper, on it's own and when it's on the phone? I would love to see what it looks like up close

Richard Devine

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
it is.

Phones hardly ever land flat. I've dropped mine twice in the last two days, all good so far.

Mine landed flat last night. Fell from the sofa to the hard wood floor. Exterior is fine, no scratches or dents. Slight resale inside though but that's to be expected. Bit of plastic or something from the impact

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mine landed flat last night. Fell from the sofa to the hard wood floor. Exterior is fine, no scratches or dents. Slight resale inside though but that's to be expected. Bit of plastic or something from the impact

Ouch, sorry to hear that. You are bumperless I presume?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz