Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Default Re: What is the best case for the N4?

Amazon.com: Poetic Atmosphere Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG Clear/Gray(3 Year Warranty from Poetic): Computers & Accessories This case is NOW SHIPPING! It wasn't supposed to shipt till 12/31 but I got the email today! It looks tough and I will update when I receive it!
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    Off topic, but how come you sold it so soon?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    just wasnt that into it.. had a few bugs.. and it didnt run as fast on the AT&T network around here, i dunno if its due to them not having the nexus in the system and not being able to properly register it or what... i had the right apn and plan.. tested a few other apn settings.. the s3 i have now runs much faster and is more consistent..

I have the black nillkin case and it is way more slippery than I had hoped it would be. Also doesn't protect the screen when placed face down. I have a defective kayscase hard case that doesn't fit properly but the plastic it is made of had great grip.

The nillkin and a generic tpu case with the 'wave' pattern have both attributed to ruining my $15 skinomi screen protector as they both come up on the glass as well.

I don't think I will get another case until I can get a two piece case that won't be pushing the screen protectors up off my screen.

Struggling to choose between the Poetic Bumper, Exact Armor Case, Ionic Guardian, or the Diztronic TPU... any ideas?

Yeah I updated my thread... I removed and readjusted and able to get the mic holes to line. I'm liking the case more and more... snug fit, a little rise on the front to protect the glass face down and makes the phone just feel more solid/dense.

i think you just got unlucky and ended up with a bad case. look over here Cruzerlite Nexus 4 Pre order TPU - Page 6 - xda-developers
    you should definitely contact them about it
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #131  

I'm considering ordering the Cruzerlite Androidified case, but I'm reading complaints about the headphone jack being covered.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by aguillen89 View Post
    Amazon.com: Poetic Atmosphere Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG Clear/Gray(3 Year Warranty from Poetic): Computers & Accessories This case is NOW SHIPPING! It wasn't supposed to shipt till 12/31 but I got the email today! It looks tough and I will update when I receive it!
    Is the case a TPU(flexible) or hard case type?
    "Stupidity got us into this mess and stupidity will get us out." ~ Homer Simpson

I just placed an order for this case, hopefully it will be good. Getting tired of all these cases ruining these expensive screen protectors or being too slippery to be useful.

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Check out the Cruzerlite cases, they always do a bang up job and expose the needed buttons quite well. I am still awaiting mine, but the prior ones I have had left me very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxcarJoe View Post
    It said on the product description page it's "polycarbonate, and thermoplastic polyurethane", so I believe it's TPU, as soon as it comes in (Saturday hopefully) I'll post pictures and everything!

Hi everyone! I've been looking for a case that I can put on my Nexus 4 AS SOON as it arrives! (I have a really terrible habit of new phone homicide). I'm still undecided on which case I'm going for, but regardless, I'm thinking I should get a screen protector for the front and back. Is that pointless, since I plan on using a case?

I got the cruzerlite case and I love it. I haven't put on a screen protector.

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by tabalew View Post
    Hi everyone! I've been looking for a case that I can put on my Nexus 4 AS SOON as it arrives! (I have a really terrible habit of new phone homicide). I'm still undecided on which case I'm going for, but regardless, I'm thinking I should get a screen protector for the front and back. Is that pointless, since I plan on using a case?
    I bought the Nillkin case and think it's too slippery. I got a screen protector but haven't put it on. I think it's useless to put it on the back with the case but it certainly wouldn't hurt. I just ordered the Poetic Atmosphere case which I think looks really nice. Check it out on Amazon.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

I also have the cruzerlite and imo can't go wrong with it.
    I would say a back protector is not needed if you have a case but a case will not protect a front.
    I have a zaggs front screen protector with the cruzerlite.

Quote Originally Posted by tabalew View Post

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    I also have the cruzerlite and imo can't go wrong with it.
    I would say a back protector is not needed if you have a case but a case will not protect a front.
    I have a zaggs front screen protector with the cruzerlite.
    Since I didn't get my Nexus 4 yet, I need to ask - Can we just leave the back protector(the one that comes originally) on the phone?

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by rudeshko View Post
    Since I didn't get my Nexus 4 yet, I need to ask - Can we just leave the back protector(the one that comes originally) on the phone?
    Yes you can. I did this until I got my case.

Android Evangelist
    rudeshko likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxcarJoe View Post
    So my case came in on saturday, and it is not a TPU flexible case. It is made out of the same plastic, but this case is much more durable. You can read my full description on amazon here.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by aguillen89 View Post
    So my case came in on saturday, and it is not a TPU flexible case. It is made out of the same plastic, but this case is much more durable. You can read my full description on amazon here.
    Could you please post some pictures of the case and Nexus 4 with the case on it please? I tried to find some reviews or pics in the internet but haven't found any..

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Got my cruzerlite case. Seems nice so far. Am liking the teal color and the button cutouts.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is the best case for the N4?-uploadfromtaptalk1356990655590.jpg  
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Yes you can. I did this until I got my case.

i wish i had the sense to do that... i already have some scratches on the back and only took it out with me a couple of times
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

whos tried the knockoff bumper? any good?

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

cruzerlite just released a new one
    Bugdroid Circuit Case for Nexus 4 - Nexus 4 - LG - Cases

i like the look of that better than mine. too bad it wasn't available when i ordered my case
    rudeshko likes this.

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

i wish i had the sense to do that... i already have some scratches on the back and only took it out with me a couple of times
    Dang that sucks. I bet it was from a bit of grit between you phone and table etc.

Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Dang that sucks. I bet it was from a bit of grit between you phone and table etc.

Nah I don't think it was from the table I think it was from something in my car or pocket

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Nah I don't think it was from the table I think it was from something in my car or pocket

either way. Major bummer

Android Evangelist
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast