Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Global Posts
    367 Global Posts

Default Re: Qi Chargers for the Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    This eBay seller has "more than 10" Energizer dual station units available for Buy-It-Now price $59.95 plus $8.05 Priority Mail shipping.

I just ordered one so that my N4 and my wife's can spend the night together on the pad while we spend the night together in bed. Sort of romantic, don't you think?

Energizer Battery IC2B US Qi Enabled 3 Position Inductive Charger Black | eBay
    I bought one for my boyfriend too and thought the same thing about romantic. Hope she liked it!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TimInIreland View Post
    So my conclusion is the pad is only good for charging the phone, then once the pad turns off, you should really remove the phone. As the pad isn't designed to 'trickle' charge devices, to keep them at 100% charge? Am i right in thinking this ?
    My Maxwell turns on and off as and when it needs to.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyU View Post
    My Maxwell turns on and off as and when it needs to.
    But why after 8 hours of my phone sitting on it, was the battery only 83%, thats what I cant understand..

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I got tired of waiting and just ordered this one off ebay. I had wireless charging with my pre's and really miss it.
    New Qi Standard Wireless Charger Pad for Samsung Galaxy S3 NOTE2 NEXUS4 8x LTE2 | eBay

I were looking to get the Zens wireless single charger, unfortunately, it's out of stock at ShopAndroid...ugh bummer!!!

Quote Originally Posted by danimal62 View Post
    I got tired of waiting and just ordered this one off ebay. I had wireless charging with my pre's and really miss it.
    New Qi Standard Wireless Charger Pad for Samsung Galaxy S3 NOTE2 NEXUS4 8x LTE2 | eBay
    Nice.... be sure to let us all know how it works out.

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TimInIreland View Post
    But why after 8 hours of my phone sitting on it, was the battery only 83%, thats what I cant understand..
    I have a similar problem with the Panasonic TM-101. It always charges to 100% then switches off allowing slow discharge on phone. Not a problem if I am using phone during day as it starts charging as soon as placed back on charger.
    My work around at night is to have a mains timer switch switch the charger Off/ON at around 5am. This initiates another charge cycle. Start the day at or near 100%.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

I have been using the charger a couple of days now. It doesn't like my tpu case I have figured that out. It does get it it close to 97 % and then shuts off. I haven't left it on there long enough after charge to figure out if it will kick back on at some point. This charging system seems to be a lot more finicky than the Palm system. I noticed though the phone does not get warm so thats a good thing.

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Mine charges fully with the eBay "S- Line" TPU case on

Qi Wireless Charger Pad/Plate for Nexus4, Lumia 920, HTC 8X, Droid DNA. CANADA | eBay
    I bought mine from ebay and it worked well, the charging time is about 3 hours to like 90%, which is all good.
    the price is pretty good imo plus they seller is from canada and he ships to canada/usa pretty fast.
    Last edited by Ray Hsu; 02-01-2013 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyU View Post
    Mine charges fully with the eBay "S- Line" TPU case on
    Which charger are you using?

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Maxell Air Voltage
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #163  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Anyone interested in a Qi Car Dock?

CarPad/G for Nexus 4 n Qi OwlPad Shop

I like the design of TYLT VU as it says it is stylish. By the way when will the phone companies bring out phones with Qi circuit that already integrated in the phones? Isn't it time to do it yet? or wait for another few years just to see if it actually happens? No clue.

One issue I see with the TYLT VU is that it has an output current of 1 A compared to the Nexus 4 wall charger that supports 1.2 A. This, combined with some definite loss during the wireless charging process, will mean much longer charging time.

Hi there, I brought a qi charging plate and it sometimes works with my case on a other times is doesn't. One thing I have noticed is that the phone gets really hot. The other night I was charging the phone with the case on and GPS and wifi enabled. The phoned display came on and the screen started flickering. Panicked, rebooted it and all seems OK now. Bit wary about using the charging plate now though

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    151 Global Posts

Induction will generate heat, it's unavoidable

Interesting wireless charging and stereo dock...

Nokia JBL Power Up Speaker
    Set Your Location

I just bought the LG WCP700 from Amazon (free 2 day prime shipping). The pad was basically new still plastic wrapped. It works perfectly with the nexus 4 like it was made for it. The rubberized texture and bowl like shape is perfect for the slippery glass back of the nexus. I have been trying to find this LG one for a while, but it seems like amazon has them for the time being. I've tried 3rd party brands but they are not as good as this one. The beep is not annoying at all (it beeps when you put it on, to know that its charging, and once when its done).
    Amazon.com: Buying Choices: LG WCP-700 Portable Power Mat Home and Office Charging Pad

Global Posts
    2,597 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (soon to be PA3)

Quote Originally Posted by m733 View Post
    By the way when will the phone companies bring out phones with Qi circuit that already integrated in the phones? Isn't it time to do it yet? or wait for another few years just to see if it actually happens? No clue.
    Are you asking when phones with built-in Qi compatibility (as opposed to having to use some sort of shell with Qi) will be released? Because the Nexus 4 (which is what this thread is about) does have Qi functionality.

Quote Originally Posted by tonybyatt View Post
    Interesting wireless charging and stereo dock...

Nokia JBL Power Up Speaker
    Set Your Location
    I wonder if the NFC bluetooth pairing would work with the Nexus 4 as well. I suppose it could be set up to turn on BlueTooth when it detects the NFC signal and auto-pair?

I bought the lg wcp-700 first. Works perfectly for me.

Then I bought the one mentioned above (Samsung Galaxy S3 / Note2 / ...) off eBay. It's much more finicky. What's wild is the magnet that will slowly move the phone to the middle of the pad. I can't seem to get it charging all the time. Maybe because the phone is already fully charged? I'll have to work with it some more.?.

Looks like the ZENS wireless charger is back in stock at shopandroid.com

Mine is on the way
    Thanked by:
    HAAS599 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Therambler View Post
    Looks like the ZENS wireless charger is back in stock at shopandroid.com

Mine is on the way
    Use 'Save15' at checkout like I did and Save 15 %, bringing the total somewhere around $41. A pretty good deal.
    Thanked by:
    HAAS599 likes this.

Thanks Fearless. I just picked one up a Zens at shopandroid.com and used the save code and it worked! I picked up a car mount too so I'd get free shipping.
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast