Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789
Like Tree33Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #201  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Default Re: Qi Chargers for the Nexus 4

Anyone have any tips on how to hook up a qi charger in your car?

Quote Originally Posted by HAAS599 View Post
    You might have to hard wire it. A lot of the 12v lighter/power adapters to 5v USB are limited to less than 1A, usually 500mA - 750mA, so it would be a really slow charge after qi losses..

I have two Nokia Wireless Charging Plates and can report that while my Nexus 4 reports being in a charging state for the entirety of sitting on any of the two plates, it will only charge up 90% and stay at the range-even if left over night. It seems that the Nokia Plates are capable of charging the battery at any capacity below 90% but cannot hangle the last 10%. The Nokia Wireless Charge Plate has a rated output of 750mA while the Nexus 4 Wireless Charger is rated at 1A (1,000mA). I find it interesting that at 750mA, the Nokia Plates are capable of handling 90% of total capacity.
    Thanked by:

I found out that if you align the left borders of the nexus & nokia charger you can get a steady charge. Needs confirmation.

EDIT: It seems to work better, it will cycle 2-5 times then get a "stable connection" it's just matter of luck, anyway, even if you manage to find the right spot... it is very slow, about 20% in 4 hours.

Conclusion:
    Don't even try, don't waste your money

And some evidence:
    Charging graph using nokia qi charger.

Seems I'm stuck with this charger :/
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #205  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

Jerry bought a Nokia pad. Lets all wish him good luck.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/11472170...ts/GcJRMTsMM82

Jerry bought a Nokia pad. Lets all wish him good luck.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/11472170...ts/GcJRMTsMM82
    Rotsa ruck, suckah. ,:|

No really, wish him luck. But based on other reports of the Nokia only putting out 750mA, I think Nexus 4 charging will be disappointing.

Spend the $50 on a WCP-400. Keep it clean. Enjoy fast, reliable charging. Done.
    Sent by accident, not using the Android Central app
    Nexus 4 (Mako), Amaze 4G on T-Mobile. Nexus 7 16GB. Google Chromebook (2012 Samsung 16gb). Next stop, a Google flush toilet.
    Did I solve your problem? Hit the Thanks button. Was I just a nuisance? Sorry, can't bat .400 every day.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Hey all the Tylt Vu is on kick starter right now. It's about 2/3 of its way to its goal for funding. To me this is the best looking and functioning qi charger out there. It has multiple charging coils to support easy placement and holds the phone at an angle so you can use it as a stand or bed side clock as well. This is the first kick starter I have backed as it seems like such a cool product. Now that the early early bird backing level ($39) is all filled the Vu is available for $49. It will be $69 when it hits retail. While its not the cheapest charger, it is with in the range of most qi chargers and seems to provide the most bang for the buck to me. I also like the fact that this will be a universal charger and should work with your next phone (hopefully the nexus 5 and moto X will support qi charging out of the box). If you are interested in this charger go to kick starter check it our and back the project.
    TYLT VU Wireless Charger - with free positioning technology by Kannyn MacRae — Kickstarter

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeJob View Post
    Rotsa ruck, suckah. ,:|

No really, wish him luck. But based on other reports of the Nokia only putting out 750mA, I think Nexus 4 charging will be disappointing.

Spend the $50 on a WCP-400. Keep it clean. Enjoy fast, reliable charging. Done.
    Or spend $40 on the WCP-300, and don't worry about keeping it clean.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by joelkamp View Post
    Hey all the Tylt Vu is on kick starter right now. It's about 2/3 of its way to its goal for funding. To me this is the best looking and functioning qi charger out there. It has multiple charging coils to support easy placement and holds the phone at an angle so you can use it as a stand or bed side clock as well. This is the first kick starter I have backed as it seems like such a cool product. Now that the early early bird backing level ($39) is all filled the Vu is available for $49. It will be $69 when it hits retail. While its not the cheapest charger, it is with in the range of most qi chargers and seems to provide the most bang for the buck to me. I also like the fact that this will be a universal charger and should work with your next phone (hopefully the nexus 5 and moto X will support qi charging out of the box). If you are interested in this charger go to kick starter check it our and back the project.
    TYLT VU Wireless Charger - with free positioning technology by Kannyn MacRae — Kickstarter
    They finally reached their goal and I just jumped on this today for $49. Also my first time using kickstarter and I am a bit confused on where and when to enter my shipping info and color choice. But I assume that will be taken care of tomorrow when it officially ends.

I got crazy lucky with the KickStarter on the Vu - someone dropped out of the Early Early Bird group, and left a seat open at the $39 price. I jumped in and got in for two at that price (not quite 50% off of their projected retail price), so basically two for the price of one, with free shipping.

CAR CHARGERS

CarPad/G for Nexus 4

DESK/TABLE TOP CHARGERS

Official Google Wireless Charger

TYLT VU Wireless charger (Very Stylish)

Energizer Single or Dual Charger

Oregon Scientific Digital Clock & Charger (Pictures and review @ Non-Nokia Charging Plates - Windows Phone Central Forums)

LG Charging Pad

QI Wireless Charger Charging Pad & Adapter for SGS3 (Might be a good deal if a family member already has a SGS3)

Zens Single & Dual Wireless Chargers

Maxell Air Voltage Charging Mat (Seems to only be available in Europe)

Maxell Charger Stand

Philips Wireless Charger (Seems to only be available in Europe)

Consumer Depot: WIRELESS GEAR (ONLY $4.99!!!!!)

Qi Wireless Charger Pad/Plate for Nexus4 on eBay (Ships from Canada and sold by Ray Hsu in the forums)

FastTech Qi Inductive Wireless Charger (Good Deal - $35 and free shipping)

EDIT: The Nokia charging plate has been proven to work with the Nexus 4 but the sweet spot is very small, it charges much slower when compared to other Qi chargers, and charging tends to be intermittent and not reliable. Because of this, all Nokia branded chargers are not recommended. If you have done any testing with the JBL speaker, fatboy pillow, or the charging stand, please post your results.

If anyone knows of any other Qi chargers or if you have any experience with any Qi chargers then post here.
    Could you include the Qitah wireless charger? We're crowd funding right now, check out the awesome video, I star in it so it's kinda funny
    It works with all Qi phones, and the Nexus4 and Nexus7(2013).

Cheers!
    Tapan.

NEW Mount Cradle Holder Smart FIT2 FOR LG WCP 300 QI Wireless Phone Charger | eBay
    if you have the lg wcp-300 QI Charger...

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts

Has anyone tried the Anker one on amazon: Amazon.com: (UPGRADED) Anker® Qi-Enabled Single-Position Wireless Charger Charging Pad - White (AC Adapter Not Included but Micro USB Cable): Cell Phones & Accessories. I am looking at getting a N4 since my gnex screen is busted. The $100 off on them now makes it hard to pass up.

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

If you can find the CHOE Qi wireless chargers then get one,i understand they are Qi standard, that means you can charge any Qi-enabled devices.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789