Ear buds or HeadSet (Q)

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
This is the answer to the question posted below that I asked in the Nexus 7 forum. My question in the Nexus 4 forum is does the same hold true. If so I thing it will be a deal breaker for me. I love the 7 and hope to be able to get a Nexus 4 soon but I would like to know about the wired headsets first. Bluetooth and or taking the phone out of my pocket to adjust the volume or play/pause just doesn't get it for me.

Answer: The Nexus 7 doesn't support wired headsets, it just has a regular headphone socket. It does support Bluetooth headsets though.

Question: Nexus 7 running JB 4.2. unlocked and rooted. I can't seam to get the the volume up and down and pause play buttons to work on any of my headsets. I have ones from an iPhone and 3 or four like the Logitech Ultimate Ears 600 Noise-Isolating Earphones. I have tried Akimbo player, Audiobook Player 2 and the stock Play Music. I have also tried Headset Button Controller.
I have had no luck and its really my only complaint with the first Android device I have owned.
Any and all help will be much appreciated and I hope I will be helping others as soon as I get up to speed on android.

Thanks for any advice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci