What is the best case for the N4?

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Might get an otter box if you bug them enough.

OtterBox (@OtterBox) tweeted at 0:10 PM on Fri, Nov 30, 2012:
@rcadden We don't currently have plans but the Power is in the People, so we just might change our mind if we keep getting requests.
(https://twitter.com/OtterBox/status/274561002643808256)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

I'm using the case that I ordered from Amazon in the meantime.

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I tweeted OtterBox about a Nexus 4 case too. If they get enough people expressing interest, they may decide to offer a case.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I ordered the Kay's case with the "S" line in the back. It's black one and it has NO logo.
Hmm, kinda a buzzkill as I received my Kay's case today but HAS the logo on the bottom. I thought the pics on Amazon were their watermark logo :( My name isn't Kay, so that sucks azz.. LOL..
oh wells.. Nice gel case, but I'll be getting something else at some point when more case choices are out there.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That's a good deal... but for some reason my gut tells me that a hard case might not be the best for the nexus 4. I feel like dust and sand could get sandwiched between the nexus 4 and the case, leaving the back scratched after long use. I guess I would pair the hard case with a protector for the back (ie. XtremeGuard, Zagg Invisible Shield). Also, hard cases don't give much in terms of shock protection, which is a category that the Nexus 4 desperately needs. I think a TPU case is the perfect solution (at least for me). But that case is good looking and should fare well in terms of external scratch protection (just don't drop your Nexus from too high up) :p

Well it is gorilla glass 2. After seeing a scratch test, nothing can scratch it easily except when you use scissors and thing, keys and pencils in your pocket will most likely not scratch, just like things probably won't scratch and hard don't get shock protection? didn't know that...

celliott96

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well it is gorilla glass 2. After seeing a scratch test, nothing can scratch it easily except when you use scissors and thing, keys and pencils in your pocket will most likely not scratch, just like things probably won't scratch and hard don't get shock protection? didn't know that...
Yeah, that's true that Gorilla Glass 2 is really scratch resistant. But a lot of people are saying that the back glass seems to be a little "softer" and can be scratched by small grains of sand, which could get trapped between a hard case (well I suppose really any case for that matter) and scratch up the back. And yeah, hard cases don't provide much in the area of shock protection in comparison to silicone or TPU gel cases. They just transfer the shock into the phone without necessarily reducing much of the shock. Think of it like you jumped off a roof with really thin, hard shoes with little cushion, then you jumped off the roof with thicker shoes that have memory foam for insoles. Which would hurt less? The science is that anything that is softer will slow down the deceleration more, which lessens the shock.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah... makes sense when I think of it lol, never actually thought of it. Not risking my Nexus 4 with a scratch test, no way :p. I've had a hard case for my ipod touch and the ipod doesn't have anything wrong with it, works great. I'm not going to chuck it at the wall or anything, just dropping it at about chest height (4-5 feet up?)

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I bought this for $5 from eBay shipped. Ordered it Saturday morning; it arrived on Wednesday. (I searched for US-based sellers to avoid delays.)

Is it the "best"? Probably not, but most cases (and accessories in general) are such a total ripoff. 20 cents to make and they get sold for up to $15. It looks just like the "Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for Google Nexus 4 (LG E960)" selling at Amazon for $8.93 and the "i-Blason Slim Fit S Line Flexible TPU Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG" selling for $12.95. The baggie was labeled "Zizo" but it's just the company that bought from the same commodity case mill the others bought at. I bought a Body Glove case for my OG EVO 4G in 2010 and it was $20 and so flimsy it broke in one place and I had to Scotch tape it together.

I ran my GS2 naked, but the Nexus 4 gives me the willies setting it down on that glass back and with my dry hands, it's hard to keep a grip on the slick glass. The "ridges for her pleasure" should help prevent the easy slips and the lens is protected on its back and the screen when set face down.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought this for $5 from eBay shipped. Ordered it Saturday morning; it arrived on Wednesday. (I searched for US-based sellers to avoid delays.)

Is it the "best"? Probably not, but most cases (and accessories in general) are such a total ripoff. 20 cents to make and they get sold for up to $15. It looks just like the "Cimo S-Line Back Case Flexible TPU Cover for Google Nexus 4 (LG E960)" selling at Amazon for $8.93 and the "i-Blason Slim Fit S Line Flexible TPU Case for Google Nexus 4 Smart Phone E960 LG" selling for $12.95. The baggie was labeled "Zizo" but it's just the company that bought from the same commodity case mill the others bought at. I bought a Body Glove case for my OG EVO 4G in 2010 and it was $20 and so flimsy it broke in one place and I had to Scotch tape it together.

I ran my GS2 naked, but the Nexus 4 gives me the willies setting it down on that glass back and with my dry hands, it's hard to keep a grip on the slick glass. The "ridges for her pleasure" should help prevent the easy slips and the lens is protected on its back and the screen when set face down.

Yeah, i've been seeing a lot of those lately. It seems like the only case that's been selling on ebay... I got the nillkin hard case (yet to arrive) because it looks slick and it comes with a screen protector which i heard was very good quality.

Rbower

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The Ionic Guardian got held up in customs apparently. The Amazon seller says they should arrive late this week, not sure what that means for me actually getting it. I suppose it's par for the course on the whole Nexus 4 buying and owning experience right...

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone here have the bumper? If so, what are your thoughts on quality, grip, quirks, or anything else? I'd like to know before I buy one (if/when they ever come back on the market).

Quite a bit of people have the bumper and peope are selling on ebay for 80+ which is a total rip off :/
I saw a review video and it has a chrome touch to the side and the metal is quite bendable, not that hard. Doesn't add much girth to it and the grip is nice. The back and front are covered by the bumper and protects it from falls.

stockandroidguy

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Quite a bit of people have the bumper and peope are selling on ebay for 80+ which is a total rip off :/
I saw a review video and it has a chrome touch to the side and the metal is quite bendable, not that hard. Doesn't add much girth to it and the grip is nice. The back and front are covered by the bumper and protects it from falls.

Me want me want. Yeah no less than $80. Im so close to buying it because I'm sure when Google gets some more in stock I'll probably be too late. Google doesn't seem to have anything that alerts you when it comes back in stock

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Me want me want. Yeah no less than $80. Im so close to buying it because I'm sure when Google gets some more in stock I'll probably be too late. Google doesn't seem to have anything that alerts you when it comes back in stock

google doesn't but other sites do. The site I used wasn't useful though, I was like TELL ME WHEN I CAN BUY A NEXUS 4. It hasn't emailed me since.
Just forget about the bumper or if you still want it, wait for it to be available but buy a really cheap case for now, you can find some for less than two dollars and it can protect your phone.

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
The Ionic Guardian got held up in customs apparently. The Amazon seller says they should arrive late this week, not sure what that means for me actually getting it. I suppose it's par for the course on the whole Nexus 4 buying and owning experience right...

The seller gave me a refund of the shipping costs due to the delays, so I cut him/her some slack.

Jason Hu

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Just received the Kay's case from Amazon. Looks exactly like this (but in black).. I imagine they all get it from the same supplier from China or somewhere. Typical cheap plastic/rubber case, nothing special.. fit's snug enough though. Definitely does not look or feel as nice as the OEM bumper case.. but then again, it does offer backside protection. This case will work fine for the time being until a nicer one comes along.

Personally looking forward to a nice flip case.

I also got one from kay's case

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante