Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By JaxChris
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Banned

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Default Where are the cases for the Nexus 4?!

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places but it seems like theres a definite lack of support for the Nexus 4 by case manufacturers? The Nexus 4 is a popular device no??

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Default Re: Where are the cases for the Nexus 4?!

The phone is not sold in local retail stores so I think that is a main reason we aren't seeing many cases just yet. I doubt will see many at t mobile as well.

I contacted incipio and they are still in the production stage of there cases.

Spigen is also a few weeks away from bringing there cases to the market.

I'm getting a square trade warranty for $7 a month once my backorder gets here. Hopefully we see cases in a few weeks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Google and LG didn't send out case samples to the manufacturers for them to test against and have products ready prior to launch day.
    Ziptied likes this.

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

My case arrived but no phone. Im probably the only person whose case arrived before the phone ever did. Case is definitely lightweight, the trim is rubbery with plastic portions. Had my girlfriend model it for me. sorry for the crappy pics, all we had was an ipad at the time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Where are the cases for the Nexus 4?!-img-20121120-wa0000.jpg   Where are the cases for the Nexus 4?!-image.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    donec 

Quote Originally Posted by mayastig View Post
    My case arrived but no phone. Im probably the only person whose case arrived before the phone ever did. Case is definitely lightweight, the trim is rubbery with plastic portions. Had my girlfriend model it for me. sorry for the crappy pics, all we had was an ipad at the time.
    Same here, it's not so much fun to have a case that is good for nothing but staring at. Oh well hopefully the phone gets here tomorrow or Wednesday!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts

well now that makes the two of us.

Ionic SLIM FLEX Protective Cases $9.85 + $2.97 shipping Dec. 1

KaysCase Slim Soft Gel Cover Case $9.99 + $3.98 shipping In Stock

KaysCase Slim Hard Shell Cover $10.99 + $3.98 shipping Nov. 29

i-Blason Slim Fit S Line Flexible TPU Case $9.95 + $4.98 shipping In Stock

Ionic GUARDIAN Armor Case $9.85 + $2.97 shipping Dec 1

I ordered the i-Blason case on eBay a few days back from China. Gonna take a bit but was only 3.90 total with shipping. The Armor case has me interested but I think the cheapy TPU case with my cheapy Lumii Ark screen protectors will work till a big boy case maker comes out with one.

The KaysCase Slim Hard Shell Cover Case is very tempting.

I need someone to make a case that has a clip on holster.

For the OtterBox fans, it looks like we're SOL. They say they have no plans to make one:

OtterBox Header

Dear Grey,

Unfortunately, we do not have plans to develop a case for that device at this time. I would recommend keeping an eye on our website, iPhone cases, iPad cases, DROID cases and more by OtterBox | OtterBox.com, and Facebook page, as they will have the most up to date information for every new release.

Please feel free to reply to this email if you have any additional questions.

Customer Service Representative

P: (855) 688-7269

OtterBox
    Semper Fi
    I love my Moto X 2014!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

I called Otterbox - they were very rude and the rep said they will not be making any cases for the Google Nexus 4 now or in the near future. I believe they love iphones !lol

I ordered the Ionic Guardian case which says it will not be shipped till Dec 1st. It reminds me of the Ballistic case i have for my Epic Touch 4g. Rubber soft inner and a hard plastic outer that surrounds it and it looks like it has more protection on the outer corners. So in the meantime I ordered a KaysCase S-Line gel cover to hold me over.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    Banned

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Man its a shame theres so few options but at thanks to everyone here I've found a few more option!

Global Posts
    9,774 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Guys (and Gals), the phone was recently released. There has been a lot of hype with this device and the demand for accessories will be good enough to warrant choices in the near future. Just be patient and cases will start to show up. In the meantime, settle for something available now and get something else later when there's more selection. If you need to, blame Google and LG for not working with accessory companies to produce high quality cases at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexus23 View Post
    The KaysCase Slim Hard Shell Cover Case is very tempting.
    So the case has just shipped today. Ill let you guys know how it is when I receive it.

Check out this case + screen protector deal for black friday. It's only $8.88. LG Google Nexus 4 Case

I haven't seen too many other cases or deals tho.
    Thanked by:

I'm hoping Speck will make one of there Fitted cases for the Nexus 4 as I love the feel of there cases. I have submitted a ticket into them just as I did to get the Fit Folio case made for the Nexus 7, please take a minute to vote if they get enough votes for it they will produce it. Due to the lack of good cases out there I don't think we can afford to pass this one up

Example of the Fitted case

Link to vote

Link to the original Nexus 7 request which actually got released