Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Default Re: Qi Chargers for the Nexus 4

With the Energizer single station unit being discontinued there is a complete lack of an economical Qi solution that doesn't have a terrible flaw (like loud beeping).

got my nokia plate today... it was back on ebay within 5 minutes, unfortunately. as everyone has reported, it cycles on and off. i really don't get it though. the pillow supposedly works, and all that is is this plate stuffed into a cloth sack. i thought maybe the phone was sliding around because of the little ring in the middle, but i put my trusty mouse pad thingy on top of it and still cycled. ugh.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Thanks for sharing. I have removed the Nokia charging pad from the OP.

FWIW I picked up an LG-made Verizon-branded charging pad today at a local Verizon store. Came out to about $55 with tax. There was a demo unit out, so I popped my Nexus 4 on there and confirmed that it worked before buying. It does "feature" the annoying beeping mentioned above. Not planning on using in bedroom though.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Hey, I have received an Energizer mat and can confirm that it does indeed work with no hiccups. Only problem is that the glass back makes the phone very slippery on the matte-like finish on the Mat. Until I figure out a way to make it stay it's pretty much a nuisance and not usable.

Quote Originally Posted by ronislike View Post
    Hey, I have received an Energizer mat and can confirm that it does indeed work with no hiccups. Only problem is that the glass back makes the phone very slippery on the matte-like finish on the Mat. Until I figure out a way to make it stay it's pretty much a nuisance and not usable.
    I cut a piece of mousepad and doubleside taped it along the bottom. works great.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Qi Chargers for the Nexus 4-2012-11-22-21.13.11.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    KitN 
    akira751 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ronislike View Post
    Try one of those Sticky Pad car dashboard holders for phones, mp3 players.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulzzz View Post
    I cut a piece of mousepad and doubleside taped it along the bottom. works great.
    Might try this out !! thnx !

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Thanks for sharing.

I just picked the LG one up at the Verizon store for forty bucks. It's not that loud. If need be I'll just take out the speaker

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by Fleury14 View Post
    I just picked the LG one up at the Verizon store for forty bucks. It's not that loud. If need be I'll just take out the speaker
    i found a thread on XDA that explained how to disable the speaker. It took about 10-15 min but now charges the phone with no beep. loving it so far!
    Google Android Affectionado

Quote Originally Posted by agalvin13 View Post
    i found a thread on XDA that explained how to disable the speaker. It took about 10-15 min but now charges the phone with no beep. loving it so far!
    So far it's only beeped the one time when I put the phone on it. Fully charged and still on the pad... waiting for more beeps and nothing.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

So far it's only beeped the one time when I put the phone on it. Fully charged and still on the pad... waiting for more beeps and nothing.
    if that is true i would recommend not removing the speaker. i didnt notice it at first, but when the phone is not on it charging there is a very faint clicking noise makes me worried i messed up a circuit or something during the surgery. Once you place the phone on to charge it stops though. pretty annoying.

Can you see if your charger does the same when plugged in with no phone on it?

I am likely going to buy the official nexus charger once it comes out though.

Yeah I'm not going to mess with the innards since it's not beeping... The clicking is there on mine as well but I almost have to put my ear on it to even notice. It also clicks with the phone on it but that's at a full charge. Imma going to run the battery a bit to see if it clicks while actually charging. That's so low I'd never notice it.

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

Yeah I'm not going to mess with the innards since it's not beeping... The clicking is there on mine as well but I almost have to put my ear on it to even notice. It also clicks with the phone on it but that's at a full charge. Imma going to run the battery a bit to see if it clicks while actually charging. That's so low I'd never notice it.
    ah! I suspected that it may just be the way the charger works. If yours is doing it too then I am glad I disabled the speaker. Mine definitely stops clicking when the phone is charging so it isnt going to be a problem since every time i am in the room i am going to have my phone sitting on it.

Default Qi Chargers for the Nexus 4

Is this LG made qi charging mat that you all are referring to carry model name WCP-700?

Wanna order one from Amazon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yeah that's it.... same price at the Verizon store. They should have a demo unit set up to.
    Edit: day 2 with this and the only time it beeps is when I put the phone down on it. That's it.
    Last edited by Fleury14; 11-25-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I can confirm that the Palm Pre Touchstone does NOT work:
    Qi Chargers for the Nexus 4-uploadfromtaptalk1353894490171.jpg
    I can also confirm that the Nokia charging plate, although it seems like it's charging, it keeps cycling on and off and does NOT charge the N4.

Lastly, I can confirm that the JBL wireless charging speakers do NOT work either.

So many wireless charges don't work. I've been trying to buy one online and they're all sold out or crazy expensive and rip-off inflated priced. I'm getting really, really frustrated. :banghead:

Google and LG really need to get on their damn game and release the official charging orb already!

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
    bobjohnson201 and Dr0me like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KitN View Post
    I can confirm that the Palm Pre Touchstone does NOT work:
    Thanks for that news flash. :rolleyes: I believe Phil confirmd this a few weeks ago.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Thanks for that news flash. :rolleyes: I believe Phil confirmd this a few weeks ago.
    Didn't he also confirm that the Nexus 4 can't receive LTE data? :P
    Thanked by:
    KitN 
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Consumer Depot: WIRELESS GEAR

Just bought this wireless charger for $8.98 shipped!!

I believe it is a wireless gear 5wc800 which normally sell for around $20 - $40 and are Qi compatible.

Quote Originally Posted by HAAS599 View Post
    Consumer Depot: WIRELESS GEAR

Just bought this wireless charger for $8.98 shipped!!

I believe it is a wireless gear 5wc800 which normally sell for around $20 - $40 and are Qi compatible.
    I just clicked on the link. Currently not available
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Quote Originally Posted by raysgrumpy View Post
    I just clicked on the link. Currently not available

That didn't last long. I will post a review once it arrives. This thing may be a hunk of junk but I thought $9 was worth the gamble.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

I've been searching everywhere online and offline for a compatible wireless charger. Can't find a single damn one in stock.

This is pathetic. :banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 4

Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

Quote Originally Posted by KitN View Post
    I've been searching everywhere online and offline for a compatible wireless charger. Can't find a single damn one in stock.

This is pathetic. :banghead:

Sent from my Nexus 4
    um it took me literally 3 seconds. Amazon.com: LG Electronics WCP-700 Wireless Charging Pad - Bulk Packaging - Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

they also sell these at VZW stores.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast