Like Tree33Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #76  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Default Re: Qi Chargers for the Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by dave9851 View Post
    I know the OP says the nokia chargers won't work with the nexus...is this still holding true? I have an official nokia charging plate in the mail.
    I don't have any personal experience with Nokia chargers but I've read numerous forum posts that they do not work. Let us know of you get yours to work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I've been using a Nokia charging plate for the past 3 days without any issues.

Confirmed working with the OFFICIAL Nokia Lumia 920 charging plate. Put my nexus down on it and got the charging indicator in the battery. Verified that battery was charging by looking at battery percentage.

Correction, does not work.

It'll say charging, but it will keep going on and off. Does not "hold" it charging.

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

It'll say charging, but it will keep going on and off. Does not "hold" it charging.
    EXACTLY! Which is what I have been saying and warning people about.

I own a Nokia charging plate which I will be returning the second I get the chance, so I am speaking from first-hand use and ownership: it doesn't work with the Nexus 4.

Save your money and buy another charger like the Energizer that I posted a picture of below-- which I own as well and can CONFIRM charges the N4.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Qi Chargers for the Nexus 4-uploadfromtaptalk1354773161719.jpg  

Where do you buy the energizer one?

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

Where do you buy the energizer one?
    I got mine from Amazon. Its been "temporarily out of stock" on and off for weeks so keep your eyes on it or just put in an order for one and when Amazon gets them in stock they will ship them out to you immediately.

Note: Amazon does NOT charge you until they ship it out to you so you loose nothing by putting in an order while looking for another one in stock somewhere else.

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Thanked by 2:

This eBay seller has "more than 10" Energizer dual station units available for Buy-It-Now price $59.95 plus $8.05 Priority Mail shipping.

I just ordered one so that my N4 and my wife's can spend the night together on the pad while we spend the night together in bed. Sort of romantic, don't you think?

Thanked by 2:
    evo_MRKitN 

thanks for the link! just ordered this off ebay and hopefully it'll arrive with my nexus 4

My Energizer pad is awesome! No beeps at all. Only annoyance is the blue LED shining in my room at night. I find that my phone stays on "Charged" a lot longer after being charged on it then the cable before dropping in percentage.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

I can confirm that the Nokia charger works with the N4 only when it's placed centered with the bottom of the N4 between 1/4 to 1/2 inch above the bottom of the charging plate. Just charged it to 100% last night. Cheers!
    Thanked by:
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #87  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Quote Originally Posted by Tsaan View Post
    I can confirm that the Nokia charger works with the N4 only when it's placed centered with the bottom of the N4 between 1/4 to 1/2 inch above the bottom of the charging plate. Just charged it to 100% last night. Cheers!
    Now that you know the spot, can you get it to reliably charge on the first placement or do you have to fiddle with it for I couple seconds to get it on the base just right?

Anyway you can post a short video tutorial? A lot of people can't seem to get it to work.

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HAAS599 View Post
    Now that you know the spot, can you get it to reliably charge on the first placement or do you have to fiddle with it for I couple seconds to get it on the base just right?

Anyway you can post a short video tutorial? A lot of people can't seem to get it to work.

Sure. I would say that once you know the spot it's pretty reliable placement. It's kind of an inconvenience so I wouldn't recommend buying this charger if there are alternatives.

Last edited by Tsaan; 12-07-2012 at 04:56 PM.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    524 Global Posts

It'll say its charging but actually loosing battery...

Anyway, I was able to get it to charge but very very very slowly. In more than 3.5 hours I was able to get a sh*tty 12%. And that wasn't even to 100%!!!

I could have gone from 0 to 100 in less time with my Energizer! Hell, I could have gotten more juice from a solar power charger at midnight!

No thanks. Too many hoops. Too many hangups. Too unreliable. Too many other working options to pay money for that torture.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    This eBay seller has "more than 10" Energizer dual station units available for Buy-It-Now price $59.95 plus $8.05 Priority Mail shipping.

I just ordered one so that my N4 and my wife's can spend the night together on the pad while we spend the night together in bed. Sort of romantic, don't you think?

If women though that was romantic, I would be a regular Casanova.

Sent from my Nexus 4

I want OEM charger. Oh well energizer here I come

Darn! Had hoped my Powermat charger would work, but it doesn't...

ROM
    KK 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Tsaan View Post
    Sure. I would say that once you know the spot it's pretty reliable placement. It's kind of an inconvenience so I wouldn't recommend buying this charger if there are alternatives.
    Thanks for the video. What's the live wallpaper you're using? I don't recall the old grass LWP either having clouds or being available on the stock Nexus.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Anybody have any experience of charging the N4 on the Nokia Charging Stand? That's the upright one, not the flat one

I just got my LG WCP-700 wireless pad at Verizon and it works great! Beeps once when you first put it on and that's all... No other beeping or buzzing!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Coyote View Post
    Thanks for the video. What's the live wallpaper you're using? I don't recall the old grass LWP either having clouds or being available on the stock Nexus.
    It's called Beautiful Widgets Live that came with the paid Beautiful Widgets app.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts

Now this looks interesting (apologies if it's been discussed before)

It's a QI stand similar to the Nokia charging stand but made by Maxell. Can't find much info about it unfortunately (don't even know if it's actually available!!) but looks to be an option for those who want an upright charging solution.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by 08BlackWRX View Post
    I just got my LG WCP-700 wireless pad at Verizon and it works great! Beeps once when you first put it on and that's all... No other beeping or buzzing!
    I agree I picked one up last week as well and I love it, I don't mind the first initial beep because it lets me know I placed it in the right spot but I was worried it would start beeping again once it hit 100% and the charge shut off. I can confirm it only beeps the first time you place the phone on that charger after that it's silent wireless bliss

Has anyone seen, or could some of these be adapted to work as a car charger?

I was thinking of placing one in my car dock, but didn't know if:

1) it would be to wide/large to still hold the device and
    2) if the power adapter could be modified to use in the car power port.

I think it would be very slick to drop your device in your car dock and having start charging without plugging anything in.

... and it would be really nice to have a 'universal' type mat/pad that you could add to your existing car dock.

Could some of you post pics of your N4 on their chargers ... just to show size and placement .. Thanks!
    Last edited by goldentuna; 12-10-2012 at 03:55 PM.

ROM
    Jelly Bean

I ordered the Energizer Single Inductive Charger from shopblt.com for $45.09

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast