Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Default Re: What is the best case for the N4?

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Well it is gorilla glass 2. After seeing a scratch test, nothing can scratch it easily except when you use scissors and thing, keys and pencils in your pocket will most likely not scratch, just like things probably won't scratch and hard don't get shock protection? didn't know that...
    Yeah, that's true that Gorilla Glass 2 is really scratch resistant. But a lot of people are saying that the back glass seems to be a little "softer" and can be scratched by small grains of sand, which could get trapped between a hard case (well I suppose really any case for that matter) and scratch up the back. And yeah, hard cases don't provide much in the area of shock protection in comparison to silicone or TPU gel cases. They just transfer the shock into the phone without necessarily reducing much of the shock. Think of it like you jumped off a roof with really thin, hard shoes with little cushion, then you jumped off the roof with thicker shoes that have memory foam for insoles. Which would hurt less? The science is that anything that is softer will slow down the deceleration more, which lessens the shock.
    - Motorola Atrix 2 - Nexus 7 - Nexus 4

Yeah... makes sense when I think of it lol, never actually thought of it. Not risking my Nexus 4 with a scratch test, no way :P. I've had a hard case for my ipod touch and the ipod doesn't have anything wrong with it, works great. I'm not going to chuck it at the wall or anything, just dropping it at about chest height (4-5 feet up?)

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I bought this for $5 from eBay shipped. Ordered it Saturday morning; it arrived on Wednesday. (I searched for US-based sellers to avoid delays.)

Is it the "best"? Probably not, but most cases (and accessories in general) are such a total ripoff. 20 cents to make and they get sold for up to $15. It looks just like the "Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for Google Nexus 4 (LG E960)" selling at Amazon for $8.93 and the "i-Blason Slim Fit S Line Flexible TPU Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG" selling for $12.95. The baggie was labeled "Zizo" but it's just the company that bought from the same commodity case mill the others bought at. I bought a Body Glove case for my OG EVO 4G in 2010 and it was $20 and so flimsy it broke in one place and I had to Scotch tape it together.

I ran my GS2 naked, but the Nexus 4 gives me the willies setting it down on that glass back and with my dry hands, it's hard to keep a grip on the slick glass. The "ridges for her pleasure" should help prevent the easy slips and the lens is protected on its back and the screen when set face down.
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    I bought this for $5 from eBay shipped. Ordered it Saturday morning; it arrived on Wednesday. (I searched for US-based sellers to avoid delays.)

Is it the "best"? Probably not, but most cases (and accessories in general) are such a total ripoff. 20 cents to make and they get sold for up to $15. It looks just like the "Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for Google Nexus 4 (LG E960)" selling at Amazon for $8.93 and the "i-Blason Slim Fit S Line Flexible TPU Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG" selling for $12.95. The baggie was labeled "Zizo" but it's just the company that bought from the same commodity case mill the others bought at. I bought a Body Glove case for my OG EVO 4G in 2010 and it was $20 and so flimsy it broke in one place and I had to Scotch tape it together.

I ran my GS2 naked, but the Nexus 4 gives me the willies setting it down on that glass back and with my dry hands, it's hard to keep a grip on the slick glass. The "ridges for her pleasure" should help prevent the easy slips and the lens is protected on its back and the screen when set face down.
    Yeah, i've been seeing a lot of those lately. It seems like the only case that's been selling on ebay... I got the nillkin hard case (yet to arrive) because it looks slick and it comes with a screen protector which i heard was very good quality.

The Ionic Guardian got held up in customs apparently. The Amazon seller says they should arrive late this week, not sure what that means for me actually getting it. I suppose it's par for the course on the whole Nexus 4 buying and owning experience right...

Got bumper?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by smartphonedude View Post
    Got bumper?
    Does anyone here have the bumper? If so, what are your thoughts on quality, grip, quirks, or anything else? I'd like to know before I buy one (if/when they ever come back on the market).

Quote Originally Posted by wreti View Post
    Does anyone here have the bumper? If so, what are your thoughts on quality, grip, quirks, or anything else? I'd like to know before I buy one (if/when they ever come back on the market).
    Quite a bit of people have the bumper and peope are selling on ebay for 80+ which is a total rip off :/
    I saw a review video and it has a chrome touch to the side and the metal is quite bendable, not that hard. Doesn't add much girth to it and the grip is nice. The back and front are covered by the bumper and protects it from falls.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Quite a bit of people have the bumper and peope are selling on ebay for 80+ which is a total rip off :/
    I saw a review video and it has a chrome touch to the side and the metal is quite bendable, not that hard. Doesn't add much girth to it and the grip is nice. The back and front are covered by the bumper and protects it from falls.
    Me want me want. Yeah no less than $80. Im so close to buying it because I'm sure when Google gets some more in stock I'll probably be too late. Google doesn't seem to have anything that alerts you when it comes back in stock

Quote Originally Posted by smartphonedude View Post
    Me want me want. Yeah no less than $80. Im so close to buying it because I'm sure when Google gets some more in stock I'll probably be too late. Google doesn't seem to have anything that alerts you when it comes back in stock

google doesn't but other sites do. The site I used wasn't useful though, I was like TELL ME WHEN I CAN BUY A NEXUS 4. It hasn't emailed me since.
    Just forget about the bumper or if you still want it, wait for it to be available but buy a really cheap case for now, you can find some for less than two dollars and it can protect your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
    I'm ideally looking for something similar to the Otterbox Defender.

Post links if you can.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    If you really want an Otterbox Case, a petition has been submitted at change.org to get Otterbox to make one for the Nexus 4.

http://www.change.org/petitions/otte...ogle-nexus-4-2
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Quote Originally Posted by Rbower View Post
    The Ionic Guardian got held up in customs apparently. The Amazon seller says they should arrive late this week, not sure what that means for me actually getting it. I suppose it's par for the course on the whole Nexus 4 buying and owning experience right...
    The seller gave me a refund of the shipping costs due to the delays, so I cut him/her some slack.

Quote Originally Posted by socaltyger View Post
    Just received the Kay's case from Amazon. Looks exactly like this (but in black).. I imagine they all get it from the same supplier from China or somewhere. Typical cheap plastic/rubber case, nothing special.. fit's snug enough though. Definitely does not look or feel as nice as the OEM bumper case.. but then again, it does offer backside protection. This case will work fine for the time being until a nicer one comes along.

Personally looking forward to a nice flip case.
    I also got one from kay's case

Quote Originally Posted by Paco1510 View Post
    If you really want an Otterbox Case, a petition has been submitted at change.org to get Otterbox to make one for the Nexus 4.

http://www.change.org/petitions/otte...ogle-nexus-4-2
    Real world problems.using change to petition that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
    The seller gave me a refund of the shipping costs due to the delays, so I cut him/her some slack.

Did they give you an idea on when you might get it, they were pretty vague with me.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Quote Originally Posted by Rbower View Post
    Did they give you an idea on when you might get it, they were pretty vague with me.
    I was also given the run around. I'll be buying a case in-store to use temporarily (if I can find one), and then return it when my Iconic Guardian case arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Corwin Mhael View Post
    Just got my Nexus 4 last night and I'm freaking out about breaking it. This is my first decent phone, the phone I've been using for the past 2 years was a Samsung Moment (my god was I an ***** for buying that without doing any research) and I dropped that thing about 200 times on every surface imaginable. While a crappy phone, it is fairly indestructible, I finally lost voice calling after 22 months something must have shaken loose. So, being prone to treating my toys like crap, what do you guys think the MOST protective case out there will be, looks being much less important. I kind of like the idea of a folding leather case like this
    Amazon.com: Poetic Slimbook Leather Case for Google Nexus 4: Computers & Accessories

thoughts? Thanks
    Ordered this today. Saw a video on Youtube for iPhone Poetic Slimbook Leather Case. Found it good & suits my needs.
    This will provide back & screen protection & hopefully will be providing fall protection as well !!

Needed something immediately. Just got the clear cheap Sline case from ebay. Its meh........

Don't really need anything stylish right now, just get something that can protect from falls.

Got bumper?

Global Posts
    11,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    GS3: CleanROM / N4: AOKP

If you're an Otterbox fan, I have good news. I had emailed and tweeted them asking whether they will be making the Otterbox Commuter for the Nexus 4.

Today, I received a response confirming that Otterbox is working on cases for the Nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by NotJustAPhone View Post
    Today, I received a response confirming that Otterbox is working on cases for the Nexus 4.
    About time! Thanks for the update!
    NotJustAPhone likes this.

If you're an Otterbox fan, I have good news. I had emailed and tweeted them asking whether they will be making the Otterbox Commuter for the Nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Awesome

NotJustAPhone likes this.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Now the big question is when they will get the case on the market. If they are just starting to work on it now it could be a month or more till we see them on the market.

It also will be interesting to see if wireless charging will work through a case like the Otterbox commuter or defender. Have any of you tested to see how far away the phone can be from the Qi pad before it stops charging?

I wonder if Otterbox will be able to beat LG Nexus 4 Ballistic Shell Gel SG Series Case | goballisticcase.com to market.

Quote Originally Posted by atomicfrost View Post
    Now the big question is when they will get the case on the market. If they are just starting to work on it now it could be a month or more till we see them on the market.

It also will be interesting to see if wireless charging will work through a case like the Otterbox commuter or defender. Have any of you tested to see how far away the phone can be from the Qi pad before it stops charging?

I wonder if Otterbox will be able to beat LG Nexus 4 Ballistic Shell Gel SG Series Case | goballisticcase.com to market.
    Ballistic! Oh wow! I have one for my Playbook tablet. If they will be similar in design, there will be a super rubbery skin which is covered by a hard plastic shell, and a hard plastic snap on front cover. Totally indestructable.
    The Practical BBQ'r !
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast