Qi Chargers for the Nexus 4

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
For the people that bought WCP-700 chargers, did you get them recently? Were they available in-store? It seems like the world's supply of these things has dried up.

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I got my LG Verizon Wireless Charger WCP-700 last week on eBay. The seller indicated more than 10 was available. I just checked again and there is no more for sale. I guess once people found out this charger works, it sold out fast.

EWY

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I paid about $58. I though it was worth it. $80 is a stretch but then at least it is available.
I mean I rather pay $80 for a charger than $100 for a bumper.
There might be some folks who are willing to get it at this price.

m.clizzle

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
my Energize Qi charger arrived yesterday. Love the dual device pad since the wife and I can now charge and still have an open space in the receptacle AND not have to plug anything in.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Just found this. There are still 4 available. Get it before it is gone.

LG WCP-700 Wireless Charging Pad

Thanks. I saw that, but I wasn't paying $80 bucks for it. It's out of stock now anyway.

Fortunately, I went to a Verizon store today and asked if they had one. They didn't, but another store in the area had one left in stock. I called them up and they're holding it for me until I can pick it up tomorrow. If you still want one, I suggest going into a Verizon store and seeing if they or a nearby store has them. The salesperson said that a newer model was replacing it "soon."

It was out on display and plugged in so I tried it. Worked perfectly with my N4 with the bumpers from the Play Store on the phone. I actually don't want the newer model that's going to replace it, the WCP-800 I think. From the picture I saw, It looks like the phone has to be positioned vertically on the charger. That's too risky for me.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
... From the picture I saw, It looks like the phone has to be positioned vertically on the charger. That's too risky for me.
If it's fixed (can't lower it so it's flat on the table), then that will work fine for a square-bottom phone, but the N4 has a slightly rounded shape, right? $OOPS

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Got a ZENS wireless charger for Christmas. It's awesome. No beeps. Big contact patch. Looks cool. Of anyone has any questions about it, ask away.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Avenger

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Got a ZENS wireless charger for Christmas. It's awesome. No beeps. Big contact patch. Looks cool. Of anyone has any questions about it, ask away.

How many % per hour does it charge? Does that one charge through a TPU case okay? Does the device slide off, or does it stay in place even when bare? I have the LG and am very pleased with it. I disabled the speaker, so no more annoying beeps. I think I am going to cover the flashing charge light next, it is annoying!

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
How many % per hour does it charge? Does that one charge through a TPU case okay? Does the device slide off, or does it stay in place even when bare? I have the LG and am very pleased with it. I disabled the speaker, so no more annoying beeps. I think I am going to cover the flashing charge light next, it is annoying!

The base is flat and level so nothing can slide off. It has a light but it is blue and not very bright. Just enough to see that it is charging. It charges through cases as well as any other qi charger. I will do a test to see about charging speed tonight. It does get pretty warm when charging but not hot.

HAAS599

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
68% @ 9:57

99% @ 11:03

I will do another test tomorrow and try to check it before it peaks. I'm not sure how long it was at 99% or if it was still charging. I'm going to try to get my battery below 50% and let it charge for an hour and see how it does.

Avenger

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the data, seems comparable to the LG. I need another and the one you have I can get cheaper than the LG.

tejasoffroad

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
So been calling around to all the verizon stores for about 3 weeks now trying to find an LG charging pad. no luck. Was told several times to order one. finally made it into the store today to order it and talked with the manager. apparently they can no longer order it and he said it may be because a new version might be coming out. So after looking online alot i ended up goin with the energizer 3 (actual 2) position charger. Was $55 and shipping from GA (off amazon). Looked at some one postition (not energizer) but they all seemed to be coming from china and wouldn't be in for at least 3 weeks and most priced about $60 before shipping. Even though its more than i need its cheaper and i can get it next week. But since i ordered, my luck we'll see the official one be announced in 2 weeks.

RustyU

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
I got given a Maxwell Air Voltage charger for Xmas and it works like a charm, seems to charge about as quickly as on mains.

Bright blue LED not ideal, but the charging area is large enough that you can hide it with the phone.

When not in use it makes a ticking noise, not something you'd notice unless you have it near your head though.

The Rambler

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site

Any way you can provide some pix???? I am thinking of getting this one as well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz