Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyone rocking a screen protector?

I got my Nexus 4 two days ago and I was wondering if anyone was using a screen protector or not. Just looking for feedback on real world usage.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forum.
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone rocking a screen protector?

Dude, best thing to do on any phone is a screen protector, I have ordered one from eBay called XtremeGuard full body protector, very much necessary for this phone, also look into any kind of case for the back to keep it safe too, hear horror stories from some people who bought a N4 and I hear from some people they are very strong so it just leads me to believe that the back glass may have flaws in them that may be from batch to batch or something like that, so yes for protection, you may want to keep it bare but it is costly.

XtremeGuard full body protector is only $3.99 and it compares with that of the XO Skin but the XtremeGuard is a little harder if you use a stylus on it so XO is softer and they are $22.99, difference is is with the XtremeGuard you have to make your own solution of water spray that includes a little dishwashing liquid soap in it.
    Last edited by Arctic Prodigy; 11-22-2012 at 04:09 PM.

I've been looking for a screen AND back protector. I've seen a couple (Skinomi an Xtreme Guard), but the idea that you have to wet it to apply makes me a bit leary. The idea of getting any electronic device wet doesn't sit well with me. Are there any skins or clear films for the screen and back that can be applied dry?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by sonicresidue View Post
    I've been looking for a screen AND back protector. I've seen a couple (Skinomi an Xtreme Guard), but the idea that you have to wet it to apply makes me a bit leary. The idea of getting any electronic device wet doesn't sit well with me. Are there any skins or clear films for the screen and back that can be applied dry?
    Clarivue is coming out with a dry application full body protector on the 29th. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you can buy the back part separately. I heard someone got a response from sgp stating they would be making a dry application back protector in the near future, although I haven't confirmed it. Here is a link to clarivue: LG Google Nexus 4 Ultra-Clear Screen Protector from Clarivue
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by cluckkillerb View Post
    Clarivue is coming out with a dry application full body protector on the 29th. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like you can buy the back part separately. I heard someone got a response from sgp stating they would be making a dry application back protector in the near future, although I haven't confirmed it. Here is a link to clarivue: LG Google Nexus 4 Ultra-Clear Screen Protector from Clarivue
    Looks like it's 25% for Black Friday too (ends the 26th). I've been looking for a front and back quality dry protector.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

On my play store variant, I left the ones that come on it there, took a pencil eraser to remove the power and + - logos from it. works great so far.
    Google it.
    Banned

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Actually if you ended up getting a case or the bumper for it at the same time, not sure about bumper but if case could keep the edges down on the skin that came on the phone, it shouldn't peel off so quickly.

Is it weird that I have just left the screen protector the phone came with on? I may end up getting another one, but so far the ones the phone came with have held up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Deep_420 View Post
    Is it weird that I have just left the screen protector the phone came with on? I may end up getting another one, but so far the ones the phone came with have held up nicely.

I did the same thing I'm going to be waiting on a dry protector as well.

No screen protector here, always hated them. Running around naked as a jaybird.
    Bobman, raysgrumpy and Nkrdbl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Solutions Etcetera View Post
    Have to agree... for me it seems a little like putting slip covers over a finely embroidered sofa. Plus I have messed with a few and they never go on perfect. That couple with the curved glass of the Nexus 4... its just gonna look bad.
    Exactly'I have the bumpah but that's designed for the phone. If it wasn't, the only thing separating people from my phone is a thin layer of gaberdeen /Seinfeld

I have Skinomi full body screen protector and I love it. It was hard to install on the sides of the device but it definitely gives you some extra grip on the device.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidT787 View Post
    I have Skinomi full body screen protector and I love it. It was hard to install on the sides of the device but it definitely gives you some extra grip on the device.
    Can you post pics of the screen protector please? Really dying to see it on the N4.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Zagg has a 50% off sale today for the Nexus 4 Screen Protector. LG Nexus 4 E960 Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG

Global Posts
    215 Global Posts

Just ordered this set...I used these back in the Nokia days and they were simply amazing. I will post when I receive them and post some install pics too.

Purchased a front and back set the other day. Will see if it's worth it.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    Just ordered this set...I used these back in the Nokia days and they were simply amazing. I will post when I receive them and post some install pics too.
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicresidue View Post
    Purchased a front and back set the other day. Will see if it's worth it.
    I'll be interested in seeing what you guys think of the set, pics would be much appreciated; if possible!
    HTC Evo > Epic 4g > Optimus V > Sensation > S2 Epic Touch > Galaxy S4g > Tmo Galaxy S2 > Nexus 7 > Nexus 4 > Galaxy S3 > Note 2 > Galaxy S4 > Nexus 5 > Moto G > Moto X

I'm rocking a matte screen protector I got from the local mall. It's smooth and doesn't get any fingerprints on the screen. Makes the pics look a lil fuzzy but ill deal with it not to have to keep wiping the damn screen.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Default Anyone rocking a screen protector?

I'll be interested in seeing what you guys think of the set, pics would be much appreciated; if possible!
    Will do, although I just ordered my phone today so I will likely have the screen protectors before the device.

Global Posts
    1,430 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by makaroni View Post
    I'm rocking a matte screen protector I got from the local mall. It's smooth and doesn't get any fingerprints on the screen. Makes the pics look a lil fuzzy but ill deal with it not to have to keep wiping the damn screen.
    This is exactly why I don't use screen protectors. What's the point of having a delicious HD screen if you're going to slap something on it which degrades the quality? Every Retina screen iPhone I've seen of has had some sort of protector on it which makes the image gritty like sandpaper. Between the dinky size - I had to load an app on a friend's iPhone 4 and going from my big GS2 screen to 3.5" of iBlah - and the protector, I could hardly see anything. I've been running naked for almost 14 months and if I give it a quick wipe with a microfiber cloth, it could pass for new. Just don't put it in your pocket with your keys and change.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)
    raysgrumpy and Fleury14 like this.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

I've always had screen protectors on my phones. There are always some who do or don't. I find clarivue protectors work for me. Good clarity and gives me a sense of safety. It will definitely go in the n4. Already ordered some hehe

I don't like cases, but I use a company called gelaskins.com who print really nice, easy to apply and remove skins. If you don't like their premade skins, you can upload your own pic and they'll do a skin for you. I have no affiliation with gelaskins, just a happy customer. I've been using them since I had my iPhone 3G. It also comes with a front skin which they make a wallpaper to use that matches up. Here's a pic of mine from a pic I took in Taos NM of a sunset. Just ignore the ***** holding the phone.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone rocking a screen protector?-uploadfromtaptalk1354118782093.jpg  

I had always used screen protectors until about a month ago. A friend of mine (Iphone and Apple everything guy) convinced me to take it off of my One s. IMO, the screen looks WAY better and is more responsive. I don't use one on my Nexus 4 either, but I did get a case to protect the back and for small falls etc. Naked and never turning back!

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    This is exactly why I don't use screen protectors. What's the point of having a delicious HD screen if you're going to slap something on it which degrades the quality? Every Retina screen iPhone I've seen of has had some sort of protector on it which makes the image gritty like sandpaper. Between the dinky size - I had to load an app on a friend's iPhone 4 and going from my big GS2 screen to 3.5" of iBlah - and the protector, I could hardly see anything. I've been running naked for almost 14 months and if I give it a quick wipe with a microfiber cloth, it could pass for new. Just don't put it in your pocket with your keys and change.
    You're absolutely right. It does take away from the definition of the screen. I'm just in love with the fact that I don't have to wipe the screen. I just paid 10 bucks for the so I'm gonna leave it on a lil longer and then go naked. I was naked on my HTC Evo 3D and loved it. I just get annoyed at all the smudges on the screen. You're right though, I'm losing out on the quality of the screen

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

Spigen UC all the way. Got a messed up version the first time but they sent out a revised one asap
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast