Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: nexus 4 headphones

Quote Originally Posted by Ziptied View Post
    Best reply I've read in a while!

Side note, I have a set of beats headphones from a rezound, I like em.
    Thankyousir!.... I have some Bose IEMs I got free from my credit card rewards, a SoundID 510 my gf gave me, and a $10 Jlab J3MS that works champion. All better than free in the box crap-buds.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Quote Originally Posted by soma4society View Post
    Im in general agreement with the sentiment expressed by ChromeJob.

As a 5-year user of iOS devices, (who secured a new N4 and is now eagerly ready to try Android) I don't so much care that the phone doesn't come bundled with headphones. Apple earbuds came bundled...but were of mediocre quality. What I *do* want is headphones compatible with the major features the N4 offers. So If I have to by a 3rd party pair of buds, can I be confident that a double-tap on the inline mic will pause music across streaming apps? Will the same double tap hang up a phone call? Do I have to worry about this kind of compatibility depending on the headphone manufacturer? Maybe the answer to this is an obvious "yes" but like I said, I'm new to Android.

I could care less whether the earbuds come with the phone. Don't mind picking up a pair after-market. What *do* I care about is how much of a hassle it's going to be (if any) to get consistent functionality from 3rd party headphone manufacturers. Despite their barely passable quality, iOS earbuds "just work" with the system. No muss, no fuss.
    There's an app called Headset Control IIRC, does anything you want, and more. Unlike that other phone (?), you can customize the bejeezus out of your headset controls on Android. "Somebody say 'Amen...'"
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsacomano View Post
    its fascinating to me how people like this get so worked up over a question asked out of sheer curiosity. Speaking only for myself, I was wondering what the reason was when some phones have them added to the package while others don't, especially when so allegedly cheap; who's "crying like a girl", exactly? Seems like you are extremely defensive and whiny yourself. Not all of us are so wise as to understand the economics of this business as you are!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk 2
    Sorry, wasnt fair to rope you in with the other emo posts. I too miss the days when Nokia threw in accessories, but considering the complexity and value of today's phones (really, they're small computers), I accept that you get the phone and not much else.

I got my cheap pair of Arctic sound stereo bluetooth headphones that works well with my vivid, as long as they sync up to the 4 I don't really care what headphones they come with. I can't deal with wires, I've tried everything, but in my physical job one way or another I still find a way to yank the cord

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    There's an app called Headset Control IIRC, does anything you want, and more. Unlike that other phone (?), you can customize the bejeezus out of your headset controls on Android. "Somebody say 'Amen...'"
    I got an agnostic amen for that. Thanks for the app suggestion :-)

I tried with my Samsung Galaxy S3 headphones. I even tried with other couple of head phones. Voice is not audible.I think none of them is compatible. Wondering if we need to look in for specific headphones for nexus4..

Takes a standard, 3.5mm, smartphone headset so far's I know. Either you have a defective unit, or you're doing something incorrect (not inserting it all the way)?
    Last edited by ChromeJob; 12-26-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Maybe it's due to the cost, I found here has lots of headphones.

I just picked up a set of the Apple EarPods. The sounds is great (great for earpods that is), mic works well, and the center button (play/pause/answer/end) works..... BUT the volume up and down rocker on the cord do not work.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12