Who's buying the official Nexus 4 Bumper?

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm surprised nobody has posted any pics proving this mythical creature exists.

The only people who have them so far (other than orders that arrived today) are us employess, who cannot post pictures from our devices. When I get home i will post pics since I purchased it with my own money and wont have my work google info on it, just personal account and info.

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I just called google play and for some reason despite not receiving any emails, my bumper is on back order. They have no idea when it's coming back in stock. All they could tell me is soon. Not sure why it says in stock on their site

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I just called google play and for some reason despite not receiving any emails, my bumper is on back order. They have no idea when it's coming back in stock. All they could tell me is soon. Not sure why it says in stock on their site

Says out of stock in the US play store.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the bumper and have listed on eBay right now. Here's why.

The only grip you have on a stock nexus is the sides and the bumper replaces the soft touch sides with a smooth plastic band that makes all sides of the device slippery.

I use a 3.5mm to RCA cord in my car and the headphone jack won't fit through the bumper to connect.

It doesn't really keep the back of the phone from getting scratched at all when setting the phoned down.

AtomicFrost

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site

The only grip you have on a stock nexus is the sides and the bumper replaces the soft touch sides with a smooth plastic band that makes all sides of the device slippery.

I use a 3.5mm to RCA cord in my car and the headphone jack won't fit through the bumper to connect.

It doesn't really keep the back of the phone from getting scratched at all when setting the phoned down.

:( That's disappointing to hear. Sounds like the bumper could endanger the phone even more so than just leaving it unprotected if it makes it easier to drop.

How doesn't the bumper keep the back from getting scratched when setting the phone down? Does the glass back still touch the surface?

I might have to look into another case option. My main problem is that I really don't want to cover up the really nice back design, and the size of it seems great. However, I am a bit rough with my phones so I might have to go with something more protective than the bumper. : / Especially if it makes it more likely to drop the Nexus 4.

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
:( That's disappointing to hear. Sounds like the bumper could endanger the phone even more so than just leaving it unprotected if it makes it easier to drop.

How doesn't the bumper keep the back from getting scratched when setting the phone down? Does the glass back still touch the surface?

I might have to look into another case option. My main problem is that I really don't want to cover up the really nice back design, and the size of it seems great. However, I am a bit rough with my phones so I might have to go with something more protective than the bumper. : / Especially if it makes it more likely to drop the Nexus 4.

it only raises the back 1 or 2mm. Not enough to keep the back from touching on a rough surface like concrete.

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site

Is your listing still up?

anon(42011)

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I've had the bumper for a week or so now and I have to say I really enjoy it. It feels nice and makes the phone feel a little more substantial in hand. Protection wise I'm not confident it would prevent the glass front or back from breaking on concrete, but definitely mitigate some damage from a lesser drop. If I had the choice I would definitely buy again.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I sure wish I had ordered it. It's crazy how Google does things. They sell out and you never know when the products will be back in stock if they ever are again. I'm not paying anything crazy for one on Ebay, I'll just have to wait.

peterskim

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I just got the Google bumper today. I don't think it's worth the money. Actually, it depends on what you're going for. If you're the type of person who generally doesn't use a case (and therefore isn't concerned about protection from drops), then the bumper works great as a means of keeping the glass off the table when you set it down in order to prevent scratches and sliding.

However, I'm not confident that it would provide any protection from a drop. I've been using a cheap iBlason case up until now and it probably provides better protection than the official Google bumper. But I hate how the iBlason case makes the phone look and feel cheap. :(

I really wish Speck would make a case for the Nexus 4 since their cases look great, provide a decent level of protection and aren't too bulky... but they've said they won't be making any cases for the Nexus 4. :(

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Google bumper today. I don't think it's worth the money. Actually, it depends on what you're going for. If you're the type of person who generally doesn't use a case (and therefore isn't concerned about protection from drops), then the bumper works great as a means of keeping the glass off the table when you set it down in order to prevent scratches and sliding.

However, I'm not confident that it would provide any protection from a drop. I've been using a cheap iBlason case up until now and it probably provides better protection than the official Google bumper. But I hate how the iBlason case makes the phone look and feel cheap. :(

I really wish Speck would make a case for the Nexus 4 since their cases look great, provide a decent level of protection and aren't too bulky... but they've said they won't be making any cases for the Nexus 4. :(

If you drop the nexus on a flat surface the bumper will provide some protection since the points of impact would be on the raised lip as opposed to the glass directly feeling the impact

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

AFM1204

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Will someone please post pictures? Other cheaper bumpers for sale on Amazon have gotten negative reviews for falling apart.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I have one. Ordered it earlier this week when they came back in stock. Arrived a couple of days later with my Nexus 4. I love it. Paired with my invisible shield. It's great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv