Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Default Re: Qi Chargers for the Nexus 4

Why would you spend 80$? I got mine for 25$.
    EWY

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts

I paid about $58. I though it was worth it. $80 is a stretch but then at least it is available.
    I mean I rather pay $80 for a charger than $100 for a bumper.
    There might be some folks who are willing to get it at this price.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

my Energize Qi charger arrived yesterday. Love the dual device pad since the wife and I can now charge and still have an open space in the receptacle AND not have to plug anything in.

Quote Originally Posted by EWY View Post
    Just found this. There are still 4 available. Get it before it is gone.

LG WCP-700 Wireless Charging Pad
    Thanks. I saw that, but I wasn't paying $80 bucks for it. It's out of stock now anyway.

Fortunately, I went to a Verizon store today and asked if they had one. They didn't, but another store in the area had one left in stock. I called them up and they're holding it for me until I can pick it up tomorrow. If you still want one, I suggest going into a Verizon store and seeing if they or a nearby store has them. The salesperson said that a newer model was replacing it "soon."

It was out on display and plugged in so I tried it. Worked perfectly with my N4 with the bumpers from the Play Store on the phone. I actually don't want the newer model that's going to replace it, the WCP-800 I think. From the picture I saw, It looks like the phone has to be positioned vertically on the charger. That's too risky for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Small_law View Post
    ... From the picture I saw, It looks like the phone has to be positioned vertically on the charger. That's too risky for me.
    If it's fixed (can't lower it so it's flat on the table), then that will work fine for a square-bottom phone, but the N4 has a slightly rounded shape, right? $OOPS

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I'm in for two of these.. Next to bed and at office... Thanks for link.

The uniden charger...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    HAAS599 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #132  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Paranoid Android

Got a ZENS wireless charger for Christmas. It's awesome. No beeps. Big contact patch. Looks cool. Of anyone has any questions about it, ask away.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HAAS599 View Post
    Got a ZENS wireless charger for Christmas. It's awesome. No beeps. Big contact patch. Looks cool. Of anyone has any questions about it, ask away.

How many % per hour does it charge? Does that one charge through a TPU case okay? Does the device slide off, or does it stay in place even when bare? I have the LG and am very pleased with it. I disabled the speaker, so no more annoying beeps. I think I am going to cover the flashing charge light next, it is annoying!
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #134  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Paranoid Android

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger09 View Post
    How many % per hour does it charge? Does that one charge through a TPU case okay? Does the device slide off, or does it stay in place even when bare? I have the LG and am very pleased with it. I disabled the speaker, so no more annoying beeps. I think I am going to cover the flashing charge light next, it is annoying!
    The base is flat and level so nothing can slide off. It has a light but it is blue and not very bright. Just enough to see that it is charging. It charges through cases as well as any other qi charger. I will do a test to see about charging speed tonight. It does get pretty warm when charging but not hot.

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #135  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Paranoid Android

68% @ 9:57

99% @ 11:03

I will do another test tomorrow and try to check it before it peaks. I'm not sure how long it was at 99% or if it was still charging. I'm going to try to get my battery below 50% and let it charge for an hour and see how it does.

Avenger likes this.

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts

Thanks for the data, seems comparable to the LG. I need another and the one you have I can get cheaper than the LG.

So been calling around to all the verizon stores for about 3 weeks now trying to find an LG charging pad. no luck. Was told several times to order one. finally made it into the store today to order it and talked with the manager. apparently they can no longer order it and he said it may be because a new version might be coming out. So after looking online alot i ended up goin with the energizer 3 (actual 2) position charger. Was $55 and shipping from GA (off amazon). Looked at some one postition (not energizer) but they all seemed to be coming from china and wouldn't be in for at least 3 weeks and most priced about $60 before shipping. Even though its more than i need its cheaper and i can get it next week. But since i ordered, my luck we'll see the official one be announced in 2 weeks.

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

HAAS599, HTCTundaBow and vtmf5 like this.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

I got given a Maxwell Air Voltage charger for Xmas and it works like a charm, seems to charge about as quickly as on mains.

Bright blue LED not ideal, but the charging area is large enough that you can hide it with the phone.

When not in use it makes a ticking noise, not something you'd notice unless you have it near your head though.
    HAAS599 and DogPsyche like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HAAS599 View Post

Any way you can provide some pix???? I am thinking of getting this one as well

Quote Originally Posted by RustyU View Post
    I got given a Maxwell Air Voltage charger for Xmas and it works like a charm, seems to charge about as quickly as on mains.

Bright blue LED not ideal, but the charging area is large enough that you can hide it with the phone.

When not in use it makes a ticking noise, not something you'd notice unless you have it near your head though.
    Whet can we find these? My searching hasn't turned any up.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by LNWJ View Post
    Now this is something I will buy!

Quote Originally Posted by HTCTundaBow View Post
    Now this is something I will buy!
    There is one major issue with this charger. It stops charging when you hit 100%. I left it overnight and I think it was at 85% when I woke up. In theory its great but it has to be able to hold the charge at 100% and this charger won't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by theween04 View Post
    There is one major issue with this charger. It stops charging when you hit 100%. I left it overnight and I think it was at 85% when I woke up. In theory its great but it has to be able to hold the charge at 100% and this charger won't do that.
    hmmmm so it won't keep it at 100%? That's strange.

Global Posts
    158 Global Posts

Odd indeed.

Mine stops charging at 100%, but will start again if it drops too much.

Pretty hard to find ANY qi chargers right now in the US.

Guess I'll wait and pick one up later.

That's what I wanted to find out... I was at an ATT store today and saw the Nokia pad and put my phone down and started charging and was stoked because surprised it worked and also using a cruzerlite TPU case. But it kept going back and forth between showing Charging 75% and battery 75% and wanted to see if that was normal or should it just constantly say Charging. Too bad because it's a really nice looking base and for $50 not bad

Quote Originally Posted by dave9851 View Post
    Correction, does not work.

It'll say charging, but it will keep going on and off. Does not "hold" it charging.

Just joined the gang with the lg wcp-700, good stuff.

Sent from my mako ()

I purchased the Maxell Air Voltage charger for my Nexus 4. It charges the phone just as fast as the wall charger. But I turned my phone off last night before going to bed, and placed it on the pad to charge. When i woke this morning, the blue LED was still lit on the pad, I picked the phone up off the pad, and the phone was hot. Not at melting point or anything lol, but hot to touch on the back. Turned it on, and the battery was 83%
    So my conclusion is the pad is only good for charging the phone, then once the pad turns off, you should really remove the phone. As the pad isn't designed to 'trickle' charge devices, to keep them at 100% charge? Am i right in thinking this ?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast