Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Default Re: What is the best case for the N4?

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    whos tried the knockoff bumper? any good?
    From some other threads it seems the poetic bumpers are separating some at the seams. They do have a 3 year warranty (I haven't had a single phone for 3 years since flip phone days) so any with that issue should be able to get a replacement. Hopefully a newer batch will get better because it seems pretty soon to be falling apart. Having to do a RMA for your case every 2 weeks is no fun. Especially since it is $10 now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by SOLGarion View Post
    From some other threads it seems the poetic bumpers are separating some at the seams. They do have a 3 year warranty (I haven't had a single phone for 3 years since flip phone days) so any with that issue should be able to get a replacement. Hopefully a newer batch will get better because it seems pretty soon to be falling apart. Having to do a RMA for your case every 2 weeks is no fun. Especially since it is $10 now.

where did you read about the bumpers separating at the seams? yea if its true than its not worth in IMO
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    either way. Major bummer

i try not to think about it, else i get sleepless nights...
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4
    Thanked by:

where did you read about the bumpers separating at the seams? yea if its true than its not worth in IMO
    Over on the XDA boards.

Bumper Case from Poetic (12/24 ship) & Atmosphere Case

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

after my aux cable wasn't working with my cruzerlite case on (and the s line case), i started to realize that the case wasn't the problem, the aux cable was. after doing some quick research i found that special aux cables are designed with a "step" in the plug design so that it does interfere with the added thickness of a case. i found this on amazon Amazon.com: Mediabridge 3.5mm Male To 3.5mm Male Stereo Audio Cable - 4 Feet - Step Down Design accommodates iPhone, iTouch, SmartPhone and MP3 cases: Electronics and it does interfere with the case!

i've attached a pic of my old aux cable so you guys can see what i am talking about. hope this helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is the best case for the N4?-oldaux.jpg  

I just ordered one of these...

It won't offer much drop protection, but also won't add any bulk to the phone. I had a very similar case for my Thunderbolt (it was probably from the same manufacturer in China). The holster was very secure, but it was still easy to remove the phone when needed. Hopefully the Nexus 4 version is just as good.

I also have a Cruzerlite Androidified A2 case. It is a very good case, but I need a holster. I don't like the horizontal pouch style holsters, and all of the top loading versions I have seen were either too small to fit the phone and case, or way too large.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

I got this from amazon , it's OK for 10 bucks

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009Y1...idcentral00-20

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

After just popping my phone out of my cruzerlite case for the hell of it, and seeing how damn beautiful this phone is, I feel very reluctant to put it back in... I think I wanna go the bumper + screen protector route...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Pre ordered a seido active case with kickstand but at the moment using a wallet style flip case that folds in landscape to view judge Judy on you tube :-P
    Wallet case
    Sceen protector is garbage though and I took it off.
    Seidio case

Thanked by:

Google's bumper with XtremeGuard or Zagg Invisible Shield front and back protector....
    United States Air Force

Best case?? Ionic armor ftmfw!!!
    Thanked by:
    SOLGarion likes this.

Exact armor is what I am rocking. Same case as the ionic but i got it for $4 with prime. Purple ionic for my wife. I am happy with black so got the exact armor as it was cheaper.

If protection is more important than price this has just been posted

just found these and they look like the otterbox style, not sure if they have a good lip on the front though and im not sure they post to uk but im interested in them

Let's all vote for these amazing cases!

ROM
    Stock

I got this case for $3.18 shipped and like it way more than the official bumper... in fact I already sold my bumper. It only took about a week to receive from the time of ordering..yay.
    HTC Evo > Epic 4g > Optimus V > Sensation > S2 Epic Touch > Galaxy S4g > Tmo Galaxy S2 > Nexus 7 > Nexus 4 > Galaxy S3 > Note 2 > Galaxy S4 > Nexus 5 > Moto G > Moto X

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by cluckkillerb View Post
    I got this case for $3.18 shipped and like it way more than the official bumper... in fact I already sold my bumper. It only took about a week to receive from the time of ordering..yay.
    Looks a lot like the Nillikin case. I have been happy with it.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Looks ok but it
    Looks like a standard thin case I'm wanting a more substantial armour case settled with the one in my post above but still getting a seido, otterbox or ballistic if they ever get produced :-P

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by nigeljennings View Post
    Looks ok but it
    Looks like a standard thin case I'm wanting a more substantial armour case settled with the one in my post above but still getting a seido, otterbox or ballistic if they ever get produced :-P

I don't need that kind of protection and don't like the bulk of otterbox etc. But each to their own.

Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

if you guys were gonna case a GS3 or iphone 5 what would you get? i say this because these two have more available so i wanna know what to look out for

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I don't need that kind of protection and don't like the bulk of otterbox etc. But each to their own.

i could never bring myself to put something like an otterbox on my phone. way too fugly.
    badbrad17 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

if you guys were gonna case a GS3 or iphone 5 what would you get? i say this because these two have more available so i wanna know what to look out for
    I like a thin case that protects from general drops but not against the oops I left my phone on the roof of my car drops

Android Evangelist
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I like a thin case that protects from general drops but not against the oops I left my phone on the roof of my car drops

lol can you be more specific as to what material type and what brand?

This is poorly written and refers to the iphones "plastic" body but it is a nice collection of cases. Thought it was an auto generated page, and maybe it is, but still good selection of cases with links (probably through affiliate program) right to the amazon listing.

Some good ones for the Nexus would be the ultra light clear incipio. The Rokform is pretty sweet looking too for something diff. Especially if they let the Nexus be exposed like the apple logo. The can cover up the LG logo though...

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by SOLGarion View Post
    This is poorly written and refers to the iphones "plastic" body but it is a nice collection of cases. Thought it was an auto generated page, and maybe it is, but still good selection of cases with links (probably through affiliate program) right to the amazon listing.

Some good ones for the Nexus would be the ultra light clear incipio. The Rokform is pretty sweet looking too for something diff. Especially if they let the Nexus be exposed like the apple logo. The can cover up the LG logo though...

thanks this is what i was looking for. so tpu is not the way to go? i didnt know there were such thing as metallic, they seem pretty cool. also the ones that charge your phone lol...
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast