Qi Chargers for the Nexus 4

m733

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I like the design of TYLT VU as it says it is stylish. By the way when will the phone companies bring out phones with Qi circuit that already integrated in the phones? Isn't it time to do it yet? or wait for another few years just to see if it actually happens? No clue.

VSG28

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
One issue I see with the TYLT VU is that it has an output current of 1 A compared to the Nexus 4 wall charger that supports 1.2 A. This, combined with some definite loss during the wireless charging process, will mean much longer charging time.

dannytommyb

Jan 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi there, I brought a qi charging plate and it sometimes works with my case on a other times is doesn't. One thing I have noticed is that the phone gets really hot. The other night I was charging the phone with the case on and GPS and wifi enabled. The phoned display came on and the screen started flickering. Panicked, rebooted it and all seems OK now. Bit wary about using the charging plate now though

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

3nexus

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the LG WCP700 from Amazon (free 2 day prime shipping). The pad was basically new still plastic wrapped. It works perfectly with the nexus 4 like it was made for it. The rubberized texture and bowl like shape is perfect for the slippery glass back of the nexus. I have been trying to find this LG one for a while, but it seems like amazon has them for the time being. I've tried 3rd party brands but they are not as good as this one. The beep is not annoying at all (it beeps when you put it on, to know that its charging, and once when its done).
Amazon.com: Buying Choices: LG WCP-700 Portable Power Mat Home and Office Charging Pad

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
By the way when will the phone companies bring out phones with Qi circuit that already integrated in the phones? Isn't it time to do it yet? or wait for another few years just to see if it actually happens? No clue.

Are you asking when phones with built-in Qi compatibility (as opposed to having to use some sort of shell with Qi) will be released? Because the Nexus 4 (which is what this thread is about) does have Qi functionality.

RickInHouston

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I bought the lg wcp-700 first. Works perfectly for me.

Then I bought the one mentioned above (Samsung Galaxy S3 / Note2 / ...) off eBay. It's much more finicky. What's wild is the magnet that will slowly move the phone to the middle of the pad. I can't seem to get it charging all the time. Maybe because the phone is already fully charged? I'll have to work with it some more.?.

mike9186

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Fearless. I just picked one up a Zens at shopandroid.com and used the save code and it worked! I picked up a car mount too so I'd get free shipping.

sjsmr2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I picked up one of the Zens Qi Chargers too last night and used the save15 code. I also got a case for my girlfriends GSII Skyrocket so I would get free shipping.

sjsmr2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Just got my Zens Qi Wireless Charger from ShopAndroid.com. It works great. 5 minutes on the charging plate and I am already up 3%. I am very impressed. No more wear and tear on the USB port for me.

mike9186

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
got my Zens charger and just set it up. Works great even with the Kay's Case I have on the phone. For the money I don't think you can go wrong.