Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #101  

Default Re: What is the best case for the N4?

Quote Originally Posted by SOLGarion View Post
    Just got in the exact armor case and seems the exact same as ionic minus the branding. It does have the newer pattern on the back of the ionic guardian pictures. Ordered yesterday, received today. Paid 3.95.Attachment 53785Attachment 53786

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    That's a knockoff. I can tell due to the lack of a logo.

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post

But seriously I have both and it's exactly the same aside from the logo.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by SOLGarion View Post
    Just got in the exact armor case and seems the exact same as ionic minus the branding. It does have the newer pattern on the back of the ionic guardian pictures. Ordered yesterday, received today. Paid 3.95.Attachment 53785Attachment 53786

is the power button easier to press than the ebay tpu s line one? also do aux cables (or big headphone jacks) fit?
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

the bumper case is the best.. duh

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

who's tried the knockoff bumper? im considering trying that + a screen protector for the back

edit: now considering knockoff bumper + back screen protector, diztronic case, or cruzerlite case. i want to make sure which of these options allow for easy button pressing, and allow for large headphone jacks to be used (i.e. aux cable). all ~$12
    Last edited by bobjohnson201; 12-21-2012 at 11:21 AM.
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post

I hope you are joking. If you were being sarcastic I apologize. They are the same, probably from the same source. The ionic logo is just silk screened or stuck on there. Comes off with nail polish remover. One guy who bought in bulk is just willing to take a smaller profit margin than another. And one invested in colors.

Like saying all the S-Line cases are knock offs of the i-Blason S-Line case. All the same.

Thanked by:
    calvindm3 likes this.

I didn't think the poetic bumper was shipping til Dec 30th. It is being sold by the same seller as the Exact Armor case BTW. Any one got a ship notification on the bumper?

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

^its in stock now. i went for the cruzerlite one after basically ruining my s line tpu one after cutting a hole for the power button.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    is the power button easier to press than the ebay tpu s line one? also do aux cables (or big headphone jacks) fit?
    I haven't tried headphones yet as i usually use a bluetooth pair but the power button is perfect. Covered by silicon but with a cut out of the hard plastic surrounding it. Feels very good.

Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

^its in stock now. i went for the cruzerlite one after basically ruining my s line tpu one after cutting a hole for the power button.
    So it didn't work in the end? Bummer.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I was lucky enough to receive my phone yesterday along with my Nillikin case. I found the case to be very nice and over all a nice fit. It is a bit bare on the top and bottom but appears to cover what it needs. Only a good drop will tell the tale. What I did find was that it is a bit slippery. I may still check out a bumper but this certainly isn't a bad case.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums.
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    So it didn't work in the end? Bummer.

nah it didnt work out. the surrounding was too thick, so the power button was very recessed, which made it even more difficult to press. also, because i used a razor knife to cut it, some of the edges of the hole were quite sharp. so I definitely DONT recommend anyone cutting out the power and/or volume button on the tpu s line case, as it basically ruined mine.
    Thanked by:
    badbrad17 likes this.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

for now i think full body protection is appropriate. later on, i think i might try it out the knockoff bumper but only when i feel bad a$$ enough lol

hope the wait time isn't too much longer for this I've always had Otterbox Defender cases on my phones but have noticed the rubber outer skin getting very loose over time.

Here are some pics. Sorry, I didn't realize how nasty the phones were until I looked at the pictures. I suppose that is what happens when you let your 2 year old son play on your phone. I would clean and retake but my wife is gone with her phone so I can't do the same shots. Here are some shots in the Armor cases and next to a naked phone and a TPU s-line.

The armor cases have each been used for a few days so it does show how it catches onto pocket lint ala an otterbox.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is the best case for the N4?-dsc02243.jpg   What is the best case for the N4?-dsc02244.jpg   What is the best case for the N4?-dsc02245.jpg   What is the best case for the N4?-dsc02246.jpg   What is the best case for the N4?-dsc02247.jpg  

What is the best case for the N4?-dsc02248.jpg   What is the best case for the N4?-dsc02249.jpg   What is the best case for the N4?-dsc02250.jpg   What is the best case for the N4?-dsc02251.jpg   What is the best case for the N4?-dsc02254.jpg  

What is the best case for the N4?-dsc02252.jpg   What is the best case for the N4?-dsc02253.jpg  
    Thanked by:

Have you received your Cruzerlite case? I like the selection of colors available. How much is shipping?

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kmcochran View Post
    Have you received your Cruzerlite case? I like the selection of colors available. How much is shipping?
    nah i just ordered it when i posted that. i believe shipping was a couple of bucks, but be sure to use coupon code "XDA" and get 10% off. Basically cancels out shipping . Also, yeah i do like the colors as well. I went for teal btw

I received mine and posted in another thread. Not happy with mine because the bottom mic is covered.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/nex...not-happy.html

Last edited by donm527; 12-23-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Poetic Bumper sold by Exact is now $10 bucks instead of 5. Still free shipping though. Amazon.com: Poetic Borderline Bumper case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG Black/Gray(3 Year Warranty from Poetic): Electronics

whats your opinion about Amzer Snap On Case ??

My phone will be arriving in 2 weeks and since I want it's protection to be here when I start using it. I think I am decided on the Diztronic TPU Case but I really want to show off the back side of the phone. So would you suggest that I go for the Official Bumper case? I am concerned that if I drop the phone how much of a shock can that case absorb?

Also please suggest me a screen guard I should buy for the front and back. I don't want to go all guns and spend on this and that. I am already stretched quite a bit with the shopping I did this month!
    "Stupidity got us into this mess and stupidity will get us out." ~ Homer Simpson

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I received mine and posted in another thread. Not happy with mine because the bottom mic is covered.

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...8C0E39D3C6.jpg
    i think you just got unlucky and ended up with a bad case. look over here Cruzerlite Nexus 4 Pre order TPU - Page 6 - xda-developers
    you should definitely contact them about it
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #123  

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r...8C0E39D3C6.jpg
    That case looks cute!

i got my cruzerlite smoke androidified case the other day, but i sold my nexus, so now im either going to sell it or send it back

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Dramer77 View Post
    i got my cruzerlite smoke androidified case the other day, but i sold my nexus, so now im either going to sell it or send it back
    Off topic, but how come you sold it so soon?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast