Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any Good Case or Recommended Alternative than Nexus 4 Bumper from Google?

Any good protection anyone can recommend besides the defacto Google Bumper? Preferably one that preserves the "sleek" form factor? My biggest worry is dropping it and cracking the glass from low height. What are you guys getting?

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Default Re: Any Good Case or Recommended Alternative than Nexus 4 Bumper from Google?

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Any Good Case or Recommended Alternative than Nexus 4 Bumper from Google?

Pardon me, Ive been living under a rock (this sub-category) my whole life on these forums
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

LOL, we all have. Selection is obviously severely limited at the time being, I mean there aren't any retail variants in hand yet, so give it a week or so and I'm sure they'll be everywhere. I ordered an androidified pink tpu case for my wife yesterday from the AC store, highly recommend buying here!
    Google it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Unfortunately not much of any kind of protection in cases or bumpers are out at the moment, if you are like me and you missed out buying it first day, you may want to take the time and order a case when one you like comes out, best searches are Amazon, ebay is nothing yet unless you like the S case, which I obviously don't like, there is some others I have found on Amazon for around $10 by Ionic I think the Explorer may work for me but as for bumpers, not yet, may have to wait over a month before seeing a lot of any kind of cases come out, if you get impatient I would go ahead and get the bumper from the Google store when they are in stock but it really doesn't provide much protection other than lifting off the front and back surfaces.

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by yukichi View Post
    Any good protection anyone can recommend besides the defacto Google Bumper? Preferably one that preserves the "sleek" form factor? My biggest worry is dropping it and cracking the glass from low height. What are you guys getting?
    Spigen already has screen protectors for he N4 and they will soon offer there own bumper case that will come with screen protector at better price than Google's case. Give it some time I am sure Seidio,Mobi, Otterbox, and Spigen will come out with cases in coming few weeks.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______